Suggestion for FITD - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #16
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestion for FITD

We also must take care that, if we are going to defend the points the next year, we must be able to defend the same tournament we are playing this year.
I'll give a example and it will be better to understand:
I played Dubai, Acapulco and Las Vegas this year and make 300pts in each one.
Next year, we (may) only choose one tournament per week and i choose Las Vegas 2008 and I make 300pts. I defended my 300pts but I lost 600pts because I was unable to play in Acapulco and Dubai.
I think it would be better to, starting from some week, we only choose one tournament ALREADY DURING THIS YEAR. and then, next year in the weeks that we played three tournaments, all players must be able to play all the three tournaments.
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #17
country flag FilipeMB

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaravilse View Post
I would like to suggest something about the points of each tournament...
For the real players tournaments like Dubai gives more points than tournaments like Buenos Aires because better players play Dubai and prices are higher... but for FITD I think that we should earn the same points for every ATP tournament, the same points for every MS and the same points for every GS
I agree totally. The points should be given by the position you make, not by the number of points. Or by a rate of the points will make like:
points made in tournaments played / tournaments played
It would make things more fair.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:47 PM   #18
country flag FilipeMB

Also, it would be good to the ranking be done with the 18 best results + ALL MS + ALL GS + TMC (if played by the person)

with or without the "rate thing" I said in the last person..
I can do the rankings, if you guys want to do
Old 02-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
country flag meninosantos

meninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeMB View Post
We also must take care that, if we are going to defend the points the next year, we must be able to defend the same tournament we are playing this year.
I'll give a example and it will be better to understand:
I played Dubai, Acapulco and Las Vegas this year and make 300pts in each one.
Next year, we (may) only choose one tournament per week and i choose Las Vegas 2008 and I make 300pts. I defended my 300pts but I lost 600pts because I was unable to play in Acapulco and Dubai.
I think it would be better to, starting from some week, we only choose one tournament ALREADY DURING THIS YEAR. and then, next year in the weeks that we played three tournaments, all players must be able to play all the three tournaments.
But if we alter that thing...And put only one tournament that doesn't affect...You will play one tournament but the rest of us play too...
And ther new players will only play one tournament...
meninosantos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #20
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I think the rankings should be exactly the same as the ATP and should be rewarded for doing well in the big events.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #21
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

How many weeks should the committment list be ahead of time? It might not be effective immediately, but it will be good to know down the track.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #22
country flag meninosantos

meninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
How many weeks should the committment list be ahead of time? It might not be effective immediately, but it will be good to know down the track.
we don't have commitments
meninosantos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #23
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Let me put my two cents in.

On wtaw we have tons more players and we can play all tournaments and there's no big problem with everyone playing all tournaments in one week and with scoring.
Changing the draw if a seed withdraws is allowed, because usually it means quite a big change in your entire prediction and all players can't wait until the last moment to make their predicitions so I see that as a fair solution.

Someone mentioned that only the better result gets counted, well then everyone would only playing in higher scoring tourneys, so that doesn't make sense.

This game works perfectly fine on wtaw just the way it is on mtf.
But of course if you find some ways to improve it than all the better.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #24
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeroddick126 View Post
1) Amount of Tournaments Played--> I think its best if we keep it to everyone can play as many tournaments a week, because if we just leave it open to everyone then people will most likely go for the strongest event. And I dont think it would be a problem if everyone who played would play all three events right?
I don't think there is a problem at this stage leaving it open for everyone to play all tournaments in a week, but as others have mentioned there is a problem with the rankings coming from all 3 tournaments in one week if some have played all 3 and others have only played 1 or 2.

This week I didn't have time to submit a draw for Las Vegas because frankly, the RR format confuses me so much that I couldn't work it out in time.

Also if play started while I was at work and I wasn't able to submit a draw just before play started then I would not want to put in a FITD for a tournament that I'm playing TT in because there is a fair chance that it might give away my TT picks to an opponent. (I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thinking that).

Anyway, so yeah I think it should only be the points from the event that you have gone best at that counts in the rankings.
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #25
country flag Frank Winkler

Frank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond repute

scoring points
one should not score points over and over again each round.
It overemphasizes the final picks.
let me clarify.
It should be the actual round points we earn.
for the winner if we pick the winner we should get the points for the winner only not also for semis qurters and second round for this player.
if we predicted the winner to reach the semis we should get the points for the semis only not the quraters as well.
Why?
This will make all predictions more important.
right now you can do well my simply picking the winner correctly and getting everything else wrong
The points earned should be the actually points the player actually earns for the highest position that we acurately predicted.
The actual round points earned actually by the acual players.
We receive only the points the player actually earned we predicted correctly.
clear as pea soup i am sure.
i can take more time and do it more slowly in the future.
Frank Winkler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #26
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

That's an interesting idea.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #27
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep you got the pea soup thing right. Sorry I can't get a grasp of what you are trying to say
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #28
country flag Frank Winkler

Frank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Winkler has a reputation beyond repute

The scoring in the fill in the draw game should be same as is done in the actual game.
for example if i predicted nieminen for round 3 and no further, (Adelaide tournament)
I should receive 40 points for the prediction on Nieminen in total.
I should not also receive 15 + 40=55
Why?
The present system makes it all important to pick the winner and making goods picks throughout matters little as long as you get the winner right.
Another example from adelaide
if you picked llorda as winner you should receive 175 points in total for that prediction not 175+120+75+40+15=425 as you are doing it presently
If we scored the round points the same as the players score them in actual fact.
it would be much more realistic.
it would reward all correct picks in realistic proportions
it would still give outstanding rewards for picking winners and finalists without totally making other smaller picks irralevant.
Frank Winkler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #29
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Winkler View Post
The scoring in the fill in the draw game should be same as is done in the actual game.
for example if i predicted nieminen for round 3 and no further, (Adelaide tournament)
I should receive 40 points for the prediction on Nieminen in total.
I should not also receive 15 + 40=55
Why?
The present system makes it all important to pick the winner and making goods picks throughout matters little as long as you get the winner right.
Another example from adelaide
if you picked llorda as winner you should receive 175 points in total for that prediction not 175+120+75+40+15=425 as you are doing it presently
If we scored the round points the same as the players score them in actual fact.
it would be much more realistic.
it would reward all correct picks in realistic proportions
it would still give outstanding rewards for picking winners and finalists without totally making other smaller picks irralevant.
I understand your point. But it would be very difficult for the managers to do it. They would have to take away all winner points after each round

But I don't know, let's hear other players opinions
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote