The Rock, Miami Vice, Miami CSI and Gaston seeing off the hardcourt season in Miami - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #61
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carlos Gardel, Vilas, Joaquín Berthold, Babasónicos, helados and Gaston in Bs As

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Like I said the same people that pissed on him after Malaga, they wanted to have his babies in 2005 when he won the event as RG champion.
at least it was only a part of the stadium, there was clapping too...
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2007, 01:49 AM   #62
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carlos Gardel, Vilas, Joaquín Berthold, Babasónicos, helados and Gaston in Bs As

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCañas View Post
at least it was only a part of the stadium, there was clapping too...
It's a very difficult situation with him at the moment and it's not surprising it happened and I thought it would to some extent.

I hope he fronts up and plays di Mauro, though it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:49 AM   #63
country flag Hendu

Hendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond reputeHendu has a reputation beyond repute

The expected thing happened.

Gaudio will not play again in the tournament. And if the players agree, Berlocq will replace him.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...01090&toi=5266

Last edited by Hendu : 02-22-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Hendu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #64
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and from here give my "everlasting" support to Gastón....

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 AM   #65
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

This is the 2nd year in a row that a top Argentine player has been brought to his knees in BA. Last year it was Coria's DF fiasco (which then never ended, ever), this year Gaudio takes another bad loss in his run of poor form. And Ramirez-Hidalgo was again the man to bring the misery, what's his problem?

I agree with Lau that the reaction from sections of the crowd may well have had to do with a build up of disappointment from other players, and with such a convincing loss, Gaudio ended up bearing the brunt of some of that frustration at the end. Ultimately, fans pay to watch, they come to support during the match and at the end are entitled to give their verdict in the form they choose.

GL to Gaston in his attempts to try and rediscover any form, TBH, I don't hold out any hope for him or Coria. Both of them seem gone, too much damage to retrieve. Hopefully I'm wrong on at least one of them or even better for the sake of Argentine tennis, both.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 AM   #66
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
This is the 2nd year in a row that a top Argentine player has been brought to his knees in BA. Last year it was Coria's DF fiasco (which then never ended, ever), this year Gaudio takes another bad loss in his run of poor form. And Ramirez-Hidalgo was again the man to bring the misery, what's his problem?
It must be the sleeve off the shoulder when he serves that puts player into a trance.

Seriously, the locals had a right to feel cheated with what happened during this day which won't be forgotten, but not always for the right reasons.

As for what will happen with Gaston who knows, but I don't like seeing this shadow of Gaston on the court. Not surprising at all, that he isn't playing di Mauro.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #67
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I agree. It's not nice to see players play at a level far below what they are capable, and still at a young age. Watching Coria last year was really shocking. Tennis can be a very cruel sport for a player doing badly, all their frailties are there and exposed on court, there is nowhere to run or hide.

I don't see any solution to Gaudio's problem, other than time away. You would hope he could play through it, but clearly that is not working, so what other option is there?

As I read you say somewhere else, there is little point dropping to Challenger level either, as the appetitie just doesn't seem to be there. Same with Coria, likely to get humiliated in a Challenger and then where next? Gaudio has talked of quitting so many times, but this time it feels like now is the right time to at least take some time off and come back for the Euro clay season and see if he can put something together.

If he plays next week, would anyone expect a win? I doubt it, and him even less so. One thing is certain if there are any Sports Psychology students out there looking for a couple of case studies, they would have more than enough material to wade through and analyse with Gaudio and Coria's trials and tribulations of recent years.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #68
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Tennis being an individual sport, it makes what is happening even worse. At least within a team environment there can be others that pull you through when going through these bad moments. Here the individual has to get through and many have been unsuccessful in doing so.

It's quite difficult now for Gaston as I have said in the Gaston's tennis 2007 thread where this has been an ongoing problem. The solutions are getting more difficult as he had time away last year and he might need to do it again.

He should go down to Patagonia or Tierra del Fuego somewhere quiet and gather his thoughts and think about what he wants to do.

Quote:
One thing is certain if there are any Sports Psychology students out there looking for a couple of case studies, they would have more than enough material to wade through and analyse with Gaudio and Coria's trials and tribulations of recent years.
No lack of material there at all with these guys.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-22-2007, 06:53 AM   #69
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Only 1 comment: it's as easy to jump on the bandwagon of a player that does well as it is to turn one's back on him when the winning wave is over..............poor Gaston
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #70
country flag tanga

tanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond reputetanga has a reputation beyond repute

I think he shouldn't have retired from BS.
Even if he is already out for the 1/4, a match without pressure could have been good for him.
And it's also disrespectfull for the crowd
tanga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #71
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tequilia, Nachos, La Quebrada Cliff Divers, Lazing on the beach Acapulco Thread

Poor Gasti, he looks so weary of it all but I'll still cheer for him in Acapulco.

VAMOS, GASTON!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #72
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tequilia, Nachos, La Quebrada Cliff Divers, Lazing on the beach Acapulco Thread

try to have fun in Acapulco Gaston

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #73
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

(1) FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP v STARACE, Potito ITA
DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v DI MAURO, Alessio ITA
QUALIFIER v KIM, Kevin USA
HORNA, Luis PER v (5) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

(3) ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP v (WC) ZABALETA, Mariano ARG
RAMIREZ HIDALGO, Ruben ESP v (WC) GONZALEZ, Santiago MEX
HARTFIELD, Diego ARG v QUALIFIER
(WC) ECHAGARAY, Bruno MEX v (8) MOYA, Carlos ESP

(6) MASSU, Nicolas CHI v MONACO, Juan ARG
GALVANI, Stefano ITA v HAJEK, Jan CZE
QUALIFIER v DEVILDER, Nicolas FRA
ROITMAN, Sergio ARG v (4) CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG

(7) ACASUSO, Jose ARG v MONTANES, Albert ESP
VANEK, Jiri CZE v VASSALLO ARGUELLO, Martin ARG
QUALIFIER v VICENTE, Fernando ESP
MARTIN, Alberto ESP v (2) CALLERI, Agustin ARG

What a draw!

I hope Gastón can wake up
He can give a very entertaining show If He wants!

VAMOOOOOS
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #74
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Gaston in Acapulco!!!!!

Something has to change for this poor boy.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 AM   #75
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Tough match for Gaston against the best unseeded player in the tournament and someone who is playing well at the moment.

It's not RR and that's a good thing and Lucho beat Gaston last year at this event to take the title. As for Gaston, who knows what to expect with his tennis, just see what happens.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1