New to the top 100 - 2015 [15] │ Albot & Basilashvili enter - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2015, 02:25 AM   #1
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to the top 100 - 2015 [15] │ Albot & Basilashvili enter

First player who could be new Top 100 in the year, Luca Vanni. He never won an ATP match before this week now he is in the final against Cuevas. If he beat him tomorrow he will be around #80 in the world.

Hyeon Chung is matter of time to be in the Top 100 too.

New Top 100 for 2015:
1 - Damir Dzumhur - February 23rd 2015

2 - Farrukh Dustov - February 23rd 2015

3 - James Duckworth - March 23rd 2015

4 - Ruben Bemelmans - April 13th 2015

5 - Lucas Pouille - April 20th 2015

6 - Hyeon Chung - April 27th 2015

7 - Thanansi Kokkinakis - May 11th 2015

8 - Luca Vanni - May 11th 2015

9 - Alexander Zverev - May 18th 2015

10 - Kimmer Coppejans - June 15th 2015

11 - James Ward - July 13th 2015

12 - John Millman - July 13th, 2015

13 - Marco Cecchinato - July 20th 2015

14 - Radu Albot - July 27th 2015

15 - Nikoloz Basilashvili - July 27th 2015

Last edited by zjtennis : 07-27-2015 at 05:26 AM.
bry17may is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 03:01 AM   #2
country flag Kateoz

Kateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the top 100 - 2014 [11 and counting]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
First player who could be new Top 100 in the year, Luca Vanni. He never won an ATP match before this week now he is in the final against Cuevas. If he beat him tomorrow he will be around #80 in the world.

Hyeon Chung is matter of time to be in the Top 100 too
Vanni get over the line even just with finals points I think?

Chung has certainly made a quick jump up to 120ish now (after losing Launceston final) but still a live race to the line between him and some of the other teens I think...
Kateoz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:27 AM   #3
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateoz View Post
Vanni get over the line even just with finals points I think?

Chung has certainly made a quick jump up to 120ish now (after losing Launceston final) but still a live race to the line between him and some of the other teens I think...
No, he need to win the final to reach the Top 100, I guess Chung is the best of his year with the expception of Coric

Pero no, duerme que ahí afuera solo hay monstruos, solo hay gente que te compra y que te vende, que te odia, que te miente, que te roba, que te mata, que te viola y que no siente nada.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:59 AM   #4
country flag Kateoz

Kateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond reputeKateoz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
No, he need to win the final to reach the Top 100, I guess Chung is the best of his year with the expception of Coric
Yes looked at it again, realised you are right on Vanni, pity not sure he can pull it off.

But competition for best of the 1996ers is still live I think - and my money is on Kokkinakis! Whichever of them gets over the line next (and Coric's jump was largely luck of the draw; Coric , Kokk and Chung have been jumping past each other as they race down the rankings for months) I think will be irrelevant in the longer run. But odds are that Chung, Kokk, Donaldson, Garin and Ymer will all get into to 100 this year - all moving quite fast rankings wise, and jumping over a lot of older players.

Though I suppose Vanni's jump from nowhere shows pretty hard to predict these things!
Old 02-16-2015, 12:19 AM   #5
country flag bry17may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateoz View Post
Yes looked at it again, realised you are right on Vanni, pity not sure he can pull it off.

But competition for best of the 1996ers is still live I think - and my money is on Kokkinakis! Whichever of them gets over the line next (and Coric's jump was largely luck of the draw; Coric , Kokk and Chung have been jumping past each other as they race down the rankings for months) I think will be irrelevant in the longer run. But odds are that Chung, Kokk, Donaldson, Garin and Ymer will all get into to 100 this year - all moving quite fast rankings wise, and jumping over a lot of older players.

Though I suppose Vanni's jump from nowhere shows pretty hard to predict these things!
6 players from 1996 to be Top 100 would be nice I also expect Khachanov to be at least in top 150 by the end of the year, from 1997 Zverev, Rublev and Safiullin could have a shot to make it but it would be hard for Zverev to have the same results as in 2014. Rublev looks like a great player and Safiullin had a great end of season.

Pero no, duerme que ahí afuera solo hay monstruos, solo hay gente que te compra y que te vende, que te odia, que te miente, que te roba, que te mata, que te viola y que no siente nada.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
country flag Fastgrass

Fastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond reputeFastgrass has a reputation beyond repute

Can we have new thread for 2015 new entries please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doink View Post
Murray 2008 was not great

Murray 2012/2013 though would triple bagel this tall freak 6-4 6-4 6-4
Fastgrass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the top 100 - 2015 [0]

Dzumhur is 5 spots away atm.

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Unban JamieMU30
Crustaceok is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #8
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean 3 spots away.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #9
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
You mean 3 spots away.
Ah yeah, forgot the live rankings.

He'll reach top 100 if he wins his next match, right?

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Unban JamieMU30
Crustaceok is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he'll be there. To secure it, he needs two wins. There are still players who can pass him (Falla, Darcis, Dustov and Paire).
Old 02-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #11
country flag Lee C

Lee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond reputeLee C has a reputation beyond repute

He's there now.

Darcis can still pass him though based on how the rest of the week plays out.

Dustov can pass him as well but it is less likely.
Lee C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #12
country flag Kateoz

Dzumhur won his semi, putting him at 87 in the live-rankings. He's over the line now and can't be displaced this week, the first for the year. Hopefully he'll win the Morelos Challenger to clinch the deal in style!

Have to admit I didn't think he would make it any time soon - started the year second closest to the line (after Ward) but had 115 points from the 2014 AO to defend and when he didn't qualify is campaign seemed to be over for the moment. But winning Santo Domingo put him back in the running, and now we have our first for the year...

Last edited by Kateoz : 02-20-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:24 AM   #13
country flag bry17may

Congrats to Damir Dzumhur, the first one of the year. He just reached his 7th Challenger final (4-2).

Last edited by Slasher1985 : 02-23-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #14
country flag Kateoz

Default Re: New to the top 100 - 2015 [1] │ First Damir Dzumhur

And we could have another one this week - Dustov now into final for Wroclaw. If he wins will just scrape over the line I think...
Old 02-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #15
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Default Re: New to the top 100 - 2015 [1] │ First Damir Dzumhur

Yeah Dustov won Wroclaw and is in.