Janko!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
country flag OakleySports

OakleySports is on a distinguished road
Default Janko!!!

How about Janko, eh?!

Stoked that he's focused - and pumped that he'll get a chance to play his good friend Nole Djokovic on the big stage.

He's such an awesome personality - good guy and edgy as well. I think he's awesome for the sport. Thoughts?

Side note, as New York City was shutting down last Saturday as 'Hurricane Irene' approached - despite most of the city at a standstill, Janko and Women's Top 10 (going into the Quarterfinals too) Sam Stosur greeted adoring fans who came out in the horrible weather to the O Store in Times Square for a rockin' time.

Janko and Sam at Times Square
http://youtu.be/5SjraT65Kf8?hd=1
OakleySports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Janko!!!

I like Janko too but he gets a fair amount of crap thrown at him on this forum - some of it justified, some not. He retired in the Eastbourne final when he was down 3-5 in the third set and that was indeed classless. However I do like his charisma and his game is beautiful when he is on, particularly his backhand DTL. Wish him the best against Djokovic, and hopefully this time he will go out there with a killing intent even though they are friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times, October 2014
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I quite like jelena jankovic
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 AM   #4
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

he is hawt
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

he's the coolest looking player on the tour with his mad professor shades, sortof reminds me of arnaud clement in his heyday.

Janko

Arnaud
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #6
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to like someone that wears sunnies on court.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
he's the coolest looking player on the tour with his mad professor shades, sortof reminds me of arnaud clement in his heyday.

Janko

Arnaud
haha my favorite thing about him is the shades too, he rocks them and so rarely do tennis players wear them. actually having played tennis a lot myself I can say they sort of hurt visability as far as seeing the ball is concerned (ball is not caught as easily by the eyes). but def very cool looking

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Talking about wearing the glasses, most athletes who wear contacts have the laser surgery. Is that something that...

JANKO TIPSAREVIC: I tried contacts but it wasn't working for me because my eyes get red within five seconds. I tried to push through that phase, but it didn't work. I'm not a fan of laser eye surgery. I'm gonna keep wearing the glasses.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
country flag xelena

xelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond reputexelena has a reputation beyond repute

just the other day at his press conference Jankko said that he wears real specs cause he's myopic..
xelena is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

I like his shades and they make him look cool on court, but him as a person.................highly questionable.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

True. Janko is awesome.
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

My 2nd favourite player after Nole

He's great

nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post

He's great

12 seconds of gold thanks. JT is having a crazy good year. One could argue he's improved as much as Djokovic this year (career high improved from >30 to top 15 after US Open).
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
country flag nemanjam

nemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond reputenemanjam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post

He's great

He did better one against Berdych in DC SF last year but for some reason they removed it from yt
nemanjam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Janko is a great guy and good player, honest as they come and so hawt.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote