Young Aussies - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
country flag eureka

eureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Young Aussies

What about Brydan Klein and JP Smith getting to quarters of AO. And Greg Jones who already has his own thread. How far can they go?
eureka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young Aussies

Well Brydon and Greg are playing each other tommorow and JP Smith has a good chance as he beat the number 4 seed yesterday.

I think JP Smith and Greg Jones will make the semis and from there I think Jones has a great chance of making the final. I'm not sure about JP making the final.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I think Klein will beat Jones to make the semis
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
country flag eureka

eureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond reputeeureka has a reputation beyond repute

Well done JP Smith on winning in Malaysia. Also well done to Steven Donald on being Runner-up, in a tight 3 set final. Pity you guys couldn't clinch that doubles final as well! Go Tyra semi finalist! Both boys should move up from their present 17 & 21 ranking gs. Go Aussies!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Australia now has 4 boys in the top 20 on the world junior rankings!

5) Klein
6) Jones
11) Donald
19) Smith

we also have 9 players in the top 100!!

who said aussie tennis lacks depth?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
country flag eureka

Cool Re: Young Aussies

JP Smith Wins Manila ITF Final. Top job, Well Done. This puts JP into the top 10 with Brydan and Greg. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #7
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

If my calculations are correct there should be four aussie boys in the top 10, Brydan, Greg,JP and Stephen should all be in the top 10 this week. Just have to wait for the rankings to come out. Four in top 10 is amazing it sort of just happened out of nowhere. Maybe an Aussie will win French Open juniors should be some highly seeded aussies in Roland Garros!
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
country flag eureka

So true so true. All the boys really struggled on the clay last year but being that year older and a lot of the top claycourters gone (too old) you never know! I really fancy their chances on the grass and TA are sure to take them to the US as well.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:09 AM   #9
country flag eureka

Check out the latest ITF Boys rankings. Oi Oi Oi
Old 08-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #10
country flag eureka

CONGRATULATIONS Adam Feeney and Jess Moore winning both singles and Brydan Klein winning doubles in the Ilkley Futures today. Oi Oi Oi
Old 08-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #11
country flag eureka

Xrexham Futures: Entire semis are aussie. Oi Oi Oi
Old 08-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #12
country flag Timbo

Timbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond reputeTimbo has a reputation beyond repute

from the Tennis Australia website...this Kubler kiddy is a bright prospect...he's been winning a bunch of stuff recently....

Australia has reached the final of the World Junior Tennis Competition after a 2-1 semifinal win over No.3 seeds Russia overnight.
The No.2 seeded Optus Australian World Junior Tennis Final Team of Jason Kubler (QLD), Ben Wagland (NSW) and Joey Swaysland (NSW) will now meet the No.5 seeded Czech Republic in the final on Saturday. The Czech Republic defeated top seeds, USA, to reach the final.
Australia’s No.2 player, Joey Swaysland opened the tie against Russia’s Evgeny Karlovsky. With Swaysland’s excellent serve and Karlovsky’s ability to return from the baseline, the boys were evenly matched. In one of the closest matches of the week, neither player was able to break the others serve, leaving both sets to be won on a tiebreak. In the end Karlovsky prevailed, winning the match 7-6(1) 7-6(2).
Jason Kubler, unbeaten in the competition so far, put in an outstanding performance against Anton Volkov. With confidence high, he used his powerful serve to control the match and win in straight sets, 6-1 6-3.
Kubler and Swaysland teamed up for the deciding doubles rubber against Karlovsky and Volkov, winning 6-3 6-2.
Timbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM   #13
country flag OZTENNIS

Australia won the World Junior Tennis Competition for the first time!!

FINAL
(2) AUSTRALIA def. (5) CZECH REPUBLIC 2-0
Joey Swaysland (AUS) won 5-7, 6-2, 6-1
Jason Kubler (AUS) won 6-4, 6-3

--------
Jason Kubler was undefeated in singles and doubles ALL WEEK...

I think he is definitely in the same category as Bernard Tomic, and his recent results in Europe prove that

I saw him play a few years back and he had a good serve and great groundstrokes...Australia has another good prospect for the long term future
Old 08-12-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
country flag eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
Australia won the World Junior Tennis Competition for the first time!!

FINAL
(2) AUSTRALIA def. (5) CZECH REPUBLIC 2-0
Joey Swaysland (AUS) won 5-7, 6-2, 6-1
Jason Kubler (AUS) won 6-4, 6-3

--------
Jason Kubler was undefeated in singles and doubles ALL WEEK...

I think he is definitely in the same category as Bernard Tomic, and his recent results in Europe prove that

I saw him play a few years back and he had a good serve and great groundstrokes...Australia has another good prospect for the long term future

WHAT A GREAT EFFORT! WELL DONE BOYS

In Wrexham SMEETS just beat FEENEY in the Final.

Aussie males doing well across all ages. Top Effort from all!

PS: What about our girls tennis?!?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #15
country flag OZTENNIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post

WHAT A GREAT EFFORT! WELL DONE BOYS

In Wrexham SMEETS just beat FEENEY in the Final.

Aussie males doing well across all ages. Top Effort from all!

PS: What about our girls tennis?!?
Matthew Ebden is in the final of a Futures event in the US. Carsten Ball lost in the semis...Definitely a great week by the blokes It mirrors last weeks efforts by the girls...

Sophie Ferguson won her first 25k (in Japan)
Jessica Moore won her first 10k (in Ilkley UK)
Casey Dellacqua reached the semis of a 75k in the US and debuted in the top 100
Alenka Hubacek made the semis in Ilkley, and Nicole Kriz made a quarter final of a 10k in the USA...

Unfortunately Australia had no girls team in the World Junior Tennis Comp, they failed to qualify in the Asia/Oceania zone and ended up coming 8th...hopefully they'll do better next time...

I also think we have a serious shot at the Junior Davis Cup in late September. Bernard Tomic, Mark Verryth and Stephen Hoh will be on that team.