Mantilla Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-29-2004, 03:17 AM   #46
country flag UseTheSearchTool

UseTheSearchTool is just really niceUseTheSearchTool is just really niceUseTheSearchTool is just really niceUseTheSearchTool is just really nice
Default Re: Mantilla Thread

I wonder if Felix will get a WC or have to qualify for Madrid?
UseTheSearchTool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #47
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

probably have to qualify i should think!
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:44 PM   #48
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

ok 2004 is over, do you think felix will continue playing on the tour?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:55 AM   #49
country flag FryslanBoppe

FryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant futureFryslanBoppe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
ok 2004 is over, do you think felix will continue playing on the tour?
Yes, he said he will play for about 2 more seasons. He had some encouraging results in Sopot, and he has had some time off and is playing in the Spanish masters, then it will be work, work and get him right for the Aus season.

I think he will get in directly to the Aus Open and that is something to build on.
FryslanBoppe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 09:28 AM   #50
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

when exactly is the Spanish masters this year? mid December?
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #51
country flag joeb_uk

What is the spanish masters?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:57 PM   #52
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

it's a tournament held in Barcelona normally in December. It's for the top 8 Spanish guys and the top 8 Spanish girls...last year they couldn't hold it cos they ran out of time...that's why I'm wondering if the same thing will happen again this year since there's the Davis Cup and all...
Old 11-26-2004, 10:52 AM   #53
country flag joeb_uk

Ok thanks, seems a good idea! usually on clay or hardcourt?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:23 AM   #54
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he is training his arse off somewhere getting prepared to run around the court in the Mantilla style and maybe pull of another good run.

I remember he lost a tough match to Schalken in Chennai and he isn't on the list to play there in Jan. His entry ranking was high enough and I wonder where he is going to play pre-Aus Open and if he plays here, he better not play a favourite of mine.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 04:28 AM   #55
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Since the Davis Cup final is on this week I thought this would be time to reflect on Felix's great DC performance.

Basically what happened was that Spain were relegated to the Playoffs in 1999 and they were drawn against New Zealand and they played them away on a fast Plexipave surface.

What happened was none of the big guys were prepared to travel to NZ to play this match.

Mantilla volunteered and with a team of Clavet, Balcells and Alonso they got Spain back into the World Group.

Mantilla def Mark Nielsen 6-2 3-6 4-6 7-6(2) 6-3. If it wasn't for him winning that first match and giving confidence to the others they wouldn't have been promoted.

After helping them regain World Group status he was dumped in 2000, then again the team rallied and thanked him for his 1999 efforts.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 11-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #56
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
Ok thanks, seems a good idea! usually on clay or hardcourt?
well the last time it was played (in 2002), it was greenset
Old 12-19-2004, 01:02 PM   #57
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I saw that Felix is an alternate for Doha, though there are a few above him and he will have to qualify for that tournament.

Then again it's interesting since Chennai had a lower ranking cutoff and Felix could have made the main draw.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 12-19-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 PM   #58
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

have u seen the Dubai player list yet GWH? if so, where can I see it?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:26 PM   #59
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~EMiLiTA~
have u seen the Dubai player list yet GWH? if so, where can I see it?
It was actually on the tournament thread, and then I went there to look and it's not there. I will try and look again.

I know Federer and Gaudio are playing.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 12-19-2004 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:49 PM   #60
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

This was the initial list.

Federer, Roger SUI 1
Gaudio, Gaston ARG 10
Grosjean, Sebastien FRA 15
Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 16
Pavel, Andrei ROM 20
Ljubicic, Ivan CRO 22
Lopez, Feliciano ESP 25
El Aynaoui, Younes MAR 27
Davydenko, Nikolay RUS 28
Johansson, Thomas SWE 30
Soderling, Robin SWE 34
Verdasco, Fernando ESP 36
Volandri, Filippo ITA 43
Beck, Karol SVK 45
Ferrer, David ESP 48
Rusedski, Greg GBR 49
Andreev, Igor RUS 50
Nadal, Rafael ESP 51
Santoro, Fabrice FRA 52
Costa, Albert ESP 56
Karlovic, Ivo CRO 59
Arazi, Hicham MAR 60
Koubek, Stefan AUT 62
Lee, Hyung-Taik KOR 65
Muller, Gilles LUX 68

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1