NEWS - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #31
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEWS

La Nación hasn't confirmed anything yet, and Olé or Clarin haven't say anything at all, so I don't know, if there were so many rumors I think those two newspaper would have said something by now, but I don't know. Anything can happen and I wouldn't be surprised if David withdraws...
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 11:08 AM   #32
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither. I just notice, though, the timing of both La Nacion and Clarin. Conflicting reports. Who knows who to believe.
I just think that there's something else wrong, and no one is telling. Imagine the "alarm" level if what was really wrong was revealed-the sponsors, the fans, etc. I don't think anyone wants to risk it.....
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:32 PM   #33
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
Me neither. I just notice, though, the timing of both La Nacion and Clarin. Conflicting reports. Who knows who to believe.
I just think that there's something else wrong, and no one is telling. Imagine the "alarm" level if what was really wrong was revealed-the sponsors, the fans, etc. I don't think anyone wants to risk it.....
Well I think the "alarm" level is worse among fans etc because they're NOT telling us anything. I admit it does seem a little strange, but when you look around at other players who have had long-term injuries (Safin last year for example), they never kept things so secretive then, and Safin had a much higher profile than David, - so I think they are just being careful and it's taking a long while to heal as opposed to anything more sinister. David already said the other week that it was better to take a few weeks longer and be sure rather that come back too soon an aggravate things so guess that's what they're doing.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:33 PM   #34
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that's true...
Old 04-01-2004, 12:50 PM   #35
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

rosie i agree, so we just have to wait, till we hear some more news..
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:27 PM   #36
country flag jazz_girl

I have a bad feeling, I'm not sure I wanna hear more news about it...
Old 04-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #37
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bad feeling too, Jazz. Please check your PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #38
country flag jazz_girl

Well, Muchacha just gave a link, I'll translate the article in a few minutes but it's official. David won't go to play in Minsk
Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 PM   #39
country flag jazz_girl

01/04/04

David Nalbandian won’t say present
ESPN
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=222779
BUENOS AIRES (AAT) – Gustavo Luza, DC’s captain, informed that the player David Nalbandian won’t be able to be part of the team that will go to Minsk to play for the 2004 QF against Belarus, because he hasn’t recovered from his ankle injury.

Nalbandian was in Buenos Aires today, he didn’t train and was tested in the CeNard by the DC medical team of the AAT headed by Dr. Javier Maquirriain. The diagnosis was: syndrome of friction on the back of the right ankle. He has a board (don’t know the actual word for it) to immobilize that part.

Thanks to Muchacha for the link
Old 04-01-2004, 11:36 PM   #40
country flag jazz_girl

Apparently he will be replaced by Calleri for the singles, and now they'll choose who will play with Arnold in the doubles...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #41
country flag Muchacha_83

Muchacha_83 is on a distinguished road

You're welcome ... thank you for the translation !! and for all the news that you put here you're just the best

godd luck also to Coria, moya and ferrero!
Muchacha_83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:49 PM   #42
country flag wilson4

wilson4 is on a distinguished road

not always good news re: naldos ankle but thanks for keeping the updates !! your very up to date
wilson4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #43
country flag jazz_girl

You're welcome, but I'm sick of posting bad news...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #44
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
01/04/04

David Nalbandian won’t say present
ESPN
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=222779
BUENOS AIRES (AAT) – Gustavo Luza, DC’s captain, informed that the player David Nalbandian won’t be able to be part of the team that will go to Minsk to play for the 2004 QF against Belarus, because he hasn’t recovered from his ankle injury.

Nalbandian was in Buenos Aires today, he didn’t train and was tested in the CeNard by the DC medical team of the AAT headed by Dr. Javier Maquirriain. The diagnosis was: syndrome of friction on the back of the right ankle. He has a board (don’t know the actual word for it) to immobilize that part.

Thanks to Muchacha for the link

I think he has posterior friction of the ankle, and they may have taped it or put a brace on it to reduce swelling....
Old 04-01-2004, 11:59 PM   #45
country flag jazz_girl

I think brace is the word for it.