Simone Bolelli aka Superbol - Page 82 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #1216
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simone Bolelli aka Superbol

Hopefully the draw is good and he qualifies. I dont think he has much to defend now in terms of points so reaching the MD will be a start.

Especially Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #1217
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Simone plays Vagnozzi again in R1 of RG qualifying. He's got a winnable section, his problems will be his final round match, where he could face his friend Zeballos. It's all up to Simone what he will do in the qualifying. Vagnozzi will make him hit a lot of shots, so he has to execute.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #1218

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

If he plays to a good level he should qualify, but we know these matches are tough as players like Vagnozzi will give his all to make RG MD.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #1219
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Simone won 1-6 6-3 6-1. The first half of the match was a struggle. But after break for *4-2 in the second set, he cruised. That's a good sign for his next matches.

He plays Donskoy in R2. Tough player, Simone will need to keep a high level.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #1220
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Simone gets a day off tomorrow. He'll need to use it wisely and try to eliminate the bad patches in his game.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #1221

He seems to be starting matches slowly then getting into his rythym slightly. Hopefully that win gives him a boost though.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 05-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #1222

He beat Donskoy 63 75. Into the final round. Good lick Simo

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #1223
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Simone plays Veic in the final round of qualifying. Veic is similar to Vagnozzi so I expect another win if he plays well. We do have to say he's gotten pretty lucky in getting a comfortable draw so hopefully he finishes it off and makes the MD.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #1224

He is not lucky yet, like you say, he needs to finish it off.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #1225
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Well, Simone choked really badly today, losing 1-6 6-3 5-7. He was up a break in the third, dominant in the final two sets, until it got tight, where he collapsed. Lost his serve to 15 at *3-2 and lost it to love at *3-4. He then broke back at 3-5, struggled to hold for 5-5 and saved MPs (double faulted at 30-30), then DFd to lose the match after being up 40-0 at *5-6.

This is the type of match that will devastate Simone. He was looking good in that third set, but he failed horribly to make the most of his opportunities, proving that he still is not in a position mentally to take advantage of his talent. I want to be upset, but I'm more disappointed and disturbed. Simone really needs to look at himself in the mirror and find some heart and self-belief, because losing to players like Veic simply is inexcusable.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #1226
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

So, now we wait for potential lucky losers. There will be at least 4, and could be several more. So he has a good opportunity to take one. Maybe he will get a soft draw and can take advantage of the second chance were he to get one.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #1227
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
The youngest player in the WTA Top-100 is 18 years and 11 months old. See, nowadays not even paedophiles should be particularly interested in the women's tennis.
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #1228

Do you think its likely he will get the LL spot? Veic was probably more hungry than him today, surely Bolelli needs to start waking up. He starts most his matches way too badly aswell.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 05-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #1229
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

If any match were going to be a wake-up call, this is it. There are at least 4 withdrawals, so that means he has a pretty good shot at a WC. Could be as many as 6 or so. Unfortunately since he qualified last year he will lose points unless he wins a match in the MD-----should he make it.

If he doesn't make the MD, look for him to play the Alessandria challenger. After that he plays Prostejov.

There really isn't more that needs to be said right now. Simone should realize what is going on right now. He's approaching 26 years old. It's time for him to grow up and be a man on court now.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #1230

Dancevic in R1 is a great draw and the possibility of a showcourt showdown with Murray.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco