MIAMI - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default MIAMI

I'm sure that more than one of you wanted to start this thread but didn't because you were afraid to jinx it! Well, that's what happened to me, but I think it's safe to do it now cause David confirmed he will go to Miami.
He said that he'll go to the USA on wednesday to play there, and he won't play till friday or thursday, so now, more than ever:
VAMOS DAVID!!!!!!!
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 10:26 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MIAMI

I hope he has fully recovered from his injury and the result in Miami isn't important at all, just that his ankle and his health gets better, so he can do some damage in Belarus and later in the season.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #3
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he's a 100% ready to play, so he can focus on his matches and not worry about it at all. I think Miami is important is he wants to remain in the top ten, because since tomorrow he'll be N°9.
But I agree with you, he needs to be fit for Belarus, he's a very important player and I belive the team depends on him.
I hope this is the last injury we have to hear of, because he's been having very bad luck lately and wasn't able to play like we know he can.
J.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Jazz, I just got news of the DC squad for Belarus and I posted a new thread on it.

The rankings will sort themselves out later in the year, and as long as David can stay healthy and improve the mental side and win a tournament this year, the good ranking will happen.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
country flag jazz_girl

I hope you're right!
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #6
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, another positive thing is that after the DC, he will be playing on clay, which will be much better for his ankle than the hardcourt surfaces.

As long as he is 100% and if he wins a few matches then I am happy as I don't care about the result of this tournament, just get some practice for the DC and play into form as he will need to do better on clay this year as well.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #7
country flag jazz_girl

That's true, the clay season is coming, it's not his best surface, but as you said it won't be too hard for his ankle...
Old 03-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

He isn't that bad on the clay though losing to Coutelot at the French was horrendous.

Don't forget he beat Ferrero when he won Estoril and the first time I ever saw him play he made a final against Mantilla in Palermo, so he's far from rubbish on clay, it's just that perhaps he has to play a bit differently on the surface.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
country flag jazz_girl

Yeah, you're right. It depends on how you see it. If you compare David's game in clay with a hard surface, he's not that good, but he's not bad either.
But maybe he has an extra motivation this time in RG, he's been out of the courts for nearly a month so he's dying to play, and that's what he's been saying lately. Besides, he doesn't have points to defend there, so he'll do fine. Better than last year, that's for sure!
Old 03-21-2004, 11:15 AM   #10
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The motivation will be huge for him to atone those bad performances on clay in 03. See that's where he can make up some points that he missed out by not playing earlier events.

He will be fresh and that can be a good thing, and he lost to Safin 02 RG so that isn't a bad loss either. He just has to be prepared to be more patient when he is on the clay.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #11
country flag jazz_girl

Let's hope he has a good draw this year, and that he can give his best in the court. I really miss watching him play, I love his style!
The Miami draw will be out on Monday or Wednesday??
Old 03-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #12
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I think Monday I am not sure it's another one of these stupid 96 player draws. They should just have it 64, but you know everything has to be bigger and better in the USA.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 11:29 AM   #13
country flag jazz_girl

LOL! Ok, thanks!
All I know is that the main players will have a bye in the first round so they won't start playing till thursday or friday...
Old 03-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #14
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

I think there should be some support for him in Miami with the large Hispanic community there.

It will be interesting to see how he is training and I just hope the fans don't expect too much from him in this tournament.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-21-2004, 12:09 PM   #15
country flag jazz_girl

yes, you're right.