News and Articles about Janko - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #106
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News and Articles about Janko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Well - I am probably not the right person to discuss this, as you know me, and you also know my views on womens' tennis - I hate it and it bores my stupid However -the subject has been done to death on GM many times,-and I guess we all individuals, we all have our own personal opinions,and should be entitled to them,Janko included.

Also - I know it is not really my place to say anything - as I am not a Moderator here - Jess is on holiday right now, and probably not able to access the Internet until her return........ but perhaps it would be a good idea to draw a line under this whole subject now? Jelena and taejin were good enough to translate this for us as fans of Janko, and we are grateful to them. Of course Ana's fans, and those on WTA World are entitled to say what they think in their own Forums, but this is Janko's support thread for his fans, and I don't particularly like to see people coming here purely to trash him. Debate is fine but unpleasantness is best left on GM in my opinion anyway Time to move on

But it's AOK in your book for Janko to trash his fellow Olympic teammates? Even if they are just women?

You want DEBATE? OK why did Janko do it? Why put his fellow Olympic teammate under the pall of steroid use? It's like he's saying to the IOC loud and clear - `I'm from a very small country, Serbia and I'm in on the scuttlebutt. I can't come out and ACCUSE her of it but I know Anna uses steriods so you better check up on her'.

Janko's statements could also affect Anna's playing (was that the intention?) to put fear and doubt into Anna's mind? - `Do people think I'm using steriods? Will the IOC test me more often for steriods? Will I be under surveillance'?

This is serious. As you may know there is a huge investigation for steroids and other banned substances going on right now, especially on the eve of the Olympics.

So the question is WHY would Janko say these things? We all thought he was a great guy. Now there has been a 360 degree turn around.

And Dear Cat Lady - Puleeze don't intimate that I came here just to trash Janko. The fact is I come to the Serbian section of forum often, but I haven't seen the need to post much. Although I do post on General. Janko is the first Serb I have ever criticized. And only because he is doing a hatchet job on the best Serbian woman's player ever - Anna Ivanovic. In essence Janko is saying that if Jelena and Anna win Olympic medals, if they win Grand Slams, it means nothing. The question is why say those cruel, hurtful things? Is it jealousy? Was he paid to say that?

Last edited by sanshisan : 07-12-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spell
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #107
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

OK sanshisan - well I said before I don't really want to discuss this anymore. I've said how I feel, and if others want to continue the debate/discussion/argument that is up to them.

But for what it's worth, I don't believe any of the conspiacy theories at all. Why should he be paid to say these things? Who by and for what reason? And why should he want to make her nervous or uncomfortable playing, when as a fellow Serb, he should be pleased and proud of any medal she earned for their country? And I certainly don't believe he is jealous of Ana either........ as Leisel said earlier - why should he be jealous of her - she is no threat to him If jealousy was the spur, then why not mention a higher ranked ATP player like Federer or Nadal ,who have more points, more money and are a direct treat to him in competition. Why not even mention Novak who is the higher ranked and better know Serb player?

So -for me - no conspirary theories - nothing more than a guy being honest enough to say what he thinks. They asked him questions and he answered them - maybe he regrets his outspokenness now - I don't know. I personally think far more is being made of this than was meant at the time.This is my last post on the subject anyway - no point in repeating myself - I look forward to the final instalment when taejin returns.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #108
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesel View Post
I also find it very hard to believe that he said such a thing. Sounds like someone wants to give him a really bad name.

http://www.b92.net/zivot/licni_prost...?nav_id=306659
Old 07-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #109
country flag Liesel

Liesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshisan View Post
I read this article, I meant I find it very hard to believe he said this: I know there are some homosexual male players, but I try not to have any contact with them. And as for women, I know Mauresmo is a pervert."
Liesel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #110
country flag sanshisan

Women's tennis forum has a thread running over 400 posts on Janko's slandrous, sexist statements.

They are saying his position is typical of Serbian men. This is very bad PR for Serbia. TENNIS has been the one shining star, the one thing that has gotten Serbian people out of the international DUMPSTER. These beautiful,charismatic Serbian women have wowed the tennis world. And this pompous little mediocre MUG says they are not worthy, even openly implicating one as involved in illegal performance enhancing drugs.

What do you think if Roddick gave an interview on the EVE OF THE OLYMPICS saying that Venus Williams doesn't deserve anything for her wins but a `plane ticket home' and that she was invoved with steroids??? He would immediately be disciplined as `Tipsy' should be.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #111
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Women's tennis forum has a thread running over 400 posts on Janko's slandrous, sexist statements.

They are saying his position is typical of Serbian men. This is very bad PR for Serbia. TENNIS has been the one shining star, the one thing that has gotten Serbian people out of the international DUMPSTER. These beautiful,charismatic Serbian women have wowed the tennis world. And this pompous little mediocre MUG says they are not worthy, even openly implicating one as involved in illegal performance enhancing drugs.

What do you think if Roddick gave an interview on the EVE OF THE OLYMPICS saying that Venus Williams doesn't deserve anything for her wins but a `plane ticket home' and that she was invoved with steroids??? He would immediately be disciplined as `Tipsy' should be.
OK- I know I said I would not say any more on this subject - but FOR GOODNESS SAKE How many times do we have to say this - he does NOT say she is taking drugs Nor does he say she is involved in any way with steroids. Nor is it slander. So why are people blowing this so out of all proportion? If people want to rant on WTA World that is fair enough - let them rant - I honestly couldn't care less what they think. And if they want to say it is typical of Serbian men, then that is just a stupid generalisation and makes them no better than the man they are knocking with their over-reactions. But - PLEASE - as I've said before - this is MENS tennis forums and Janko's support thread, so can we get over this and move on? Everyone has had their say - some have agreed, and some have disagreed - until now it has been civil, -please can it remain so? Callng Janko a "pompous medicore mug" is more likely the kind of language and behaviour seen on GM - not on a Player Forum in support of that player. Thanks.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 07-12-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #112
country flag tennisfan444

tennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan444 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK- I know I said I would not say any more on this subject - but FOR GOODNESS SAKE How many times do we have to say this - he does NOT say she is taking drugs Nor does he say she is involved in any way with steroids. Nor is it slander. So why are people blowing this so out of all proportion? If people want to rant on WTA World that is fair enough - let them rant - I honestly couldn't care less what they think. And if they want to say it is typical of Serbian men, then that is just a stupid generalisation and makes them no better than the man they are knocking with their over-reactions. But - PLEASE - as I've said before - this is MENS tennis forums and Janko's support thread, so can we get over this and move on? Everyone has had their say - some have agreed, and some have disagreed - until now it has been civil, -please can it remain so? Callng Janko a "pompous medicore mug" is more likely the kind of language and behaviour seen on GM - not on a Player Forum in support of that player. Thanks.
Well said! I agree! This is Jankos forum where we support him. Its starting to sound like the forum of another one of my faves that I read but don't post in.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #113
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Having you over here is always a pleasure Paul my dear When are you next going to a tournament?
Thank you.

Well, I go to the futures event in Scotland where I'm hoping Haider-Maurer will be again in October.
Next main tourney will be next years Wimbledon I think. You likely to be there? We can all meet up again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesel View Post
I also find it very hard to believe that he said such a thing. Sounds like someone wants to give him a really bad name.
Yup, i mean he may have said it but i need proof!

As for sanshisan, you might want to just go away now. We all know he criticised women's tennis, we can live with that and don't find it sexist. The threads on wtaw say nothing about the homosexual quotes (well, people say he said them but typically have no evidence) which is what we do not believe him to have said. We also can understand that he didn't say anyone was taking drugs, perhaps you need to get a better grasp of English so you can understand .

BTW, you think Jankovic's beautiful????

You don't like Janko, so go away
Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #114
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Hi Paul Haven't really thought about next year's Wimby yet - only just got over the last one But it's quite close by, so I guess I'll be there a couple of times -will be nice to see you again I think Aleka is coming too Hope to go to Madrid before that though (in October)

Actually I think Jelena J is quite beautiful in her way

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 PM   #115
country flag teR

teR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond reputeteR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Aleka is coming too Hope to go to Madrid before that though (in October)
I am thinking to go to Madrid in October I expect that to see Janko there

Gaston Gaudio | Janko Tipsarevic | David Ferrer | Marcos Baghdatis | Novak Djokovic

~ puno srece, najbolji si, nikada ne sumnjaj u to. Gde god da si, uvek cu biti uz tebe ~
teR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #116
country flag Liesel

Liesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond reputeLiesel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post

As for sanshisan, you might want to just go away now. We all know he criticised women's tennis, we can live with that and don't find it sexist. The threads on wtaw say nothing about the homosexual quotes (well, people say he said them but typically have no evidence) which is what we do not believe him to have said. We also can understand that he didn't say anyone was taking drugs, perhaps you need to get a better grasp of English so you can understand .

You don't like Janko, so go away
Well said!!! this a Janko supporting thread, not a bash on Janko thread!! If you don't like him, don't visit the Janko section
Old 07-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #117
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond reputenjnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

I am withdrawing my support for Janko. If he had simply commented on the gamestyle of women's tennis, that is fair. But he took it a bit too far and his history of making even worse statements (which I was unaware of) has left me very disappointed.

Winner:2012 Madrid, 2011 Rome, 2009 Delray Beach, Montreal 2008 Toronto, 2007 New Haven, 2005 St. Petersburg

TT Singles Career High: 7
TT Doubles Career High: 4

Singles Winner: 2010 Bucharest, 2007 Indian Wells
Doubles Winner: 2012 San Jose, Queens (w/hallso) 2011 Los Angeles (w/hallso)
njnetswill is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #118
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Dear Cat Lady - Puleeze don't intimate that I came here just to trash Janko. The fact is I come to the Serbian section of forum often, but I haven't seen the need to post much. Although I do post on General.
Yup, you are the one who was making dumb nationalistic comments about Daniel Nestor on GM.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 PM   #119
country flag Liesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by teR View Post
I am thinking to go to Madrid in October I expect that to see Janko there
If you see Janko, can you take some nice pictures of him?? There are far too few pictures of Janko on the net!!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #120
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally1213 View Post
hey Taejin
Hope you don't mind me translating your English version into Chinese.
I'll post them on one of the biggest BBS in Taiwan.
Of course, no problem about that. This is continued where Jelena stopped:

Quote:
Q: You have four tattoos: first letters of your family members’ names, a cancer, a tribal, Dostoevsky "Beauty will save the world", and Schopenhauer’s quote on your back. Why those tattoos, why Dostoevsky? How much do you read anyway?

On my back I have a tattoo which means "genius", written in Japanese. Trust me when I say I have no idea why in Japanese... Every time when I go to have a tattoo, my friend who is tattooing me asks "Do you honestly think a Japanese would do a tattoo in Serbian language?" Every time I meet Japanese during tournaments I ask them to check whether I got "truck", "cow", or something like that written on my arm. During last couple of years I don't read so much, because it happened I was under the influence of Nietzsche’s books, who I like the most among writers, and getting into depressions on tournaments. I started asking to myself, a professional, like why do I need 2000 dollars if I win this match? Is it going to make me happy? Why do I need 20 pts on ATP list when we are all going to die someday? And some other questions like that, some dumb things... Thoughts no professional player should have. So I did cut a bit on reading such depressive books.
Lately I'm a total nut and in love with Warcraft game. I'm playing it all the time; my pupils are coming out, my eyes are bleeding, but I'm still playing! I don't see a thing; I wear glasses, but still playing.
"Beauty will save the world" is also in Japanese. I felt it awkward to write in Russian, somehow it just didn't feel right. The quote is a sentence which for me means the world around us and the way people are treating it. Taking the book as an example, where the main character for the idea the beauty will save the world treats it in a special way and dies in the end, reminds me of the way in which beauty will save the world, that is, my tattoo is an irony on the sentence and on the book. It also reminds me the beauty won't save the world the way the main character believed.

Q: Is it possible to preserve the beauty in these times when the money and business rule the sport? Do you have your own tennis philosophy?

It is enough to see the Djokovic-Nadal match (played before this interview, interviewer's remark), how those two guys, as money making machines are able to pull it out... I don't watch tennis, except when Djokovic is playing. I watched Federer-Nadal the other day and it really felt good - it was a masterful match. I never ever watch the TV, because it's an evil thing. I only watch a movie sometimes, or an important sports event, like Champion's League match. Being an individual, I'm complicated, and I do have a stupid head trip or two, but I don't like the influence TV has on people and surroundings, 99% of things is set up and fake. That's why sport to me is somehow pure, though today even sport is the purest. Tennis is becoming, same as other sports like football, basketball, and some other, purely physical thing. There is no more playing on a hunch, there is no such feeling anymore... Even Nadal is for three years No.2 in the world largely thanks to his physical abilities. As for me, it doesn't interfere with tennis. I'm young in a way, so I didn't have chance to see Borg, Willander or Lendl, but I was told it was ping-pong all day long, nobody having the nerve to really push it, nobody had the guts to come to the net. They slowed down the surfaces and now a prettier tennis is played. There are no more servers like Sampras, Ivanisevic and others, and there is no more situation where somebody pays 100 pounds on Wimbledon only to watch two hours of Ivanisevic's serving - and that's it. Anyway, there is still beauty in tennis. My tennis philosophy goes like this - fight for each ball so you're not upset after the match. I like to analyze very long and I observed that after every match a player loses, first emotion is disappointment. After which there are two ways. First is being upset when you see tomorrow the guy who beat you is warming up for the next match, and you know that in some moments you didn't perform 100% and behaved as a spoiled brat. The second one is that the disappointment is fading away and turns to nothingness because you know you couldn't have done more and you didn't turn out to be a schmuck, that is, you didn't hold yourself, so you are happy and satisfied when you come to the practice, because next Monday there will be another jerk on the other side of the net.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote