Please Help Democracy, tell Fox news to f**k off by singing this petition. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please Help Democracy, tell Fox news to f**k off by singing this petition.

Fox news is quite simply the single biggest, most biased news network in the United States and quite possibly on the top 5 list world wide.

Not only are they blatant in there bashing of the democrats, they will distort news to the point of ridicule. Just type in "Bill O Reilly" on Youtube or "Fox News" and you will see some highlights of what I am talking about.

Now for my petition from the Moveon.org website:

Hi,

I wanted to tell you about something pretty outrageous.

Fox News convinced the Democratic Party to let Fox host a nationally-televised Democratic presidential primary debate this summer in Nevada!

But Fox isn't even a legitimate news channel! It's a right-wing mouthpiece like Rush Limbaugh—dedicated to smearing Democrats. (Recently, Fox falsely claimed Sen. Barack Obama attended a terrorist school!)

There's a growing backlash of people demanding that Democrats drop Fox. Can you help out by signing this petition to the Democratic Party of Nevada? It's really easy—just click this link:

http://civic.moveon.org/foxdebate/?r...2-l51fh4&taf=1

Thanks!

Please take two minutes to do this and send a big "F you!" to Fox.

Last edited by Pfloyd : 03-04-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help Democracy, tell Fox news to f**k off by singing this petition.

Seems to me that you are against FOX because it does not follow your guidelines as to what should be reported. Typical left wing attitude, i.e., we are superior and should be able to decide what is permitted.
There is room for everyone, why are you proposing censorship? Afraid of opposing views?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help Democracy, tell Fox news to f**k off by singing this petition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Seems to me that you are against FOX because it does not follow your guidelines as to what should be reported. Typical left wing attitude, i.e., we are superior and should be able to decide what is permitted.
There is room for everyone, why are you proposing censorship? Afraid of opposing views?
Maybe because the media isn't suppossed to be biased.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rupert

Seriously, people don't have to watch Fox News and it's actually good watching and reading stuff from a different ideology than the one you support normally.

The more biased the media outlet is, the more irrelevant it is and becomes a big parody of itself.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
stop being blind, it is not democrat nor republican attitude to want an impartial channel, it is simply democratic and has nothing to see with one's guideline

"why are you proposing censorship" = that's what they are doing and what he is criticizing

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I am not afraid of opposing views, as a matter of fact, I am quite interested in learning about opposing views because then I can learn more about that they have to say about the issues and maybe, just maybe I could actually change my mind on certain issues.

What I am against is the intentional lying and distortion that goes into every single comment made about the democratic party and democrats in Fox News.
A big "reliable" modern day news outlet shoud'nt be like Fox. I know for a fact that CNN is not nearly as biased as Fox.

If you care about objective news, please sign this petition. Hey, It's something.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

how would that help democracy, democrac is suppose to be open to all sorts of ideas, right wing, left wing etc. And it doesnt come close in the top 5 most biased newstations in the world, it doesnt even crack the top 100, way too many state owned channels and blatantly unobjective channels in the world, just think of Asia, Africa and the middle east, I am sure you find 100 channels more biased than fox...

oh and I am not sure that fox news is news, like all news channels they have become just a bunch of opinion shows...

RON PAUL: Stop Dreaming

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Kazimierz Pulaski
zicofirol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
how would that help democracy, democrac is suppose to be open to all sorts of ideas, right wing, left wing etc. And it doesnt come close in the top 5 most biased newstations in the world, it doesnt even crack the top 100, way too many state owned channels and blatantly unobjective channels in the world, just think of Asia, Africa and the middle east, I am sure you find 100 channels more biased than fox...

oh and I am not sure that fox news is news, like all news channels they have become just a bunch of opinion shows...
I agree, News Channels should project all types of Ideologies for the sake of being democratic, but lying is a completley new thing. One can be objective and have programs in the show that project all types of Ideologies, all I'm proposing is to do something to limit the lying.

The people who watch new in the U.S, albeit a small number, should be given correct, factual information on presidential candidates and world events.

I have nothing against people showing and expressing there conservative views.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
country flag zicofirol

zicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond reputezicofirol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post

What I am against is the intentional lying and distortion that goes into every single comment made about the democratic party and democrats in Fox News.
A big "reliable" modern day news outlet shoud'nt be like Fox. I know for a fact that CNN is not nearly as biased as Fox.

If you care about objective news, please sign this petition. Hey, It's something.
well first off its a petition started by moveon.org, very biased itself...

And you sound as ridiculous as republicans who think cnn and msnbc are all biased against them, besides like I said its not news anymore its just opinion shows so those naturally will be biased, I dont watch any of the awfull news channels but I am sure they are not as " super incredibily biased" as you describe them to be, lol...

Kazimierz Pulaski
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
country flag zicofirol

Quote:
I agree, News Channels should project all types of Ideologies for the sake of being democratic, but lying is a completley new thing. One can be objective and have programs in the show that project all types of Ideologies, all I'm proposing is to do something to limit the lying.

The people who watch new in the U.S, albeit a small number, should be given correct, factual information on presidential candidates and world events.

I have nothing against people showing and expressing there conservative views.
how do they blatantly lie? I am sure if they did they would of been sued by democratic candidates for defamation, slander or libel, so how are they lying?

Kazimierz Pulaski
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
country flag Pfloyd

Don't talk without facts beacause otherwise you risk being wrong, you have watch the shows to see what they say. You can't just say, "oh, I'm sure they are not that biased" and expect to be correct without having watched any show.

As far as saying that CNN and MSNBC are biased, well I'd disagree. However, the criticims they do say about Bush and his cabinet are more than well grounded on facts and actual events.

I implore you, go to youtube and watch some of the "news" clips from Fox news, and compare them to the news clips of CNN and MSNBC and you will se what I'm talking about.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
country flag Pfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicofirol View Post
how do they blatantly lie? I am sure if they did they would of been sued by democratic candidates for defamation, slander or libel, so how are they lying?
They've had issue with many democrats before. If you read my original statement, you will see that they accused Obama of going to a muslim school, which was a blatant lie.

They've also said thay he has a name that rhymes with "Osama" and Barrack, according to them Rhymes with "Iraq". They've sent news reporters to talk to people that don't know about politcs and they've asked them, "Of what country do you think Barrack Obama is president? Nigeria, Iran or Senegal".

If this is not a slap in your face biased, disrespectful attack on a candidate, then I don't know what is...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
country flag zicofirol

Quote:
They've had issue with many democrats before. If you read my original statement, you will see that they accused Obama of going to a muslim school, which was a blatant lie.

They've also said thay he has a name that rhymes with "Osama" and Barrack, according to them Rhymes with "Iraq". They've sent news reporters to talk to people that don't know about politcs and they've asked them, "Of what country do you think Barrack Obama is president? Nigeria, Iran or Senegal".

If this is not a slap in your face biased, disrespectful attack on a candidate, then I don't know what is...
I am sure they corrected that mistake later, like I said they would of been sued by now if they would be blatantly lying about a candidate...

Its a waste of time to see news clips of opinion shows, opinions are naturally biased...

seems youre more infatuated with fox news than anyone who actually watches it...
youre also exaggerating about the lying, in a country where anyone can sue anyone for any reason I am sure foxnews would of been sued by now...

Oh and Fox news is not even American owned so...

Kazimierz Pulaski
Old 03-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #14
country flag Pfloyd

I'll post later some of the lying Fox News has done, and believe me, It is a looong list.

Fox News still hasn't apologized for the Obama incident.

Bill O' Reilly has twice argued with an army verteran and twice has used the same story about american troops beating the Nazi's and mistreating them in a German town, which name my memory is forgetting right now. It was in fact the Nazi's who beat the American's in that specific war, and it was the Nazi's who abused the Americans in that specific situation.

O' Reilly was caught once with that lie, and used it again. He has still to apologize.

I suppose haven't sued fox yet because they don't want to pay unnecesary attention to them.

But CNN and MSNBC do act as an occasional watchdog on Fox when the lying is extreme, like the time Heraldo River, a fox news reporter stated that he was near an important battlezone in Iraq and that he was filming the action live. In reality, Heraldo was many hundred Miles from the location he has stated he originaly was, and Keith Oberman of MSNBC caught him in that lie.

There are many, many more stories, believe me.

Last edited by Pfloyd : 03-06-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Pfloyd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #15
country flag zicofirol

Quote:

I suppose haven't sued fox yet because they don't want to pay unnecesary attention to them.

But CNN and MSNBC do act as an occasional watchdog on Fox when the lying is extreme, like the time Heraldo River, a fox news reporter stated that he was near an important battlezone in Iraq and that he was filming the action live. In reality, Heraldo was many hundred Miles from the location he has stated he originaly was, and Keith Oberman of MSNBC caught him in that lie.

There are many, many more stories, believe me.
I actually started laughing by the end of this post, really, CNN and msnbc have all been caught with inocrrect information, same with cbs, nbc, abc etc. it happens, is foxnews biased yes it is, like most news channels are, except fox news is biased toward the right so the biased moveon.org doesnt like it, and people eat up whatever moveon.org says... but if fox news was a biased to the left then you wouldnt hear a thing from moveon.org...

like I said if foxnews was blatantly lying and publishing false reports they woudl of been sued already...

and olberman is a clown just like oreilly is, the guy was an espn newscaster, he is a joke...

what do you say about cbs memo scandal? where you outraged at that? was moveon.org outraged at cbs for using forged documents with their story?

Kazimierz Pulaski