Come & cheer for Fab on the Tour - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #166
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come & cheer for Fab on the Tour

Good of Fabrice to pull of that win and start off the new year right. Fingers crossed he can send Donkey packing.

*edit*
Boo. Donkey beat the Fab 6-3 6-3

Piccies attached.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 01-07-2008 at 05:13 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #167
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Fabrice got his revenge for the USO loss and beat James Blake in straight sets 7-6(4) 6-2 in Sydney. No three-peat for James but well done to Fab.

I am disappointed that he did not wear his famous candy striped shirt, though. (see attached photos)

Santoro rolls back the years against Blake in Sydney
January 7, 2008

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- James Blake's attempt to win his third successive Sydney International ended Monday after just one match.

France's Fabrice Santoro beat the third-seeded American 7-6 (4), 6-2, taking a 5-0 lead in the second set before Blake came back to win a pair of games. Blake broke Santoro with the Frenchman serving for the match, but then lost it on his own service two games later.

Blake won the Sydney International in 2006 and 2007, beating Carlos Moya in last year's final. He was trying to become the first man since Australian John Bromwich in 1940 to win the title three times in a row.

Blake, who helped the United States win the Davis Cup in November over Russia, said he had some problems adjusting to the new plexicushion surface -- the same surface that will be used in Melbourne at the Australian Open.

"Maybe it was him, maybe it was the court, but it seemed so slow it was tough for me to put balls away," Blake said. "I think I got a bit ahead of myself."

Blake admitted to being a little sluggish after his late 2007 season due to the Davis Cup.

"I would have loved to have had a longer offseason, but I'll trade that for a Davis Cup win anytime," he said.
---------------

Found this interesting tidbit:
Quote:
35-year-old Frenchman Fabrice "The Magician" Santoro will break Andre Agassi's all-time record of appearing in 61 Grand Slam tournaments when he competes at the Australian Open in late January. "It's a great record to beat because it's Andre Agassi, who is one of the best tennis players ever," Santoro said. "I have a huge respect for him and this is the only record I'll ever take from him. It means I have been consistent at a high level for almost 20 years."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 01-07-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:54 AM   #168

Well so Fab lost in the 2nd Rd to Roger. I still think Fab is one of the most entertaining players to watch on Tour
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #169
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Well so Fab lost in the 2nd Rd to Roger. I still think Fab is one of the most entertaining players to watch on Tour
I agree, but today, there was nothing he could do. Roger simply too good, not allowing Fabrice to get into this match.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #170
Last dance, Andy

I never get tired of seeing Fabrice holding that ice pack to his head.

Mugs Tennis Forums
Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #171
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond reputeCat123 has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Fabrice!! You knocked out Max & Jamie, but I'll forgive you if you beat Blake!

jankotipsarevic. maratsafin. marcosbaghdatis. marioancic.
Cat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #172
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

In L'Equipe today:
Quote:
Santoro rate Federer

IL S’EN EST FALLU d’un point pour que Fabrice Santoro (50e) retrouve Roger Federer au troisième tour de Miami, quatorze mois après leur dernier affrontement, à l’Open d’Australie 2008.Mais son adversaire, l’Allemand Nicolas Kiefer (29e), joua cette fameuse balle de match (à 7-5, 6-5, 30-40) à la perfection : une deuxième balle longue et extrêmement kickée, boostée de surcroît par une saute de vent. « Bravo à lui, il a pris des risques, il en a été récompensé, a admis le Français. Le rebond a été inhabituel et je n’ai pas pu centrer mon retour. Mais je ne regrette rien : c’était dans l’esprit du jeu de tenter de prendre la balle tôt. » D’un calme olympien malgré les bourrasques, la malice de Santoro et le soutien sans faille du public au Français, Kiefer plaça alors un coup d’accélérateur et avala le tie-break qui suivit, puis le troisième set (5-7, 7-6, 6-2). C’est donc lui qui défiera demain l’ancien roi du monde.
Santoro quitte Miami rasséréné sur son niveau de jeu. Désireux de consacrer du temps à sa fille, il ne disputera qu’un challenger (à Johannesburg) avant de mettre le cap sur la terre battue et Roland-Garros à partir du 1er mai. Un tournoi qu’il préparera avec deux de ses coaches historiques. « Mon père et Laurent Raymond, explique-t-il. J’ai d’ailleurs décidé de disputer les derniers tournois du Grand Chelem de ma carrière avec les entraîneurs qui ont compté pour moi. À Wimbledon, ce sera Emmanuel Planque ; à l’US Open, Éric Deblicker. Ainsi, la boucle sera définitivement bouclée. »
Kiwi played a perfect point when Fabrice had MP at 7-5, 6-5, 30-40, a long 2nd serve with a lot of kick and there was a gust of wind which made the return unplayable for Fabrice. Fabrice: "Congrats, he took risks and was rewarded." He has no regret, he had to try to take the ball early. Kiwi kept his focus then despite the wind, Fabrice's tricks and a crowd totally supporting Fab and stepped on it to earn the right to face Federer in the next round.
But Fabrice leaves Miami reassured about his level of game. He wants to spend time with his daughter and will only play the Challenger of Johannesburg until May.
He will work again with two of his historic coaches to prepare Roland-Garros then: his father and Laurent Raymond. He's decided indeed to prepare his last Slams with the coaches who've played a big part in his career. In Wimbledon, it will be Emmanuel Planque. For the US Open, Deblicker.

It doesn't make sense at all to me he plays Johannesburg, it's during the week of Monte-Carlo! I found a bit weird he didn't enter Monte-Carlo for his last year on the tour, but I thought it means he will take a break at that time of the year.

Last edited by Truc : 03-28-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #173
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I looked up on his forum and it says indeed he plans to play only the Challengers of Johannesburg and Bordeaux before Roland-Garros:
http://forum.fabrice-santoro.fr/view...php?id=718&p=2
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #174
country flag Truc

His explanation for his decision to play the Challenger of Johannesburg rather than Monte-Carlo:
“I have played Monte Carlo nine times so there is nothing new. But SA is one country I have never been to and I really wanted to come here before I retired. I was supposed to come out for the South African Open but I was so tired after two really tough matches at the Australian Open that I had to withdraw. But when I saw Johannesburg on the calendar this week I decided to come. After this I will go on a safari.”
http://www.businessday.co.za/article...?ID=BD4A980762
Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #175
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like he's really enjoying his final season. I hope he wins Jo'burg challenger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
His explanation for his decision to play the Challenger of Johannesburg rather than Monte-Carlo:
“I have played Monte Carlo nine times so there is nothing new. But SA is one country I have never been to and I really wanted to come here before I retired. I was supposed to come out for the South African Open but I was so tired after two really tough matches at the Australian Open that I had to withdraw. But when I saw Johannesburg on the calendar this week I decided to come. After this I will go on a safari.”
http://www.businessday.co.za/article...?ID=BD4A980762

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #176
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He's in final against De Voest. No surprise

He is on the entry list for Kitzbuhel before RG
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #177
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

Fabrice won Jo'burg Challenger. Congrats!

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 AM   #178
country flag Bashak

Good Luck Fabrice in New Haven!