Next Move to Top 20, - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2007, 03:24 AM   #1
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next Move to Top 20,

By end of this year

May even better......

He got great energy...

Keep going, Sam

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #2
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Move to Top 20,

not this year..... Would see him at Top 20 next year

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
country flag Albop
Banned!

Albop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond reputeAlbop has a reputation beyond repute

Albop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
country flag jcempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by albop View Post
Sound like you don't believe

I told you that will happen any time soon

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

If you're interested in supporting a D Young forum, please vote here http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...71#post6306471
Veronique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
country flag tulsatea

tulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond repute

No questions over Querrey
By STEVE KILGALLON - Sunday Star Times | Sunday, 16 December 2007
Email a Friend | Printable View | Have Your Say
Related Links
• Subscribe to Archivestuff
• Have your say
Advertisement
Advertisement

The Americans are good at identifying great white hopes in sport. In tennis, they think it might come in the unassuming yet hulking form of Sam Querrey, a 1.98m player with a thumping serve.

With only seven top-100 players, there's a touch of desperation in that search for the next marketable male tennis star in the US, and Querrey, seeded 22nd for his first visit to the Heineken Open in Auckland next month, had a "lucrative" deal with adidas before even turning professional.

In the two years since, the 20-year-old has climbed more than 600 places to 63 in the ATP rankings. Of his compatriots only Andy Roddick (six), James Blake (13) and Mardy Fish (39) are higher-placed.

Blake, his first top-10 victim in July this year, observed his opponent had "just been having fun". It's the unique selling point of a player who didn't focus on tennis until the relatively late age of 16 and hasn't contemplated burnout syndrome.

"You know, a big part of it is to go out there, give it a great effort, and have fun, and most of the time I am having fun," he told the Star-Times from his home in Thousand Oaks, California. "I definitely don't [get stressed]. Don't get me wrong, I take it very seriously and I think I come off a little more down to earth and lackadaisical than I really am."

He confesses he's "slowly" becoming like other professionals.

"When I first started I was the new guy out there, having fun and didn't care, but now it's my career, I am starting to take it a little more seriously, day by day becoming a bit more professional."

That more sober approach is the product of a year in which Querrey's rapid climb finally began to level out. He was the first to win a Challenger event on debut, picked up two more in his first season, leapt from 616 to 66 in 13 months. But this year he dipped 16 places after losing seven straight matches, including round one defeats at Wimbledon and the French Open.

It taught him a lesson.

"I had been a little bit complacent about where I was. I stepped back and realised I had to work hard to make that next step," he says. "There is not a big difference in the guys ranked above 100. The top 10 are amazing, but the guys at 10 to 100 are also really great players and there is not a huge difference there."

Following that realisation came the most significant match of his short career, beating Blake in the quarterfinal of the Indianapolis Classic, where Querrey thumped 10 aces in succession, 34 in total.

"I didn't feel any pressure," he says. "And that was a big part of the reason why I won. There was rarely a time when I felt worried."

His dad had been a decent baseballer who turned down a professional contract to study, and motivated partly by that, Querrey agonised over a scholarship to the University of Southern California before turning pro at 18.

"I went back and forth on that decision for about 18 months [but I] haven't looked back since."

The flattening of the rankings curve means Querrey delivers understated ambitions for a year that begins at Stanley Street: he'd like to be top 30, win one ATP event, be more consistent. He has worked with a fitness trainer during a six-week off-season, and says: "I feel I am right there, it's just one extra step away."

Many are waiting to see if he accomplishes that step, but the "great hope" talk is lightly dealt with. Like an all-American kid straight from a Wolfe novel, Querrey says: "It doesn't bother me. I am humbled that people think of me that way. I'm just working hard, doing the best I can and whatever happens, happens. I don't feel any pressure."

When we finish talking, he's off to hit some balls with friend Michael McClune, a 17-year-old novice professional. There are the last vestiges of the wide-eyed enthusiast: a key reason why he wants to come here is to see "some great lodge my friends told me about".
tulsatea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
country flag jcempire

If Sam make it to 4RD in AO, He would make it to Top 20 before FO

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Let`s wait for 2009.

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
country flag Guille.

Guille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond repute

Go samm
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
country flag JeremyEli

JeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond reputeJeremyEli has a reputation beyond repute

does sam have any schedule 2009??????
JeremyEli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
country flag Guille.

Guille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond reputeGuille. has a reputation beyond repute

he will play firt in Brisbane and then Aukcland
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
country flag tulsatea

tulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond reputetulsatea has a reputation beyond repute

Sam lost 6-3and 6-3 to Sonderling. Had no break points and was broken 3 times. On to Auckland.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
country flag tulsatea

Swedish fourth seed Robin Soderling secured his place in the second round with a comfortable 6-3, 6-3 victory over American Sam Querrey. Soderling dropped just four points behind his first serve and was effective on Querrey’s, closing out three of five break points in the 55-minute match.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
country flag tulsatea

Carsten Ball and Chris Guccione, Australia, def. Mardy Fish and Sam Querrey, United States, 7-5, 7-5.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
country flag tulsatea

Sam plays wild card Daniel King- Turner in the first round in Auckland. Good draw.