Chucho get some match practice in Düsseldorf and winning is just a bonus - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #16
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style in Bs

Chucho plays Roitman today at the evening sesion, last match

About Palermo it was the neibourghood of Borges in the earlier decades of the XX Century and now it is divided in sections called with funny names: Pallermo-Hollywood, Palermo-Soho very busy with fashion designs and show business

http://www.palermohollywood.net/

Palermo-Chico and Palermo-Viejo were the oldest between them

If i can i will do a report of the match live.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style in Bs.As

Tough 1st set for Chucho, but he wasn't able to take it and Roitman was too good and won the second easily.

Chucho always struggles after a break, but with this shitty format he has another match against Hartfield.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #18
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style in Bs.As

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Tough 1st set for Chucho, but he wasn't able to take it and Roitman was too good and won the second easily.

Chucho always struggles after a break, but with this shitty format he has another match against Hartfield.
Chucho didn't even win a set... so he has to beat Hartfield in two and wait for Hartfield to also beat Roitman in two... but not too easily because el gato would make the quarterfinal.

Damn, I hate RR.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
Chucho didn't even win a set... so he has to beat Hartfield in two and wait for Hartfield to also beat Roitman in two... but not too easily because el gato would make the quarterfinal.

Damn, I hate RR.
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 1-1-1 in this group. It would come down to a loss of games, if that was the case.

Well all Chucho can do is his best and if he wins against Hartfield, then he has won a match, but he doesn't deserve to go through.

PS I have started a Sergio thread here in Chico Latinos, he deserves one.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #20
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 1-1-1 in this group. It would come down to a loss of games, if that was the case.

Well all Chucho can do is his best and if he wins against Hartfield, then he has won a match, but he doesn't deserve to go through.
Why do I need a PhD on Mathematics to follow a tournament???

If Roitman keeps playing like today, I don't see him losing to Hartfield.

PS. I watched an interview of Horna. He said he likes RR, but not this format, that is too complicated for the fans, but the one used in Chile...
Old 02-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #21
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style in Bs

Quote:

If Roitman keeps playing like today, I don't see him losing to Hartfield.

PS. I watched an interview of Horna. He said he likes RR, but not this format, that is too complicated for the fans, but the one used in Chile...
Yes, the RR format is a joke in whatever format and of course Lucho is going to like the one that got him success

Chucho playing Hartfield, well if he wins that is good enough for me and then he can go on to Acapulco and then build up some momentum there. It's a risky strategy what Orsanic and Chucho are doing, but I understand it.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-20-2007, 02:39 AM   #22
country flag Hendu

Quote:
Yes, the RR format is a joke in whatever format and of course Lucho is going to like the one that got him success

Chucho playing Hartfield, well if he wins that is good enough for me and then he can go on to Acapulco and then build up some momentum there. It's a risky strategy what Orsanic and Chucho are doing, but I understand it.
whats the strategy?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #23
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
whats the strategy?
They are playing less tournaments than usual.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 AM   #24
country flag Hendu

Quote:
They are playing less tournaments than usual.
well, we will see how that works in the long term.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #25
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This is from Willy Canas and thanks very much for this.

Acasuso was playing well in the first set, but Roitman was fighting to keep up with that level of play. Roitman won a couple of key points and won the first set. After that, Chucho was very mad at himself and started playing poorly while Roitman gained confidence and played much better.

This is the biggest win for Roitman, in his whole career.

It was a good match.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-20-2007, 07:44 AM   #26
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report, to both of you.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 AM   #27
country flag maria87

maria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond reputemaria87 has a reputation beyond repute

Report Agree with WillyCañas report. Chucho was playing well the first set with conviciton and being focus as i said in the report live, good shots from both forehand and backhands on the line. Eventhoug RR was serving a little bit better than him and that's made a difference. RR also used a lot of drop shots to make him run. Sometimes he did was effectiv, sometimes Chucho coudl return. It was a good match in the first set.
Chucho lost completely focus and self-control in second set. He threw the raquet 3 times in a row till he coudl go to change it, he made a lot of errors and walked away from court very frustrated i never have seen Chucho so frustrated, he reminded me Marat more than ever. Since 2001 he is not progressing so far in Buenos Aires, I wonder why.

He is not doing well lately: he lost in AO first round, he didn't play well in Davis Cup, he played very bad second set yesterday in Buenos Aires. I wonder what is going on.
He lost 7-6, 6-1. I hate Round Robin too.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Roitman was very good in this match and Chucho played very well in his singles in Davis Cup, it's a long season and Chucho needs to be better in the big events.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #29
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody for the information. I can´t watch the matches these days so I really appreciate it

Quote:
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #30
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lau View Post
Thanks everybody for the information. I can´t watch the matches these days so I really appreciate it
Yes, it's appreciated and I have started threads for Roitman and Vassallo Arguello they need love to

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1