Tournament Threads? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tournament Threads?

I know you don't like threads for each Tournament especially when Kris is playing poorly I like Tournament Threads myself while I know others don't. But I think we need to make some break in the thread and just not let one thread run on and on. I hope if more people can tell where Kris is playing it might help the Forum. Like now we could do a thread for the indoor season. What do you think?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

you know that I don't like tournament threads when they only get few posts
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
you know that I don't like tournament threads when they only get few posts
Let me try to explain what I mean. For example back in 2005 there was an American player that was having a good year so we were doing Tournament threads for each Tournament. Well we thought his good play would continue in 2006 so we stayed with Tournament threads, however, his year wasn't good so we got pretty much what you posted about--a Tournament thread with only a few posts. Sadly his play didn't pick up this year either.
So what was done in his Forum was a thread for the time of the tennis season like "grass court season" or like right now he is playing in Europe so the thread has his name and the words "in Europe". It just breaks things up a bit instead of just one long thread. I'm trying to come up with something for Kris' Forum that will draw people into it and if they do want to post it will be clearer to them where they should post. Of course Kris could help us out greatly if he would win more, but we have no control over that Let me know what you think? May be you have some better ideas that will help the Forum? Sorry I didn't mean to write a book
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

atm I don't think anything would help, except for maybe a thread saying "readers would you like to post? And how can we help to make it more attractive for you" but even then I doubt it helps

Oh that would be fine for me, having threads for parts of the season, indoor, american hardcourt, clay, grass... as long as it's more tournies together so a thread gets at least over the 40 posts. would like to see more peoples opinion, but sadly there are no other posters
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

btw. whole books posts are good for the forum, sadly not for your wrist so be careful
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #6
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
atm I don't think anything would help, except for maybe a thread saying "readers would you like to post? And how can we help to make it more attractive for you" but even then I doubt it helps

Oh that would be fine for me, having threads for parts of the season, indoor, american hardcourt, clay, grass... as long as it's more tournies together so a thread gets at least over the 40 posts. would like to see more peoples opinion, but sadly there are no other posters
Actually may be it is better this way because there are only two of us that has to agree on the way things are done here There have been fights in Forums because people couldn't agree Since we both agree on threads for parts of the season let's start doing that--not that there is much season left now anyway Kris we need you to start playing better. Because nothing helps a Forum more than wins
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:11 AM   #7
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
btw. whole books posts are good for the forum, sadly not for your wrist so be careful
Right you are there But sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough and I just start going on and on While you said exactly what I was trying to say in a much, much shorter post
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #8
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Actually may be it is better this way because there are only two of us that has to agree on the way things are done here There have been fights in Forums because people couldn't agree Since we both agree on threads for parts of the season let's start doing that--not that there is much season left now anyway Kris we need you to start playing better. Because nothing helps a Forum more than wins
We'll continue with that thread for the rest of the season now and then we start a new one in january for the start of the season and we'll jus see when we start another one
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Right you are there But sometimes I feel like I'm not explaining myself well enough and I just start going on and on While you said exactly what I was trying to say in a much, much shorter post
I know exactly what you say there, I often have the same problem. Esp. in English.
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:22 AM   #10
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
I know exactly what you say there, I often have the same problem. Esp. in English.
Your English is great In fact if I just read a post of your's and knew nothing about you I would think you were from a country where English was the main language
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:24 AM   #11
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
We'll continue with that thread for the rest of the season now and then we start a new one in january for the start of the season and we'll jus see when we start another one
Good idea And let's just hope Kris plays better in 2008
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #12
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Your English is great In fact if I just read a post of your's and knew nothing about you I would think you were from a country where English was the main language
That's sweet of you to say that

Would you believe that I had lots of problems passing my English exams at highschool? At the end I only passed the subject with a 5.6 (lowest grade to pass is a 5,5 the highest a 10... )
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #13
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan
 
Nymeria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 75,257
Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Good idea And let's just hope Kris plays better in 2008
Yep I am sure better times will come
__________________


Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 AM   #14
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
That's sweet of you to say that

Would you believe that I had lots of problems passing my English exams at highschool? At the end I only passed the subject with a 5.6 (lowest grade to pass is a 5,5 the highest a 10... )
I never would have believed that at all Something happened because you are great with English now
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 AM   #15
16681
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tournament Threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Yep I am sure better times will come
Kom op Kristof Finish this year strong and have a great 2008
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios