Jesse Levine - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 AM   #16
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Levine

Levine is turning pro.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...,6943491.story
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #17
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

That's a big step for Jesse and I hope he's ready for it. He might have been better off with another year in college, but if he had gone back the USTA might have ignored his existence.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #18
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Levine is into the semis of the Tulsa Challenger where he will meet Donald Young. He hasn't lost a set yet. He beat Fritz Wolmarans in the QFs, who beat John Isner in the previous round.

Levine really needed this. He hadn't won a main draw match in a pro event since Delray Beach in January.

Levine and Young, by the way, both reached the final of the 2006 National Championship in Kalamazoo, but Levine was unable to play due to illness. Hopefully they'll actually play this time. It's an interesting matchup. They're both fast lefties who generally play on the baseline but occasionally will come to net. Young has more power from what I've seen and is the more gifted player all around, but Levine has talent as well.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #19
country flag SHB

Okay, maybe it wasn't so interesting. Young won 6-0, 6-1.

I'll tell you, Levine has some eyebrow raising results. He's gotten absolutely crushed in a few matches. I still think he'll be good eventually, but he needs to find some consistency.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:27 AM   #20
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

yikes, one-sided indeed. I haven't been able to see Jesse play, does he have the kind of game that would be prone to breaking down or really susceptible to players with certain types of games?

SHB, as always, thanks for your thorough updates

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #21
country flag SHB

Good questions. It's hard for me to say without seeing him more. I've only seen him twice (once in college and in the U.S. Open against Davydenko).

Against Davydenko, he played a good first set, but then just lost it after that. I thought his footwork became sloppy. He made a lot of unforced errors, and while Davydenko's consistency undoubtedly contributed to that, Levine could have done much better.

He definitely needs to get in the weight room. His lack of power is his greatest weakness (and unforced errors if the Davydenko match was typical of him). His movement is great and his backhand has the potential to be good. I thought he showed the ability to take the ball early and hit with angles on the backhand side. I also like his willingness to come to net. He even serve-and-volleyed on occasion.

I know some people don't think he'll amount to much because of his lack of weapons, but I'm more optimistic. That said, these 0 and 1 scorelines make me wonder a little.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

interesting stuff, thanks! hopefully he is willing to put in the hard work it will take for him to really make it.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 10-20-2007, 01:33 AM   #23
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Jesse play in the Tulsa event, against Dabul and Young. He's a lefty and has a solid game. He's able to generate a good amount of power off both wings, the serve is decent, and his volleying could use some work. Against Donald Young in Tulsa, Jesse was very inconsistent off the ground, all Donald had to do was keep it in play. I like this guys potential probably a top 65 guy eventually.

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Andy Murray--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Nick Kyrgios--Mardy Fish--Richard Gasquet--David Ferrer--Somdev Devvarman.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #24
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse Levine will play Alex Kuznetsov in the Final of Nashville

Great Job for both

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #25
country flag Chaos Inc.

Chaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed.
Chaos Inc. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #26
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Congrat. to Jesse Levine.

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #27
country flag Deboogle!.

great win and a 3rd set TB to boot, nice!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #28
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse had some big wins along the way to winning Nashville. Great week for him. Yay!

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 AM   #29
country flag jcempire

Keep going Jesse Levine

Nadal Nadal Nadal
Old 11-18-2007, 02:06 AM   #30
country flag Deboogle!.

Jesse won the Champaign challenger this week with a straight sets win over Young in the final. Great job, Jesse!