The Official Andreas Seppi Cheering Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #31
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Andreas Seppi Cheering Thread

It's easy to support a guy when they are playing well and as for the Davis Cup, well Seppi would feel a lot worse about it than any of us will. He has to learn from the experience and then push forward from there.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #32
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am still awaiting for Seppi to make a breakthrough year... I hope he doesnt just become a top 100 player, because his talent says so more than that. He might be one who gets better with age though, probably peaking in his later 20's.

Especially Simone Bolelli and Fabio Fognini

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #33
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Seppi lost 6-3 6-4 to Falla and I didn't watch this match, but his break point conversion was poor.

First service game of the 1st set he was up 40-0 and lost, he broke back straight away and then dropped serve later.

Down a break at 4-3, broke back to make it 4 all and then he lost his serve again and got to deuce on Falla's last service game, but couldn't come through. Sure it's not easy to adjust from fast hardcourt to clay, but plenty of chances blown.

He is playing doubles with Volandri, so it's good match practice for him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 PM   #34

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said Seppi seems to crumble too often from good positions in games and sets. I just hope one day he can survive this.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 04-13-2007, 07:35 AM   #35
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well Andy should be happy Milan won in the Champs League and now he has to qualify for Monte Carlo.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #36
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Seppi will have a lot of support in MC. Forza

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #37
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

(2) Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP) - George Bastl (SUI)
Gorka Fraile (ESP) - (9) Andreas Seppi (ITA)

That's not too bad as qualie draws go, but just hope he is ready to go.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #38
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Seppi fumbled his way to victory 7-5 1-6 6-4. In the 1st set he was down 3-5 and then won 4 games in a row.

In the last set there were 7 breaks of serve, but Andy was able to serve it out and now plays Garcia-Lopez for a place in the main draw.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Andy has done it again, qualified for his 3rd TMS event of the season with an excellent 6-3 6-3 win over GGL.

Hope he can win a match in the main draw.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #40
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Andy plays Gabashvili in the 1st round, it's one that he can win for sure and if he wins then he will play Federer.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #41

Seppi has done well to qualify here... a way to get over the last couple of weeks.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 04-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #42

Great victory against Gabahsvili. Just lost 4 games and Seppi seems to be hitting back to some kind of decent form. Next up Federer so almost a certain loss, but hes done well to reach round 2.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #43
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Seppi played well from the last set that I saw and Gabashvili was going crazy as he does on court sometimes.

Seppi was getting good work on his forehand and he has nothing to lose against Federer, so just hope he can put on a good show.

The handshake was hilarious in that Gabash was so pissed off he just stuck his hand out and didn't even look at Seppi in the face.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #44
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I am very proud of the effort that Seppi put up against Federer. This is the perfect time to play him early in an event and while he was never going to win this match, he had some very good moments and too bad about the easy volley he failed to put away in that 2nd set tiebreak.

He wasn't being passive and it wasn't just brainless aggression either, hope he can build on that for the rest of the season.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #45

Yes hopefully it gives him some confidence. I am actually more impressed with how he has gotten over the bad Davis Cup match because he has done well to win 3 matches and get to the 2nd round before giving Fed a good match. Federer just knows how to win, he has more weapons to win, but Seppi showed that his ground strokes can hold up in any company in the world, he just needs to improve his all court game a little more and become a little more decisive in key moments.

Juan Martin Del Potro

Roger Federer

Thomas Berdych

Fernando Verdasco