NEWS - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEWS

Thanks for posting that Jazz_Girl, - let's keep our fingers crossed that he is fully fit - not just for Davis Cup but for the rest of the 2004 season

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #17
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutly!!!
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:23 AM   #18
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

i hope his stubborness 4 playing DC won't affect his physical condition and he won't aggravate his injury. that's all I'm worrying about
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:12 AM   #19
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Iza - I am worried about that too - really worried - I'm just keeping my fingers crossed until after Davis Cup that he is still fit and well enough to play through the clay-court season and get some points before it is too late.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 03-31-2004, 07:49 AM   #20
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

well this is not really David news but he told his opinion about the Calleri match.. guess that it also says something about him..

David:
I always say that to win from Agassi, in the situation like this is, it is very important, and even more in a Masters Series. Hopefully that Calleri can take advantage of it to continue advancing in the tournament. The sensation that it has when he faces a player as much trajectory is that this gives you much more experience and to win from him gives you an extra confidence that hopefully Agustín knows to capitalize.

On the other hand, he knows now that he can win from him and anyone, and that if follows thus until he has chances to remain with the match. Clear that it is not easy to predict what is going to happen in the following matches. Any thing can pass you. Often they play very motivated, they win and they follow, and others cannot maintain that level and lose against a rival of smaller hierarchy. I, for the next match, see that Calleri does well. As much with Spadea or Srichaphan it will be hard, although in both cases they are going to play fast points and that is what he likes. He has a chance. What I hope is that the confidence that Agustín has now, is transferred to the Davis Cup, against Belarus. We will need it!
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:52 AM   #21
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for posting that - any news mentioning his name is better than none

Old 04-01-2004, 08:06 AM   #22
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian, in doubt for Davis
La Nacion April 1 2004

Last night, several rumors circulated around the presence of David Nalbandian in match with Belarús, by the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup, who will dispute hisself as of next Friday in Minsk. The Cordovan will be put today under a medical revision in Buenos Aires, by doctor Javier Maquirriain, person in charge of that area in the national equipment, after which he will determine himself what the state is of the tendinitis in the right ankle that drags from the match against Morocco, between the 6 and the 8 of February.

Even though the surroundings of N° 9 of the Ranking of Access preferred silence, the doubts grow because the Cordovan only disputed an encounter from Agadir to now. Other News, it extended yesterday that Jorge Trevisan, ex- physical trainer of Coria, will add itself to the work group of Nalbandian.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #23
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Just my opinion (and won't be a popular one I know), but personally I sincerely hope he withdraws from DC if not 100% fit and prepares himself a little longer for the clay-court season. His health and chances of points for the rest of the year are far more important than one Davis Cup match, I just want him to come back fit and well - I miss him so much

Old 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #24
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, Rosie. As much as DC is important, his health is much more important. And I'm sure Argentina could win their tie even without David, especially considering Calleri's perfomance this week. It'll be a shame if David play DC and hurt himself even more, and then won't be able to play for a long time.
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #25
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, right now I don't care about the DC nor his ranking, this is worrying me, he's been having that injury for a really long time, it's insane, what the hell is going on???
Old 04-01-2004, 10:15 AM   #26
country flag bovenbuuf

well the healing proces is going really slow... he needs his points, he is training on clay so hopefully he will be alright for the clayseason, and maybe that is the reason why he maybe isn't going to participate, after DC there is the clay so maybe he won't risk his ackle for just 2 matches on carpet...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #27
country flag jazz_girl

It makes sense, I think he was gonna start training in a hard surface two days ago, and he discovered he's not ready for that yet...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #28
country flag jazz_girl

01/04/04
To the Davis
El Diario de Paraná
http://www.eldiariodeparana.com.ar/t...p.asp?id=42553
The Captain Gustavo Luza and the player David Nalbandian will start the training for the DC match today, preparing to face Belarus between April 9-11 in Minsk for the QF.
Tomorrow Lucas Arnold is expected to join them, while Guillermo Coria and Agustin Calleri, will join the team once they finish their participation in the TMS Miami.
The match between Belarussians and Argentines will be on a carpet surface (ultra fast” in the Football Manege Stadium.
The Belarussian captain, Sergei Teterin, called Max Mirnyi, Vladimir Voltchkiv-they’ll play all the point if they’re up to physically-Alexander Shvec and Andrei Karatchenia. The winner of the series will face the winner of the match that will be played in Delray Beach, between the USA and Switzerland; if Argentina beats Belarus, in both cases will be local.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #29
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Jazz, the news is rather inconsistent. I wonder whom we would need to rely on for more accurate news. It seems to me that La Nacion's people are not keeping up to date, and worrying fans unnecessarily about his condition.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:00 AM   #30
country flag bovenbuuf

thanks for the translation, this sounds a little bit better than what i found today.. but well it still doesn't say much..we jut have to wait..