If Nole wants the number one so badly, why isn't he playing one of Basel or Valencia? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute
Default If Nole wants the number one so badly, why isn't he playing one of Basel or Valencia?

He only has two 500 tournaments and Davis Cup play, so he should be able to count another 500 in his ranking.

Similarly, he hasn't played a single 250 this year. And he has the least amount of tournaments played out of the entire top 50. It just seems to me that Nole is talking the talk about wanting the number one but isn't actually putting his money where his mouth is.

edit: can you move this to Nole forum
'82 - '91: best decade in tennis

I am a fan of no tennis player.

Last edited by hipolymer : 10-06-2013 at 03:15 AM.
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nole wants the number one so badly, why isn't he playing one of Basel or Valen

Because there are two masters and a Davis Cup Final Still to play. Besides he hasnt been in Top Gear the whole season so he would want to recuperate and work on his game than mindlessly playing just catch up the rankings. That is the last thing which you want to do ,i.e, to play Tournaments just to get some points for the heck of it. That would be a Panic Decision. Something that Federer did ; playing in Bastad and Germany after his Wimbeldon Loss. What did he ultimately achieve? Nothing.

Also, Being Fit and COnfident for the New Season and Grand Slams is more important than catching Up Nadal at this point. Afterall, Rankings is just a Parameter of How you feel about your Game. If he is fit and Confident; catching up Nadal is just a matter of time.

Also Remember that Nadal is not a Good Front Runner at all. I wont put my money at all on Nadal of repeating the 2013 Season. He is always good when he has to play catch Up. He did that with Federer and now with Djokovic. Now with him being Number 1 he has the pressure of defending all those points.

Djokovic is in a Good Position right now.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If Nole wants the number one so badly, why isn't he playing one of Basel or Valen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Because there are two masters and a Davis Cup Final Still to play. Besides he hasnt been in Top Gear the whole season so he would want to recuperate and work on his game than mindlessly playing just catch up the rankings. That is the last thing which you want to do ,i.e, to play Tournaments just to get some points for the heck of it. That would be a Panic Decision. Something that Federer did ; playing in Bastad and Germany after his Wimbeldon Loss. What did he ultimately achieve? Nothing.

Also, Being Fit and COnfident for the New Season and Grand Slams is more important than catching Up Nadal at this point. Afterall, Rankings is just a Parameter of How you feel about your Game. If he is fit and Confident; catching up Nadal is just a matter of time.

Also Remember that Nadal is not a Good Front Runner at all. I wont put my money at all on Nadal of repeating the 2013 Season. He is always good when he has to play catch Up. He did that with Federer and now with Djokovic. Now with him being Number 1 he has the pressure of defending all those points.

Djokovic is in a Good Position right now.
TOOO !

I quite agree with you about everything.

About the Nadal frontrunner thing, because I can see in his body language that there is something pananoid inside him and because of the past.
About the 3 weeks in a row (Bercy O2 Davis Cup) which is enough and no need to add a fourth.

Not a Federer fan but I think you are wrong about his summer. I think he had to cope with a new racket and a small lack of confidence. He was not tired with his unusual early exits so it was not a Panic reaction like playing in Stockholm last year.

2 things I want to add.

#1 spot race is not a 100m race like. Nadal was fresh last year with his 7 months suspension but it will be harder in 2014.

Nole is building a new game with more net game, working with Fibak, playing some double.
Probably he should have done it sooner (when working with Martin a couple of years ago) BUT training hard and competing isn't a good moove.

Last but not least, I am really proud of Nole getting mature in this schedule.

I remember a couple of years ago, Nadal and Nole competing like nuts in all clay tournaments (Beograd Barcelona, and all 3 MS) and finally giving The French title to RF.

Goat only matters to make cheese.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Also, it's not a good idea to change his schedule at the last minute trying to gain the points that he let go during the season. What's done is done. Now the important thing is to try and close the season in style.

Novak hasn't played a 250 tournament since Belgrade a few years back.

He has 3 very important tournaments in consecutive weeks: Paris, WTF and Davis Cup. To add a 4th might jeopardise his performance there.

Like this, he gets 2 weeks off and he might win everything left. That would close the season with a bang.

And he might even finish the year as #1, who knows how Rafa will perform?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #5
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I was right in the end. The YE1 is probably going to come down to a difference of about 200 points after London. Nole will be greatly regretting not playing a 250 this year.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #6

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

OK the year is not finished yet and London results can darken his digest but regarding october results, I am sure Nole is very satisfied of playing less and be fresher than Rafa.

Nole is not (naturally ???) as strong as Rafa.

Last time he tried to play the same incredible schedule and some 250 (Monte Carlo Belgrade Rome Madrid and Paris) he was out of fuel vs Kohli.

It's a big sign of maturity from Nole not to play 250 and 500, the better way to long last.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #7
country flag hipolymer

Nole had a chance to play 250 before Wimbledon. Instead he chose to play meaningless exhibition tournament.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #8

Well, brate, I don't know if you are here just to troll or to try to think about the situation.

I will try to discuss another time.

You are right about one point : Nole has 17 results instead of 18 and it is partly why he lost World number 1.

Another good reason is he sucked in some MS 1000 this year especially in Madrid where he was more involved arguing wit balgarian fans than playing.

I hope you are a tennis player or at least a sportsman and you can understand sports is not PSIII or Wii and you have to recover to be fit.

Then, if you are a Nole fan you can notice he has not the same "natural" health like Ferrer and Nadal and he usually pays extra efforts he is making.

Have a look at him playing in Paris and London and you will see he's not that much better than his opponents, and sometimes clearly in danger.

The extra freshness he got not playing those 250/500 probably gave him the win over Ferrer and surely gave him the strength to defeat Federer 2 days after and then DelPo.

Every win in O2 is 200 points and worth as much as a "250" 4 or 5 wins.

Well I don't want to be offensive, I just want to make you understand, if you are really a Nole's fan, that you must think about his health instead of fast results.

Then if you are just trolling, never mind, I lost some of my time.

Last thing, I am really surprised but Nole and Serbia are not entering Hopman Cup this year, when he said this event was his Good Luck Star every year.

Maybe be he will go your way and play a "250" instead...