Italian Forum - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: A forum for the Italians?

Yes. 34 91.89%
No. 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #16
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
They are all chicos latinos and I expect them to be in the Chicos Latinos forum. They can keep Spadea though

BTW, IMHO Spaniards are Chicos Latinos too (and Italians and Portuguese too )

EDIT: ok, on topic. In my opinion, as long the Italian forum will be an active forum, they have the right to it. I think that should be the only condition to have a national or player´s forum.
It will be, I think The Cipolla thread will be kept up to date

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #17
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for moving this thread, Sjoukje

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers

Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #18
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 1000% in favor of it!
delsa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #19
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, IMHO Spaniards are Chicos Latinos too (and Italians and Portuguese too )
The Frenchies (minus the Bretons, the Picards and the Alsatians) and the Romanians are Chicos Latinos as well!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #20
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa View Post
The Frenchies (minus the Bretons, the Picards and the Alsatians) and the Romanians are Chicos Latinos as well!
lau is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #21
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

The word latino has different meanings in different places. The use that is given to the word in this forum, is the American one (USA). I personally, don't like it. The forum shoud be called "Chicos Latinoamericanos" or "Latin American players" or keep it like it is, and add the Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and Rumanian in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Just as, for example, an American of Irish descent is an Irish American and an American of Middle Eastern descent is a Middle Eastern American, an American of Latin American descent is a Latin American American. However, the word Latino has come to be used instead. It is perhaps borrowed from Spanish latino, shortened from latinoamericano.(wikt:latino, m-w)

Latino refers strictly to any American having Latin American background. Although people from Spain self-categorize as latinos in the Spanish language, that translates as "Latin", as the Spanish are one of the Latin peoples of Europe (along with the French, Italians, et al), not of Latin America. Though Latino is often taken to be a synonym with "Hispanic", the two terms are not actually identical.

Perhaps due mostly to the fact that "Latino" is generally recognized, incorrectly, by the average American as a synonym of "Hispanic", some Brazilian Americans (who are Portuguese speakers), when included under the Latino definition may or may not feel comfortable, but the latter seems to be the most common occurrence. Other non-Spanish speaking people originating from other Latin American countries may feel similarly due to the perceived negation of their language and diverse ethnic heritage by the generalization of the term.

On this topic, I would like an Italian forum if there are posters who would keep it busy. And it seems there are.

Last edited by Hendu : 02-21-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #22
country flag ljubicic_

ljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond reputeljubicic_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
The word latino has different meanings in different places. The use that is given to the word in this forum, is the American one (USA). I personally, don't like it. The forum shoud be called "Chicos Latinoamericanos" or "Latin American players" or keep it like it is, and add the Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and Rumanian in it.

On this topic, I would like an Italian forum if there are posters who would keep it busy. And it seems there are.
Everyone can write something in Wikipedia so it doesn't have to be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI96a6cTQg8
ljubicic_ is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 PM   #23
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

sorry

Well, I don´t like the term "Latino"..., I don´t even think it´s a word (in English I mean)...

I have no problem with the "Chicos Latinos" title, as it is in Spanish and it is something like "Latin Guys" in English, which are definitely NOT ONLY Latin American players

I do feel a little (just a little) uncomfortable with the apparent equivalence between chicos latinos and only Southamerican players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubicic_ View Post
In this case what´s written there is quite accurate. I guess WillyCañas didn´t want to type all that , I wouldn´t either

Last edited by lau : 02-21-2007 at 08:22 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #24
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm here everyday and I'll keep it busy for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #25
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubicic_ View Post
In this case, it is. Also that use of the word Latino, is spreading in some latin american countries... like Mexico.

Quote:
sorry

Well, I don´t like the term "Latino"..., I don´t even think it´s a word (in English I mean)...

I have no problem with the "Chicos Latinos" title, as it is in Spanish and it is something like "Latin Guys" in English, which are definitely NOT ONLY Latin American players

I do feel a little (just a little) uncomfortable with the apparent equivalence between chicos latinos and only Southamerican players.
yes, yes and yes. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
I'm here everyday and I'll keep it busy for sure
Give them the forum!!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Give them the forum!!!!!

I got nothing to do with it

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #27
country flag delsa

Let's finish with this OT. Actually i was wrong as well. For the Frenchies it's minus the Lorrains, Alsacians (Germanics), the Bretons (Celtics) and Créoles (from the DOM-TOMs). Not the Picards who are Latins since millenaries just like the Occitans, Arpitans, Normans, Poitevins-Saintongeais, Roussillonais Catalans, Corsicans and Basques from Iparralde.

Last edited by delsa : 02-21-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #28
country flag Hendu

Volandri, Starace, Seppi, Di Mauro, Luzzi, Sanguinetti, Bracciali... it would we good if they could be found in the same forum.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #29
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

Fognini and Bolelli too

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 AM   #30
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Volandri, Starace, Seppi, Di Mauro, Luzzi, Sanguinetti, Bracciali... it would we good if they could be found in the same forum.
Cipolla

Closed Thread