Donald Young - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 PM   #46
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donald Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Some interesting quotes from Davydenko:

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news...._id=7592&rfi=6

"He was hitting really well and was confident hitting winners and making no mistakes sometimes and hitting fast," Davydenko said. "It was hard for me. Sometimes I win easily from baseline and have control from baseline and sometimes I have no control."

"He had great volleys, he had very good touch in the volleys," Davydenko said. "It surprised me that he hit from both sides.

"He's the first American player (Davydenko played) to play both sides, play both forehand and backhand so good and make winners from forehand and backhand. I never saw (that) before."

"Roddick (does) not play so good from backhand," Davydenko said. "Blake plays forehand fast and makes winners from forehand but this guy makes good winners (from both sides)."

Really Nikolay? Are you sure you want to say that? Do you remember

an American tennis player who beat you two times by the name of

Andre Agassi? He was pretty fair off of both wings..........
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #47
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

I got around to watching the match in its entirety. Young dominated after the first set. It seemed that Guccione went to deuce in every service game. His serve-and-volley game was no match for Young's passing shots. Young even hit a fair number of return winners. When Guccione's first serve didn't go in, he was at a major disadvantage.

There were a few points that really got the crowd going in this one. On one point in the third set, Young returned an overhead smash that must have been four feet over his head back at Guccione with good velocity, which he proceeded to dump into the net. Guccione didn't hit the overhead as hard as he could have, but you wouldn't expect it to be returned. In the fourth set, Guccione hit an excellent volley out wide off of Young's return, but Young was able to track it down and hit a cross-court winner with a one-handed backhand. That was my favorite point. Then on the point before match point, Guccione hits a serve out wide to Young's forehand, Young gets it back down the line at Guccione's feet, Guccione hits a good half-volley to the other side of the court, Young retrieves it and hits a lob, Guccione hits a weak but well directed overhead back to the ad court, Young somehow tracks that down and hits a great shot down the line at Guccione's feet, Guccione does well to hit a short volley back to the deuce court, and Young sprints to the ball and hits a backhand winner into the open court. The crowd went nuts after that one.

Young seems to have a well-rounded game. When he's playing confidently, he can hurt you with both the forehand and the backhand. He has great speed, excellent touch at the net, and his serve is solid with the potential to be very good. He's fun to watch.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #48
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet withdrew with a viral infection. What a huge let down. I was so looking forward to watching that match.

So Young will get an easy 40 points and play the winner of the Andreev-Lopez match.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #49
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Donald Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Gasquet withdrew with a viral infection. What a huge let down. I was so looking forward to watching that match.

So Young will get an easy 40 points and play the winner of the Andreev-Lopez match.
75 points

if he beat Lopez or Andreev he play vs Big John or Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #50
country flag SHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
75 points

if he beat Lopez or Andreev he play vs Big John or Fed
I know, I meant an additional 40 points.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #51
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

If Lopez wins, this will be an excellent opportunity for Donald to get through the fourth round.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #52
country flag tae04

tae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond repute

When's the next event or Challenger that Donald is playing?
tae04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #53
country flag SHB

The Lubbock Challenger next week.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #54
country flag PalmOS

PalmOS is on a distinguished road
Default Donald Young pictures..

Anyone want to post some donald young pictures.. or any shirtless ones
PalmOS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #55
brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond reputebrickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Any updates on his schedule for the fall?
brickhousesupporter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 AM   #56
country flag SHB

He has entered the Tulsa and Sacramento challengers.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM   #57
country flag tae04

tae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond reputetae04 has a reputation beyond repute

He won his first round match in Lubbuck 7-6 6-4
tae04 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #58
country flag SHB

Young is into another Challenger final (Calabasas). This time he'll face Robert Kendrick, who knocked off Isner in a third set tiebreaker. With a loss he'll move up to about #120. With a win he'll move up to about #115. He's inching ever closer to direct acceptance into the Australian Open, and with four American Challengers yet to be played this year, I wouldn't bet against him getting there. He'll gain at least 38 points in Calabasas, which would leave him 56 points shy of #104 in the rankings. He only has 14 points to defend (in Louisville).
Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM   #59
country flag SHB

Kendrick won 3-6, 7-6(4), 6-4, so he'll have to accumulate about 70 points over the next four events to asssure himself a spot in the AO.

He's just a little experience away from being dominant on the Challenger level, it would seem.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #60
country flag Godiva

Godiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond reputeGodiva has a reputation beyond repute

Even better news, he's now officially listed at six feet tall. Whew!! for a second there I feared he was going to be stuck in the under 6" department. I feel a lot better now about his prospects as a pro.
Godiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote