Standing on the Baseline this Spring (Spring indoor/HC thread!)!! - Page 201 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #3001
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Standing on the Baseline this Spring (Spring indoor/HC thread!)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laure xxx View Post
Novak Djokovic wants Andy's ranking.
and he might get it, i hope Andy wants more than he does
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #3002
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Fox View Post
Actually from what I can see, there's really only been two youngsters showing any type of consistency so far this year: Novak and Murray.
Isn't 2 + the top players enought to trouble andy?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #3003
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blosson View Post
Isn't 2 + the top players enought to trouble andy?
Well don't you mean 1 considering that Novak is a top tenner as well?

So there are people that can trouble Andy. That's always been true ever since he turned pro. There's only one time during Andy's career where it seemed like no one could touch him(not even Federer) and that was the summer of 03.

I prefer it that way though. Hell Andy himself said that he can't always pray for Roger to lose early, cause that's a rarity, despite what happened this month. I much rather him figure out those tough guys anyway than have it easy.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #3004
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I like Nole (and I do) we have to see how the rest of the year goes and how he deals with being the new mini Federer. They did the same thing with Gasquet. He's still young and makes a lot of mistakes, and lets pressure get to him on some points. His fitness isn't the best. There's a lot of variables in there.

If anyone is going to take number three it's going to be in the next few weeks and then it's going right back to Andy when the clay is done
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #3005
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaLoves View Post
As much as I like Nole (and I do) we have to see how the rest of the year goes and how he deals with being the new mini Federer. They did the same thing with Gasquet. He's still young and makes a lot of mistakes, and lets pressure get to him on some points. His fitness isn't the best. There's a lot of variables in there.

If anyone is going to take number three it's going to be in the next few weeks and then it's going right back to Andy when the clay is done
I think Novak is much better than Richard.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #3006
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Especially mentally. Maybe not in raw talent, but mental stuff is what, at least half the battle? Novak is a (sometimes overly so) confident warrior-type, which is the type that champions are. Richard simply isn't, not yet anyway. Novak may get tight sometimes, but he's young and that's to be expected. But he doesn't go on complete mental walkabouts and loses sets 0-6 and stuff.

That said, it will be interesting to see how he handles it. It's easy to be the young attacker, it's much harder once you're top 10 and you become the attacked.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #3007
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Yes. Especially mentally. Maybe not in raw talent, but mental stuff is what, at least half the battle? Novak is a (sometimes overly so) confident warrior-type, which is the type that champions are. Richard simply isn't, not yet anyway. Novak may get tight sometimes, but he's young and that's to be expected. But he doesn't go on complete mental walkabouts and loses sets 0-6 and stuff.

That said, it will be interesting to see how he handles it. It's easy to be the young attacker, it's much harder once you're top 10 and you become the attacked.
basically.
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #3008
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Novak is in a much better place mentally than Richard at the mo. I'm hoping that Richard will get a big result soon and start to believe in himself a bit more.

I am also interested in how Novak will do now he is one of the top players.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #3009
country flag euphoria

euphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond reputeeuphoria has a reputation beyond repute

Time will tell, indeed. I love the two of them, so this could get interesting.
I hope Richie wakes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaLoves View Post
I could work with one ounce of that.

Always team U S A! ...
euphoria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #3010
country flag Sofyaxo

Sofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond reputeSofyaxo has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't trying to compare Novak and Richard. I was just trying to use him as an example of a hyped up kid who hasn't really come into his own yet.

Novak is a lot stronger mentally then some of the younger players, but he's still a 19 year old and is still lucky that Canas apparently forgot what a break point is.

He's actually the first younger player that I've gotten excited about so I hope he can keep it together.
Sofyaxo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:53 PM   #3011
country flag blosson
La La Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
It's easy to be the young attacker, it's much harder once you're top 10 and you become the attacked.
Yep. Once you achieve a high level of play, it's hard to keep it up. There are too much pressure, ranking points to defend, expectation to meet, health issues and a lot of people wanting your place.

That said, Andy's limited talent and "only serve" game is keeping him in the top 10 for 4 years apart from that brief mini slump last year. He must be doing something rigth.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #3012
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Standing on the Baseline this Spring (Spring indoor/HC thread!)!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
He can have it. Andy will taken back his No. 2 ranking by that time.
Ahhhhhh, and with that i would like to attempt to kill this thread with cuteness.

Andydrew for #2!!!

partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #3013
country flag laure xxx

laure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond reputelaure xxx has a reputation beyond repute

The fifth one is hot. And the sixth one. And the fourth one. And the first two.

Quote:
I am trapped.
laure xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #3014
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I reallay love seeing his face when face to face with jimbo, he's such a good student he always looks like he is actively listening (which i understand is hard for the male of the species) look at that eye contact...love that
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirl View Post

i think the last one is Andy telling Jimmy "No."
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote