Early Commitments - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #16
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Commitments

Quote:
Originally Posted by viczbaia View Post
the seats in the corners are VIP seats which include a meal at the VIP lounge, VIP parking and so on and most of the time it's not really the VIPS taking up the rest of the seats but most of the seats are taken by the sponsors which hand them out and eventually end up in the hands of the tennis fans.with regards to gasquet,murray,and baghdatis,the company that organizes the tournament (BEC TERO) are currently in talks with the player's representatives but hopefully everything should be alright^^
thanks for the explanation. so, you have to 'know people'
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
country flag viczbaia

viczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond repute

lol it's not only that but there are competitions around the country in which the tickets can be won. i personally though disagree with the ticketing system for the tournament^^.
viczbaia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #18
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the seats in the corners are VIP seats which include a meal at the VIP lounge, VIP parking and so on and most of the time it's not really the VIPS taking up the rest of the seats but most of the seats are taken by the sponsors which hand them out and eventually end up in the hands of the tennis fans.with regards to gasquet,murray,and baghdatis,the company that organizes the tournament (BEC TERO) are currently in talks with the player's representatives but hopefully everything should be alright^^
The stadium was never packed... especially the VIP seats, such a waste I was sitting at the box below no.99 last year, and even that box didn't have a pleasant view

The funny thing was that they also served lots of snack, ice cream, and wine during the match (every break to be exact!) for VIP My friend got drunk even before the match started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
so, you have to 'know people'
You really need to know the people for a good seat or have a really good budget for the VIP tickets

Quote:
lol it's not only that but there are competitions around the country in which the tickets can be won. i personally though disagree with the ticketing system for the tournament^^.
@ the ticketing system. I think the sponsors have only given away 500 or 800 bht tickets. They should have a competition for the VIP seats as well
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #19
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

this is not going to make me popular with some of you... but it seems that a tennis tournament's ticketing system reflects quite well on the social system of the host nation

things are not perfect in australia either... at least with bangkok they have the honesty (or arrogance?) to show everyone that the better things in life are out of bounds from the commoner...

in aust they make a lot of seats available to the general public... but they never have the guts to show where the 'reserved' seats are on the seating plan... or who they are reserved for... or else there might be a lot of discontent from us commoners!!!

an interesting side note: see here for the seating map at indy this week, if you want to see full capitalism and democracy at play

http://www.tennisindy.com/seating.html

... there's no mistake that money buys you everything there, no matter who you are
Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #20
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

Via

one thing I'd like to recommend you. Buy cheapest ticket (500 Baht) and visit court no.1, you can be as close to the players as you are at Medibank. Last few years I noticed that they always put great matches on court no.1, simply because they have no idea who the players are. Not so many tennis fans there!! Safin was there couple of times, including A.& J. Murray, Henman, Soderling. Moreover, next to court no.1 there are 2 practice courts. You'll have a good view of players during practice when you sit on top of the stand.

Pls don't buy ticket and watch the game in center court since you have to be in a very long line for a while and get bad seating once you get in. Buying a more expensive ticket doesn't
help much either. You still see a very little ROddick.

VIP tickets can be found when you use services or buy products of the main sponsors, like Thai Airways. I believe if you buy Thai Airways ticket to BKK, you possibly get a VIP ticket to Thailand Open. Try to ask your travel agent.

One more thing to surprise you, most of the people here in Thailand (including some foreigners) do not buy ticket to watch tennis, we get it from all the sponsors or some people give us. Politicians, celebrities, people in the army and even some members here (not only Thais) always get VIP tickets. In Thailand you need to know "WHO". I always get upset when I see empty "reserved" VIP boxes but nobody is there and foreigners could get a "free" and "better" seat quite easily while people of the host country need to pay hugh money to see mini Safin. I don't get it. So no surprise there is no upcoming player from my country to replace Paradorn and people complain much about the ticketing.

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER

Last edited by Toppu : 07-30-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:57 PM   #21
country flag Via

thanks toppu, that's an amazing insight into the tournament. i think i understand a lot better now, and i share your frustration.

no i don't think i would want to see a little roddick even if he goes for cheap

hmm let's see.... if i got one of those newest first class seats (floating on a petal type) from thai airways, i would be treated like a VIP all the way from the air cabin to the tennis stadium, right? certainly not applicable to those flying on economy lol

anyway thanks to you and everyone here who have clarified things for me on this thread! unfortunately i have already given up the thought and i have booked my holidays in september to queensland but i'll keep it in mind and maybe another year.... i hope for all of you in thailand that the system will improve every year too, so that ordinary tennis fans in your country will get better opportunities with the tickets. after all, you are luckier than many others in asia, for having a world class tournament in the first place.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #22
country flag Super-Fabio

Super-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond repute

some players from the preliminary list:

Nadal, Ferrer, Lee, Becker, F.Lopez, Querrey, Mahut, Vliegen, Srichapan, T.Johansson, Delic
Super-Fabio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #23
country flag viczbaia

viczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond reputeviczbaia has a reputation beyond repute

Some great names on the list...really looking forward to meeting and watching these players in action^^
viczbaia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #24
country flag Super-Fabio

Super-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond reputeSuper-Fabio has a reputation beyond repute

first 10 names of the list, at the moment:

-Nadal
-Djokovic
-Haas
-Ferrer
-Karlovic
-Lee
-Becker
-Russell
-Llodra
-F.Lopez

The last player in the main draw now is Srichapan.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #25
country flag Super-Fabio

seems that Gasquet will play in Mumbai...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #26
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
thanks toppu, that's an amazing insight into the tournament. i think i understand a lot better now, and i share your frustration.

no i don't think i would want to see a little roddick even if he goes for cheap

hmm let's see.... if i got one of those newest first class seats (floating on a petal type) from thai airways, i would be treated like a VIP all the way from the air cabin to the tennis stadium, right? certainly not applicable to those flying on economy lol

anyway thanks to you and everyone here who have clarified things for me on this thread! unfortunately i have already given up the thought and i have booked my holidays in september to queensland but i'll keep it in mind and maybe another year.... i hope for all of you in thailand that the system will improve every year too, so that ordinary tennis fans in your country will get better opportunities with the tickets. after all, you are luckier than many others in asia, for having a world class tournament in the first place.
hmm list is not that great so far..

omg Via u have Andrew Hansen in your avatar!! he's such a legend!!!

Last edited by ~EMiLiTA~ : 08-13-2007 at 01:36 PM.
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #27
country flag Nedved Rosicky

Nedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond repute

Does full entry list come out?? if yes, can anyone post it, thanks, if not yet, i'll wait. thank you guys.
Nedved Rosicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #28
country flag pomnok

pomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Fabio View Post
first 10 names of the list, at the moment:

-Nadal
-Djokovic
-Haas
-Ferrer
-Karlovic
-Lee
-Becker
-Russell
-Llodra
-F.Lopez

The last player in the main draw now is Srichapan.
Srichaphan withdraw from this tournament for sure because he said that he won't play any tournament in this year to make sure his wrist injury become getting well certainly and he will start his first tournament in Australian open in next year (that time his real ranking may be slip down to 800 already)
pomnok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #29
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EMiLiTA~ View Post
hmm list is not that great so far..

omg Via u have Andrew Hansen in your avatar!! he's such a legend!!!
i'll post again to show you the avatar one more time he's the cutest chaser isn't he

anyway as long as nadal and djokovic are going, i think the tournament will be pretty happy! are you still planning to go?

llodra on the list is a good sign. if he's happy with bangkok maybe he'll convince a few more frenchies to join him next year
Old 08-14-2007, 04:39 AM   #30
country flag toproddick

toproddick is on a distinguished road

the field is getting weak.
world number 60 will be seeded here!! ahhh..
toproddick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote