A year ago this month, ATPWorld went kaput... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Default A year ago this month, ATPWorld went kaput...

And after a brief stint as a forum stepchild of WTAWorld, phoenixed it's way back in the form of MTF.

Most posters came back, some never returned and, of course, new additions continue to make their voices heard.

Hope that we never go down again
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
country flag vene

vene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond reputevene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A year ago this month, ATPWorld went kaput...

Why did it go kaput? just curious...
vene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

way back when it was atpworld, Roger couldn't even get a thread started about him at GM.

kaputt they went and we squattered at wta.

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: A year ago this month, ATPWorld went kaput...

Ahem... copyright issues over the use of a certain acronym in front of "world", associated with a certain professional body in charge of men's tennis. I can say no more.

I quite enjoyed that period of squatting at WTAWorld though, at first there was a nice feeling of reunion as all the refugees gradually arrived there. The men's forum was busier and certainly more packed around RG time than its MTF reincarnation has been since, although it's been getting steadily bigger month by month.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Squatting at WTAWorld was quite fun.

Sjengster, you had the old sn of "Hendouble" (or something like that), no?

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #6
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I did indeed, that was my WTAWorld username when I joined there at the same time I joined ATPWorld. I tried using the same name as on here, but I think I screwed it up and somehow convinced the website that it was already reserved... I can't recall properly. Everyone thought I was female for ages after that.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #7
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to interupt guys, just need sjengs opinion. out of the following, which are your schalken favourites?
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:06 PM   #8
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Sjeng defeating Fernando in 2002 USO QF.

"Weathering the tornado"

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:08 PM   #9
country flag Sjengster

The US Open 2002 matches versus Kuerten and Gonzalez, I've said it before but those are definitely his best victories ever in a big event. Surprisingly, the first few on that list I'm not too keen on seeing again... I haven't seen his one win over Agassi, although I gather it was a tough encounter. The win against Nieminen is also good value, a tough five-setter where he was down a double break in the final set and then won six games in a row to take the title.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #10
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when it happened, I was afraid it would never come back!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 11:12 PM   #11
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

We were some angry posters when we first squatted
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #12
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us still are

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #13
Tennis Fool

Bump for a history lesson
Old 07-03-2006, 02:56 AM   #14
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

MTF is as old as world itself? Sjengster used to be a female? Oh gosh what have I been missing... (too much for my sick heart )
Or it's 5 a.m. and should I go sleep?

i want something else to get me through this life....

Last edited by Nathaliia : 07-03-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #15
country flag gusman890

gusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond reputegusman890 has a reputation beyond repute

lol really?

it went "poof" wow, never knew that and i only found out about MTF around Oct 05 :-P

I'm an American who loves clay tennis and the clay season...what is wrong with that picture?
gusman890 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote