do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others?

yes, and i'm not/no longer a fan 6 27.27%
yes, but i still support him 6 27.27%
well, a bit, but i'm a fan and i don't mind it that much 4 18.18%
no, i don't have a problem with it at all 6 27.27%
don't know, i don't care 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others?

instead of a few of us debating over it on every thread... why don't we just cast our votes and, if you like, give your opinion here?

the poll will be anonymous so no one is pressured to say one way or another, regardless of what i think, or what kezzi thinks, or anyone else!

ok let's go..........
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
country flag mejustme

mejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others?

I was a ball boy at the French Open and in oter tournaments where Arnaud was.
He was horrible, I hear many insults for nothing.
He already had problems with the French Open ball boys' boss.
mejustme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others?

great idea, Via, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejustme View Post
c'est dommage, mejustme!! thanks so much for posting your experiences with Arnaud, it's very interesting.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 AM   #4
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others

Quote:
what sort of insults did you hear from him, if i may ask? i can imagine it being worse than what's done in english lol... but i don't want to guess

and did he ever apologise to you or your mates, like i hear that he does sometimes?

and what sort of problems did he have with the ball boy boss? surely if arnaud wants to apologise to anyone, he will apologise to the boss first........

anyway i hope you and your mates by seeing how unpopular he has made himself with his poor behaviour, will never try to copy him when you are playing
Old 03-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
country flag mejustme

mejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond reputemejustme has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't really apologize...
Out of the court he is not at all like he is on the court.
He really thinks that ball boys are like his dogs,and that in all tournaments.
The insults that he said were no very nice, he said "tu serres à rien, tu es nul à chier" to another ball boys because he hasn't his towel.
mejustme is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #6
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The insults that he said were no very nice, he said "tu serres à rien, tu es nul à chier" to another ball boys because he hasn't his towel.
Oh là ça craint. C'est vraiment prendre les autres pour de la m...... . Et dire qu'il a aussi été ramasseur de balle !!!
Question: Does he have the same behaviour with the ball girls ?
He should get penalties for saying that, it's much worse that to insult the umpire or to throw his racket.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

You're very right about the warnings and the fines. Was he ever fined for being rude to the ballkids?
Even if he says this kind of things when the chair umpire can't hear him, aren't the other officials supposed to report verbal abuses according to the rules?
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #8
country flag Via

Default Re: do you have any problem with arnaud's on-court behaviour with ballkids and others

Quote:
Out of the court he is not at all like he is on the court.
He really thinks that ball boys are like his dogs,and that in all tournaments.
that sounds like something very rude... but i'll check with my french teacher..... not! lol

yes he would definitely cop some penalty if he said the same to an umpire, so... perhaps that's why the kids copped it instead, from him yeah that's why i keep saying that it's worse than insulting the umpire, not because i think kids are sweet innocent nothings that need to be protected, but because on a tennis court they do not have the power to fight back. anyone ever saw a ball kid refuses to take instructions??? being rude to players and officials?? lol they'll be ordered out of the court right away. it really is so low of him.... and to have made a reputation of consistently doing it too

(it's sad that tennis stars because of their status and crowd pulling attraction, can be allowed to get away with so much more than us mortals. i appreciate those who do not try to take advantage of their power, but unfortunately there are some who do.)

anyway i'd better stop wasting my time again with my ramblings... until tomorrow
Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

He is very arogant but that why I love him

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
anyway i'd better stop wasting my time again with my ramblings...
May I continue this mission?

When I noticed this thread’s title for the first time I have been rather surprised and not glad to see such thing at all. But after learning the objective of its creation I thought that, true, it’s much better to have a soul thread for discussions on this topic rather than debate over it again and again around the whole Forum. And if I were a moderator of this board I’d even move the rest of the certain posts from other threads in here because frankly I was quite annoyed and fed up going through Indian Wells discussion and see… nothing pleasant actually. But thanks everyone who’s explained their opinions over there, I got a lot of new facts

So thank you a lot, Via, for creating this thread and the poll! It still looks a bit unusual for me but I think I’ll get used to it soon. I guess this is the only Forum on this huge message board which has a thread to discuss, roughly speaking, how bad our boy can be and how much we hate him sometimes lol And after all, now there is at least one endless topic which can be discussed forever.

As you me, I think I’ve got my own opinion on this subject and now whatever bad I hear about Arnaud’s behaviour it won’t change it so much, unless I see some especially rude actions with my own eyes. And what I think is the next. Firstly, Arnaud is a tennis player and tennis is a mental game where a lot depends on psychology too. I’m not going to defend anyone but Arnaud is not only and not even the worst example, that’s a fact. Then of course it’s not so nice to go to some tournament and support a guy who behaves himself like higher mentioned examples say But first of all it’s a problem and a big bug of Arnaud himself, we all know normally he is not supposed to win matches being in such mood – and those losses touch him much more than us as I may suppose. And if he gives his excuses sometimes then he realizes that he shouldn’t behave himself that way – and you know often it’s not easy at all to approach a person you insulted and admit you were wrong. Finally, poor behaviour is the worst thing I’ve even heard about Arnaud, if it’s his worst habit, you know, it’s possible to live and handle with it…

So the only thing I want to say – and I guess I’d better indeed say it in one phrase and not wrote compositions here – is that I can somehow understand Arnaud (e.g. I’m absolutely not sure that if I were a tennis player I would be a nice and sweet one like Grosjean) and get him the way he is.

Quote:
Je regrette beaucoup ce qui s’est passé avec toi! But well, at least it was a great example of how a tennis player shouldn’t behave himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Et dire qu'il a aussi été ramasseur de balle !!!
Oui, c'est incroyable... Ou peut-être c’est là que se situe le problème et où gît le lièvre? Une vengeance? lol
Quote:
anyone ever saw a ball kid refuses to take instructions??? being rude to players and officials?? lol
Hmmm, maybe Arnaud should meet some nervous ball boy one day, what do you think? lol

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #11
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
May I continue this mission?

When I noticed this thread’s title for the first time I have been rather surprised and not glad to see such thing at all. But after learning the objective of its creation I thought that, true, it’s much better to have a soul thread for discussions on this topic rather than debate over it again and again around the whole Forum. And if I were a moderator of this board I’d even move the rest of the certain posts from other threads in here because frankly I was quite annoyed and fed up going through Indian Wells discussion and see… nothing pleasant actually. But thanks everyone who’s explained their opinions over there, I got a lot of new facts

So thank you a lot, Via, for creating this thread and the poll! It still looks a bit unusual for me but I think I’ll get used to it soon. I guess this is the only Forum on this huge message board which has a thread to discuss, roughly speaking, how bad our boy can be and how much we hate him sometimes lol And after all, now there is at least one endless topic which can be discussed forever.

As you me, I think I’ve got my own opinion on this subject and now whatever bad I hear about Arnaud’s behaviour it won’t change it so much, unless I see some especially rude actions with my own eyes. And what I think is the next. Firstly, Arnaud is a tennis player and tennis is a mental game where a lot depends on psychology too. I’m not going to defend anyone but Arnaud is not only and not even the worst example, that’s a fact. Then of course it’s not so nice to go to some tournament and support a guy who behaves himself like higher mentioned examples say But first of all it’s a problem and a big bug of Arnaud himself, we all know normally he is not supposed to win matches being in such mood – and those losses touch him much more than us as I may suppose. And if he gives his excuses sometimes then he realizes that he shouldn’t behave himself that way – and you know often it’s not easy at all to approach a person you insulted and admit you were wrong. Finally, poor behaviour is the worst thing I’ve even heard about Arnaud, if it’s his worst habit, you know, it’s possible to live and handle with it…

So the only thing I want to say – and I guess I’d better indeed say it in one phrase and not wrote compositions here – is that I can somehow understand Arnaud (e.g. I’m absolutely not sure that if I were a tennis player I would be a nice and sweet one like Grosjean) and get him the way he is.

Je regrette beaucoup ce qui s’est passé avec toi! But well, at least it was a great example of how a tennis player shouldn’t behave himself.

Oui, c'est incroyable... Ou peut-être c’est là que se situe le problème et où gît le lièvre? Une vengeance? lol

Hmmm, maybe Arnaud should meet some nervous ball boy one day, what do you think? lol
are you saying that because arnaud is not as bad as mcenroe & co, then relatively speaking, his rudeness is acceptable?

i can understand too why he's throwing temper tantrums, as it's obvious he's under pressure when playing a match that he has something to lose. i won't try to compare my own behaviour when i'm under pressure... though i don't think i'm the swearing type but the fact is, most players do not let steam off the helpers on the court. i'd rather watch safin break racquets, it's more fun!

anyway sorry to hear that you have been irritated with reading the indian wells discussion. so now, here's a thread on its own, and no one bored or irritated with the topic needs to come here! though if i read another forum with a thread about arnaud at indian wells, and there wasn't any much else discussed, but 'sorry he's lost !!!! good luck in miami !!!!!!' bla bla......... while glossing over his poor form and poor behaviour, then i would truly be logging off pretty soon

the fact is, let's face is, the way arnaud is playing now, it is boring and irritating to watch and to follow at least he was fighting hard, and apparently on better behaviour, when he was down and out of top 100 some time ago. and yes, this must be the only player forum on mtf, where fans like myself are bashing their own player right now lol

btw, for those who don't know, mcenroe was horrible with umpires, and accused of gamesmanship (holding up matches), but didn't direct his famous temper towards ball kids. and rios argued with umpires but only stared at everybody else. i find all that pretty irritating now, and of course mac was absurd. but shock! horror! there were still limits they wouldn't go to.

Last edited by Via : 03-19-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM   #12
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaster View Post
He is very arogant but that why I love him
great might as well admit you love bad boys! to each their own
Old 03-20-2007, 04:58 AM   #13
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
are you saying that because arnaud is not as bad as mcenroe & co, then relatively speaking, his rudeness is acceptable?

i can understand too why he's throwing temper tantrums, as it's obvious he's under pressure when playing a match that he has something to lose. i won't try to compare my own behaviour when i'm under pressure... though i don't think i'm the swearing type but the fact is, most players do not let steam off the helpers on the court. i'd rather watch safin break racquets, it's more fun!

anyway sorry to hear that you have been irritated with reading the indian wells discussion. so now, here's a thread on its own, and no one bored or irritated with the topic needs to come here! though if i read another forum with a thread about arnaud at indian wells, and there wasn't any much else discussed, but 'sorry he's lost !!!! good luck in miami !!!!!!' bla bla......... while glossing over his poor form and poor behaviour, then i would truly be logging off pretty soon

the fact is, let's face is, the way arnaud is playing now, it is boring and irritating to watch and to follow at least he was fighting hard, and apparently on better behaviour, when he was down and out of top 100 some time ago. and yes, this must be the only player forum on mtf, where fans like myself are bashing their own player right now lol

btw, for those who don't know, mcenroe was horrible with umpires, and accused of gamesmanship (holding up matches), but didn't direct his famous temper towards ball kids. and rios argued with umpires but only stared at everybody else. i find all that pretty irritating now, and of course mac was absurd. but shock! horror! there were still limits they wouldn't go to.
Sorry, but not really. I mentioned that he is not the only one who practises that sort of manners just to underline it’s not a unique but a rather often phenomenon is the tennis world.

So I’m also not tend to compare him to someone else. And everybody knows what I think about Safin lol Well, ok I’ll add that whatever happens with Arnaud at the moment I still deeply respect him; and that his come back after dropping out of Top 10 right to the bottom of rankings list to Top 150 is a special story which also could not leave without affect his tennis insight I think. And after all we have no imagination what really happens in his mind and in his personal life so I keep believing – maybe too naively though – that if he behaves himself like that then he’s most possibly supposed to have a reason for that.

Well, I have to admit that perhaps I was really a little bit bored with the topic. But I guess those are my own troubles so I bring my excuses too. Though as for such “bla bla bla”, I don’t offer to put on rose-coloured spectacles and look at Arnaud’s performances like that but there should be limits of everything. Don’t you think that discussions of this sort may show out some disrespect to an athlete? I haven’t heard that anyone once tried to speak Arnaud out all his/her thoughts about his relations to ball kids and other stuff. So why then it would be fine as a subject on a Player Forum?

But must say that I haven’t seen Arnaud playing since the last year’s DC so almost for a year now. May suppose that all those videos from the Web and all the pictures can’t bring all the reality of his game, so maybe that’s just my poor imagination which can’t work out how “boring and irritating it is to watch and to follow”.

Thanks for explaining the details about McEnroe I indeed didn’t know the whole thing about him. And also – please, don’t take me too seriously

Nicolas Devilder

Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 AM   #14
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Don’t you think that discussions of this sort may show out some disrespect to an athlete? I haven’t heard that anyone once tried to speak Arnaud out all his/her thoughts about his relations to ball kids and other stuff. So why then it would be fine as a subject on a Player Forum?
i'll respond to your above comment... as for the rest, really, to each her own... like i said, if fans like their boys slightly on the 'arrogant' side, who like to show off 'colours' and 'heat' on the court, while 'respect for young and old' does not mean much to them, lol there's nothing more that i can add.

as for whether discussing arnaud's on-court behaviour is a (dis)respectful subject on a player forum.... well when i get enough bad reps, and perhaps a complaint or two to the forum moderator, then i know it's time for me to stop! hopefully you aren't wanting to dare me to take this topic to the general forum, because if anyone replies over there, it may just be disastrous as far as arnaud's reputation is concerned..............

for now, the votes seem to say that there are more than half of arnaud's fans here who do think it is a problem for him. so i guess it implies the majority wants to see this discussion continues, if only occasionally on this particular thread. if anyone has arnaud's response to these accusations, i'd be the first to want to hear from him!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
country flag Hangdog

Quote:
really, to each her own...
I put my signature here! How boring the world would be if all the people had the same opinions.
Quote:
hopefully you aren't wanting to dare me to take this topic to the general forum, because if anyone replies over there, it may just be disastrous as far as arnaud's reputation is concerned..............
Ouch, God forbid!!
Quote:
if anyone has arnaud's response to these accusations, i'd be the first to want to hear from him!!!
Nah, what a pity I’m not going to Moscow next month

Nicolas Devilder