Jesse Levine - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:12 AM   #31
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Levine

Two in a row!

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #32
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

and it got him 56 more ranking spots to #192!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #33
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Before this summer, all the talk was about Querrey being our only good young player. Now it looks like we have four bona fide up-and-comers: Querrey, Young, Isner, and Levine. Then there's Odesnik, Kuznetsov, Sweeting, and McClune, plus a few juniors who show much promise (e.g. Rhyne Williams). And I suppose there's a chance that Baker will bounce back.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #34
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 AM   #35
country flag Deboogle!.

Tebbutt: Levine could be a Canadian contender

Tom Tebbutt, November 18, 2007 at 6:17 PM EST

Tennis Canada is surely more aware than ever that Jesse Levine could potentially be a future player on its Davis Cup team.

Born and raised in Ottawa until he was 13 when he moved with his family to Boca Raton, Fla., Levine has duel citizenship and could elect to play for Canada.

A crafty lefthander who turned pro in the spring of 2007 following his freshman year at the University of Florida after posting a 24-1 record in singles, Levine is 20 years old.

Back-to-back victories the past two weeks at Challenger events in the United States have helped elevate his ranking from No. 506 at the beginning of the year to No. 196.

Although he officially represents the United States for tennis purposes, currently he would be the second highest ranked Canadian behind No. 74 Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont.

Two weeks ago, Levine defeated his sometimes doubles partner Alex Kuznetsov of the United States 3-6, 6-2, 7-6 (5) to win the $75,000 (U.S.) Challenger in Nashville, Tennessee.

This past weekend he capped another successful tournament, winning the $50,000 (U.S.) Challenger in Champaign, Illinois, with a 7-6 (4), 7-6 (4) victory over promising 18-year-old American Donald Young.

He also has recent wins over Americans Robert Kendrick, Sam Warburg and John Isner, the 6-foot-9 power-server who reached the third round of this year’s U.S. Open, taking a set from Roger Federer.

Levine received some publicity this past summer when he went to Dubai to serve as a hitting partner for Federer as he trained in preparation for the North American hard-court season.

Stat-of-the-week: Difference in height between the 5-foot-9 Levine, and Isner, whom he beat 7-5 (3), 6-3 in the semi-finals in Champaign – one foot.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #36
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if this would come up. It would make sense for him to play for Canada in some ways, he would definitely get to play Davis Cup for them, but I think he'll stay with the US.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #37
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post

Tebbutt: Levine could be a Canadian contender

Tom Tebbutt, November 18, 2007 at 6:17 PM EST

Tennis Canada is surely more aware than ever that Jesse Levine could potentially be a future player on its Davis Cup team.

Born and raised in Ottawa until he was 13 when he moved with his family to Boca Raton, Fla., Levine has duel citizenship and could elect to play for Canada.

A crafty lefthander who turned pro in the spring of 2007 following his freshman year at the University of Florida after posting a 24-1 record in singles, Levine is 20 years old.

Back-to-back victories the past two weeks at Challenger events in the United States have helped elevate his ranking from No. 506 at the beginning of the year to No. 196.

Although he officially represents the United States for tennis purposes, currently he would be the second highest ranked Canadian behind No. 74 Frank Dancevic of Niagara Falls, Ont.

Two weeks ago, Levine defeated his sometimes doubles partner Alex Kuznetsov of the United States 3-6, 6-2, 7-6 (5) to win the $75,000 (U.S.) Challenger in Nashville, Tennessee.

This past weekend he capped another successful tournament, winning the $50,000 (U.S.) Challenger in Champaign, Illinois, with a 7-6 (4), 7-6 (4) victory over promising 18-year-old American Donald Young.

He also has recent wins over Americans Robert Kendrick, Sam Warburg and John Isner, the 6-foot-9 power-server who reached the third round of this year’s U.S. Open, taking a set from Roger Federer.

Levine received some publicity this past summer when he went to Dubai to serve as a hitting partner for Federer as he trained in preparation for the North American hard-court season.

Stat-of-the-week: Difference in height between the 5-foot-9 Levine, and Isner, whom he beat 7-5 (3), 6-3 in the semi-finals in Champaign – one foot.
He's merely mentioning the possibility. There's no indication that Levine is considering switching his allegiance.

While Levine would certainly play Davis Cup for Canada, he also has a good chance of playing for the U.S. eventually. Blake and the Bryan brothers are getting up there. Roddick is five years older than him. It's hardly hopeless that he'll play for the U.S.

Besides, there's a reason why he's representing the U.S., is there not? Why would he change his mind now? It's not like Canada has all of a sudden became thin in talent or that we've become deeper (while we have some other young talent, it's not like they're all locks to be Davis Cup stalwarts). Levine has lived here since he was 13 and presumably intends to continue living here, he's received support from the USTA, he will continue to receive support from the USTA (e.g. wild cards into ATP events), and he's much more marketable as an American. I don't see it happening.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #38
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is on fire

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #39
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
Before this summer, all the talk was about Querrey being our only good young player. Now it looks like we have four bona fide up-and-comers: Querrey, Young, Isner, and Levine. Then there's Odesnik, Kuznetsov, Sweeting, and McClune, plus a few juniors who show much promise (e.g. Rhyne Williams). And I suppose there's a chance that Baker will bounce back.
I like this four
Querrey, Young, Isner, and Levine

Sam will make it to Top 20 next year, hopefully happen soon

Donald will make it to Top 50 at least before US OPEN of 08

John will make it to Top 50 too, any time of 08

Levine is easy to make it to TOp 100 next year, hopefully Top 75

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #40
country flag Deboogle!.

Jesse's on an amazing run, now he's in the semis in Knoxville. Wonder if the USTA would consider giving him the USTA AO Wildcard as a show of good faith, I bet that'd go a long way to make him stay playing with the US and he's probably the most deserving one anyway, given his recent form

Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #41
country flag SHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
Jesse's on an amazing run, now he's in the semis in Knoxville. Wonder if the USTA would consider giving him the USTA AO Wildcard as a show of good faith, I bet that'd go a long way to make him stay playing with the US and he's probably the most deserving one anyway, given his recent form
With Young and Isner getting in directly, the only other candidate is Ginepri. I think Levine will get it due to his age and recent performance.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

Is Isner a lock? He lost today in the quarters. If so, yes I totally agree. If not, even Jesse is doing a lot better than Isner recently (who lost to Kim 2 and 2 today...)

hopefully Jesse can keep this form up, he'll be in the top 100 in no time!

Old 11-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #43
country flag SHB

All else held constant, the 13 additional points from this week would put him at #104. He may drop below that, but chances are he won't need more than a few withdrawals to get in.

Levine should get the WC. But I suppose there's a chance they go with the more "proven" player in Ginepri.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #44
country flag Fee

Ginepri and Delic both need to do the work and earn their way back. These arent injuries or anything else, just brain farts that have caused their rankings drop. Jesse should get the wildcard (in my opinion).

Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #45
country flag Grinder

Grinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond reputeGrinder has a reputation beyond repute

I think Ginepri will probably end up getting the wildcard, but I hope that Jesse at least tries to qualify for the AO if doesn't get the USTA wildcard.