Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE NOW - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE NOW

Andrew Castle 4 5.80%
Jim Courier 17 24.64%
Jimmy Conners 3 4.35%
John McEnroe 11 15.94%
Peter Fleming 6 8.70%
Mark Petchy 1 1.45%
Jason Goodall 5 7.25%
Rob Koenig 16 23.19%
Nick Leister 0 0%
Vijay Amritraj 1 1.45%
Tim Henman 4 5.80%
Justin Gimelstob 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE NOW

Such a close call between Jason and Rob for me, coin-toss really. Probably go Rob if really, really pushed.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 06-30-2014 at 08:53 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
country flag Berdgoat

Berdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond reputeBerdgoat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE

No one
Can't wait for Murray to school this mug.
Andrew in 3
7-6 7-6 6-2
Wimbledon QF: Grigor Dimitrov def. Andy Murray 6-1 7-6 6-2
Berdgoat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
country flag Matthew2408

Matthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which of the Former PRO's take best to the Commentary Box in your opinion? VOTE

Petchey and Courier were a great combination during Roland Garros.
Matthew2408 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew2408 View Post
Petchey and Courier were a great combination during Roland Garros.
+1 and amen to that.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Goodall.

His analysis and knowledge of the tactical aspects of the game alongside stats is second to non. Remember when they used to do hawkeye with Goodall during the slams? That man knew what he was talking about!

I really like Arvind Parmars commentary these days too.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Voted Courier but that's only becuae I remember him best and have revisited various commentary gigs he did on youtube like AO 2007. He was actually willing to discuss tactics and didn't pretend to have some direct line into the mental state of the players at any given moment. The others - I have lived in Argentina for a few years and have to put up with ESPN spanish guys or switch to the english commentary of Arias and that other yank. Fairly bland. I remember Castle from circa 2006/7 at Wimbledon but wish I didn't. Can't remember ever noticing anything Henman said.
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny Mac for sure

there is a reason he is the most sought after tennis commentator in America

doesn't say nearly as many annoying things as some of them and as a nice voice. I also feel like he BY FAR is the most relateable to both the players AND the general public in the way in which he speaks, which is nice. his brother is great too

Robby Koenig is the most annoying person on the planet anyone who voted for him needs to get out of here. he says far too much too with ridiculous amounts of annoying excitement

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned!

Moonball pusher votes for Andrew Castle because he kisses up to Federer

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 06-30-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Johnny Mac for sure

there is a reason he is the most sought after tennis commentator in America

doesn't say nearly as many annoying things as some of them and as a nice voice. I also feel like he BY FAR is the most relateable to both the players AND the general public in the way in which he speaks, which is nice. his brother is great too

Robby Koenig is the most annoying person on the planet anyone who voted for him needs to get out of here. he says far too much too with ridiculous amounts of annoying excitement
How can you dislike this? You're MMMMMAAD!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
How can you dislike this? You're MMMMMAAD!

Yes it is well know that MDS is mad

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Yes it is well know that MDS is mad

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
She's quirky mad though, so it's all good.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Connors, easily. But he is not on so much, and Goodall and Koenig are, and they are an excellent tandem
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #13
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Connors, easily. But he is not on so much, and Goodall and Koenig are, and they are an excellent tandem
His annoying habit of doing a little "uhmmm" sound every time someone hits a half decent shot disqualifies him, for me. (Has he stopped doing that?)
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #14
country flag PerfectAce753

PerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond reputePerfectAce753 has a reputation beyond repute

Frew McMillan is pretty great too.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 PM   #15
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

Javier Frana.

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Tennis Tipping (actual/best)
Singles: 101/101 - W: Tianjin CH, Prague-2 CH, San Juan Fut / RU: Rovinj Fut, Gimcheon CH
Doubles (w/Chilenaitor): 137/137 - W: Kyoto CH, Samarkand CH / RU: Rimouski CH, Vicenza CH, Segovia CH, Bucharest Fut
Crustaceok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote