NEWS - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:02 AM   #46
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEWS

Muchacha, please check your PM....
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2004, 11:18 AM   #47
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Here is another article about David's withdrawal from Davis Cup, - it is from a Cordoban newspaper and their site is at www.intervoz.com

Yesterday, just two days before taking the plane to Bielorrusia, where the national team will play in the quarter finals of the Davis Cup, the player was removed from the team by the captain, Gustavo Luza. Nalbandian, injured his ankle in February against Morocco, and was given a medical check-up by the Davis Cup Team medical body of the Argentina Tenn Federation, headed by Javier Maquirriain. The diagnosis of his injury is a syndrome of later friction of the right ankle, and has forced him to be out of the game for the past two months.

David's brother Javier, who is a member of his Team, says that it is the last part of the recovery. He says the ligament and bone and cured and only the joint is left inflamed. They need to wait another 10 days for this recovery to be complete. "The recovery of such an injury as this takes two to six months, and David was cured in the minimum term", added Javier. According to a member of the Argentine Federation's Medical team, the injury has become complicated by an inflammation of the joint that gives a different pain to the original one that was caused by the initial tendinitis. The recommendation is clear, - to do one week or 10 days rest and rehabilitation.

Having retired from Indian Wells and Miami, David had returned to training but the injury became inflamed again and did not finish recovering

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #48
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

There you go Rosie, you got your wish, this is for the best. He just needs to be healthy and not rush any comeback attempts, plus think of other ways of how to improve his game when he recovers.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #49
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
There you go Rosie, you got your wish, this is for the best. He just needs to be healthy and not rush any comeback attempts, plus think of other ways of how to improve his game when he recovers.
Well yes George, agreed, I didn't want him to play Davis Cup and I am quite relieved, - but as far as I can see, it seems quite unlikely he will be ready for Monte Carlo either and I definately DIDN'T want that Eduardo said they would TRY for MC - but nothing definate.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #50
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

02/04/04

It's a Different Pain
Diego Rivas. Kinesiólogo de la Davis/Olé

This injury that Nalbandian is suffering is an inflammation of the
articulation of the right ankle, the tendonitis that he had had in
the beginning of the year hasn't gotten worse. This pain is different
from the other, it's very minor. The problem is that he has liquid in
the articulation and can't play. The recommendation is to rest one
web or 10 days, so then he can start a good rehab and start playing
again with everything alright, without any discomfort from any of
those two injuries. Since he hadn't played in a while, David tried
in the practices to see if he could make it. But since it swollen a
little, he had to withdraw from the Davis.

The Coach's Opinion
Eduardo Infantino
Entrenador de David

"The first injury is healed, but unfortunately he won't be able to be
there because of the inflammation. He won't be able to get there in
shape to play a match".

David will continue working in the physical part in Cordoba, and when
he's alright, he'll start playing again. We'll try to get him back
for Montecarlo".
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #51
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I was sad at first, but I'm relieved now. We knew he wasn't gonna make it, so now he'll rest enough to be back in shape.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:59 PM   #52
country flag jazz_girl

Well guys, it's official now. Juan Monaco will replace David.
I've never would have thought Monaco was gonna be the one, but I love that decision!
Chela has some family problems and Cañas a knee injury, that's why they're not going. Apparently Zabaleta nor Gaudio were asked.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #53
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, jazz, for the information.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #54
country flag jazz_girl

You're welcome sigma!
Old 04-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #55
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

I feel like pm'ing pam and seb, and see what they think of THIS match....
Old 04-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #56
country flag jazz_girl

LMAO!!!
I'm still stunned, I didn't think he was gonna make it but he did it!
Old 04-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #57
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the info, Jazz_girl.

Btw....good idea to create this thread, these are times in which we really need those "news".

Btw, it's nice to see ya back
Old 04-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #58
country flag jazz_girl

Yes, unfourtunatly there are a lot of (bad) news lately...
Old 04-02-2004, 11:55 PM   #59
country flag Ma. Estefania

Ma. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond reputeMa. Estefania has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah, that's the bad part of it.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:33 AM   #60
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

No Davis Cup Just get well, and soon, if you can, David. This Miami tournement has been a pretty bad 1 with the absence of David and Ferrero, and Federer losing early , Andre being upset . I just hope Coria can beat Roddick in the finals of Miami. Nice contrast of styles. The Wizard vs. the ugly ball bashing orc.( I'm reading LOTR, so in case youre wondering thats where i'm getting these analigies. Coria trully does have a magical game though, so i think i'm correct there) Hopefully he can also pull Argentina to DC Victory. But i have full confidence going into the clay season, since all my favorites can actually play on the surface, and in confidence that Andy will once more struggle on clay, losing, and not gaining any points. Hopefully when he comes back from his injury that he will also have gained that dominating Aus Open form. If he does, i expect his ranking to skyrocket.

Last edited by Fedex : 04-03-2004 at 02:37 AM.
Fedex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote