Chucho get some match practice in Düsseldorf and winning is just a bonus - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chucho get some match practice in Düsseldorf and winning is just a bonus

Chucho returns back to the circuit and will play his home event, where he first made an impact on the tour.

Yes, it's the shitty RR format, but hopefully he can do well here and build up for the clay season in Europe.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 05-20-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2007, 06:28 AM   #2
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misionero living in Palermo and strutting his stuff in Buenos Aires

Palermo is a neiborhood in Buenos Aires.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club is located in Palermo.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone seems to live in Palermo.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
If by everyone you mean tennis players, its reasonable.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and Vilas Club (two of the places where most of the players train) are in Palermo. Its an expensive neiborhood with beautiful gardens (the biggest in Bs. As.) and artificial lakes.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:39 AM   #5
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
If by everyone you mean tennis players, its reasonable.

The Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and Vilas Club (two of the places where most of the players train) are in Palermo. Its an expensive neiborhood with beautiful gardens (the biggest in Bs. As.) and artificial lakes.
How many days of the tournament are you going to?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
country flag Hendu

Quote:
How many days of the tournament are you going to?
Don't know yet, in fact I don't know if I am going this year. I have to solve some issues related to work first.

Here is a picture of a part of Palermo, the courts of the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club and also some of the courts of the Vilas Club.

Last edited by Hendu : 02-17-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I lived there for years It´s one of the biggest, if not the biggest, neighbourhood. It´s not cheap, but it has its expensive and cheap parts. Chucho lives is an (expensive) zone that is usually compared to NY´s Soho (far from it obviously), btw.
Nice thread title
The best luck to Chucho. Time to play some clay matches, get back the points lost in Viña´s week and play infront of your home crowd.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style

Palermo seems the place to be in Buenos Aires and thanks for the screen shot Willy. Big parklands, airport and as usual the wide streets.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style

I stumbled upon this wikipedia article some time ago when trying to explain Palermo to a friend
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palermo%2C_Buenos_Aires
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
country flag anna10

anna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond reputeanna10 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a nice spot, thanks for the info, Willy and Lau.

Good luck to Chucho, time to start getting back on track on the clay. I believe semis and finals are being broadcast here, so have selfish reasons as well for hoping he goes far here.
anna10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is the draw for Bs As and Chucho has Roitman and the winner of Hartfield and qualifier.

Main draw elimination:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/506/mde.pdf

MONTANES, Albert ESP vs. Qualifier=ME1
STARACE, Potito ITA vs. (WC) ZABALETA, Mariano ARG=ME2
DI MAURO, Alessio ITA vs. Qualifier-ME3
VANEK, Jiri CZE vs. ANDREEV, Igor RUS=ME4
DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA vs. Qualifier=ME5
(SE) CANAS, Guillermo ARG vs. (WC) GUZMAN, Juan-Pablo ARG=ME6
(WC) HARTFIELD, Diego ARG vs. Qualifier=ME7
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE vs. (SE) SARETTA, Flavio BRA=ME8

Main draw singles:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2007/506/mds.pdf

Group 1:
(1) NALBANDIAN, David (ARG)
HORNA, Luis (PER)
ME6

Group 2:
(5) MOYA, Carlos (ESP)
MONACO, Juan (ARG)
ME2

Group 3:
(4) ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP)
VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin (ARG)
ME1

Group 4:
(7) CHELA, Juan Ignacio (ARG)
MARTIN, Alberto (ESP)
ME4

Group 5:
(6) GAUDIO, Gaston (ARG)
RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben (ESP)
ME3

Group 6:
(3) CALLERI, Agustin (ARG)
MASSU, Nicolas (CHI)
ME8

Group 7:
(8) ACASUSO, Jose (ARG)
ROITMAN, Sergio (ARG)
ME7

Group 8:
(2) FERRERO, Juan Carlos (ESP)
LAPENTTI, Nicolas (ECU)
ME5

Finals Round:

Winner Group 1 vs. Winner Group 2

Winner Group 3 vs. Winner Group 4

Winner Group 5 vs. Winner Group 6

Winner Group 7 vs. Winner Group 8

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #12
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Chucho!!
Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
country flag lau

Geeeez.... that draw...., RR pisses me off...

You´re welcome anna, thanks George.... and Choupi

Old 02-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #14
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Misionero living in barrio Palermo and time to give to them misionero style

I never like RR too!
Chucho should win the first match,go!

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Not an easy match first up and hope Chucho can take out Roitman.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1