MIAMI - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: MIAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
He isn't that bad on the clay though losing to Coutelot at the French was horrendous.

Don't forget he beat Ferrero when he won Estoril and the first time I ever saw him play he made a final against Mantilla in Palermo, so he's far from rubbish on clay, it's just that perhaps he has to play a bit differently on the surface.
Why is it that everytime I try to consign that Coutelot match to oblivion, someone mentions it and makes me re-live the horror of it all over again There are not enough "devil" icons here to illustrate my feelings on that match.

As to Miami - I agree with both of you, - it is more important for David to keep fit and healthy, and, hopefully, get a few wins under his belt in preparation for the more important tournaments to come. I don't think we should expect too much of him in this event - just hope he has waited to be 100% fit before returning to the circuit and doesn't do any further damage by returning too quickly.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 PM   #17
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: MIAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Why is it that everytime I try to consign that Coutelot match to oblivion, someone mentions it and makes me re-live the horror of it all over again There are not enough "devil" icons here to illustrate my feelings on that match.
Because I enjoy seeing that devil expression from you Rosie. Seriously one has to remember the very bad losses so it makes the good times even better.

It would be a worse if he lost to someone who couldn't play on clay like Ginepri.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:24 PM   #18
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MIAMI

I didn't see that match, was it really that bad???
Rosie, please don't kill me for asking this!
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #19
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

btw Miami has a 96 draw so the same as IW,so I think that the draw will be tuesday or even wednesday.. and that David will not play before Friday
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:54 PM   #20
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

It's better for David, more time to get ready and rest...
Old 03-21-2004, 12:55 PM   #21
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

thats true and he will go to the USA on wednesday..
Old 03-21-2004, 01:09 PM   #22
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
I didn't see that match, was it really that bad???
Rosie, please don't kill me for asking this!
It was worse than bad Jazz! Especially as I ended up sitting next to a crowd of French DC "cheer-leaders" in blue T-shirts, who stamped their feet all the time til you felt that the stands were going to collapse. And no I couldn't move because it was packed (standing room only on a non-reserved court) and there was nowhere else to go but outside and I could never have got back in again - and anyway, I just couldn't have deserted David no matter how bad it got! He got very upset and lost his head (especially in the 4th and 5th sets), which made the crowd boo and jeer him even more - oh, and besides that it was extremely hot, and I was getting sun-burned and also had a stomach ache!!! Bet you're glad you didn't go now aren't you

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 03-21-2004, 01:13 PM   #23
country flag jazz_girl

OMG!!!! Thank God I didn't see that, and I'm not even talking about being there, I'm glad I didn't watch it on tv! LOL!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #24
country flag bovenbuuf

yes you are right, glad I didn't see it..

Last edited by bovenbuuf : 03-21-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:37 PM   #25
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it on TV and it was bad enough, though I had my day brightened later on, but watching one of your faves losing in a situation like that, is as bad as dental surgery. I have experienced both on numerous occasions.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #26
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I saw it on TV and it was bad enough, though I had my day brightened later on, but watching one of your faves losing in a situation like that, is as bad as dental surgery. I have experienced both on numerous occasions.
What a great analogy! And yes, - I agree - in fact I don't think having my wisdom teeth out was quite so bad as the Coutelot match And there's another little "devil" icon just for you!!

Old 03-21-2004, 11:36 PM   #27
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

So he IS playing in Miami!!! Good , because although I am tremendously Happy that Federer finally beat Tim, and convincingly, i felt that there was something big missing in the tourney, and ofcourse that was David. I hope he can gain some serious points here, and avoid Safin for instance, because its likely he will play a top seed early on, and considering David's horrible record vs. his nemisis. Best of Luck to David
You've been horribly missed, so no more injuries. OK .
Old 03-22-2004, 12:32 AM   #28
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, David, we do miss you, and we hope you can gain ground on your fellow top-tenners....
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 05:25 AM   #29
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex
So he IS playing in Miami!!! Good , because although I am tremendously Happy that Federer finally beat Tim, and convincingly, i felt that there was something big missing in the tourney, and ofcourse that was David. I hope he can gain some serious points here, and avoid Safin for instance, because its likely he will play a top seed early on, and considering David's horrible record vs. his nemisis. Best of Luck to David
You've been horribly missed, so no more injuries. OK .
Safin - OMG - I hadn't thought about that possibility - thanks for reminding me Fedex Anyway - I agree wholeheartedly, - hope David has made sure he is 100% fit when he returns - and that this will be a (delayed) start for a great season.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #30
country flag jazz_girl

Oh please!!! That would be horrible! I wouldn't like to see him facing Safin, at least not in the second round...
I know I asked this a lot of times, but I'm confused, when is the draw out, today or on wednesday???