Scrap Round Robin - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scrap Round Robin

The ATP went to the round robin system for the fans, everyone on this board is a tennis fan and nobody seems to like the idea. I hope RR is gone next year, it is too confusing and mostly disliked by the players' as well. What are your guys' thoughts?

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Richard Gasquet.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
country flag krakenzero

krakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond reputekrakenzero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrap Round Robin

This is the best thing that could have happened. The "2nd chance for top players"'s idea causing the elimination of someone like Blake, who is also the vicepresident of the ATP players. De Villiers loses, Blake loses, RR is saying goodbye...
krakenzero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
country flag Shrinking Violet

Shrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond reputeShrinking Violet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrap Round Robin

A high profile American losing at an American event is the best way to end this. I feel bad for James (although it's kinda funny that he backed the idea and then got screwed by it ) but it's a necessary evil that a high profile player had to miss out. Rightly or wrongly - guys like JCF or Malisse or take your pick of the French guys complaining will not get taken as seriously as a guy like Blake getting screwed over with the system.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
gogogirl

gogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond reputegogogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tsk - Tsk - Tsk

Hey All,

I made it home from work at 4-1 - James leading - and them the balloon got popped.

Yes, James more or less said it was for the fans - but I also think - he said it was up to the fans to see if they liked it. Even at the Masters Cup - I was getting over the idea.

I think the sad part is that the player retired. But really there was no way they could have fixed that because some could have argued that James' opponent could have won the second set if he wasn't feeling poorly and/or he could have lost it 7-5. But stinks it does.

I think in totality - all of the players' input should be considered as it pertains to the future of RR. James will just have to get over it. He is 13-4 now - so not so bad for the beginning of the season.
gogogirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote