Scoring Thread - lets sit around and twiddle our thumbs - Page 293 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #4381
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoring Thread - Roland Garros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
How has this happened.. He just completely fell apart after the tie break? Back hurting?

No telling what his ranking will be going into the US open. If he even continues!
he more or less fell apart totally after a bad call in the tiebreak - it's true that the linesman was wrong on that point, but then levine also had a number of close calls and lived with them...and Marat should have been the more experienced player anyway. But then again, it's just the way he's always been.

he was not gonna win wimbledon anyway in his last year, so I it shouldn't really matter that he lost in the first round in his least fav slam one more time: it was in usual fashion, bit of tanking, bit of nerves and (tiny) bit of nice play...
yarina is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #4382
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

So sad.. He had such a nice draw... Was looking forward to at least 2 more matches. Oh well!
ad-out is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #4383
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

That was it? Three posts in a scoring thread still titled Roland Garros? Did anybody even get to see the match?

Oh to leave like this, virtually unnoticed, is just sad.
Should I dare to watch 'Today at Wimbledon'..?

Poor Mawat
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #4384
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post

That was it? Three posts in a scoring thread still titled Roland Garros? Did anybody even get to see the match?

Oh to leave like this, virtually unnoticed, is just sad.
Should I dare to watch 'Today at Wimbledon'..?

Poor Mawat
I watched it, but as I said above, there's not much to say about it, really...there was no big drama, no big tennis either. But I do have the feeling this becomes expected for everyone as this stage, maybe even Marat included:

"Well, it's the last year. But just I'm gonna ‑‑ my last trips to the places that I really like, I chose the tournaments this way. Why not? Still in shape. I'm probably in the best shape I ever could be. Taking care of myself. Still not winning a lot of matches, but still here. So I'm mentally strong.

It's still nice to come for the last time to the tournaments.
"
yarina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #4385
country flag Sheepy

Sheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond reputeSheepy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
I saw it, kind of wish I hadn't. That was just too, too depressing. How ignominious an exit for a player of his calibre; out to a qualifier in the first round late in the day on court 18. Sums up his Wimbledon career by and large, sadly. That awful line call in the tie break probably just confirmed his thinking that grass/Wimbledon isn't for him - i.e. everything against him, first bounces, then calls, etc.

Anyway, just sad. Marat

Now I'm off to go and wipe that match from my memory bank.

Jonas Björkman
Sheepy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #4386
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruVzla View Post
I just go to the link and the video it's there, I've never been asked for a code. Maybe you're being requested a code cause you're on the States?
It must be justin.tv thing and viewers per country in this moment. I got that too and managed to see 2 minutes from the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
I'm afraid he's gonna lose it now... that wrong call in the TB made him lose his mind, the set and now his serve...
In the moments I saw the commentators said that the line judge was changed. Is that true?
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #4387
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
In the moments I saw the commentators said that the line judge was changed. Is that true?
The wrong call, that I was referring to, was made by a different line judge in the tiebreak of the 3rd set.

But he had a conversation with Pascal Maria in the beginning of the 2nd set and the commentator said that Marat wanted this line judge to be replaced and that Maria agreed on this. But they didn't change him, so I'm not quite sure if he really asked for it or if it was just the commentator guessing...I thought he was "just" complaining. But I might be mistaken.
rica87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #4388
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #4389
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The wrong call, that I was referring to, was made by a different line judge in the tiebreak of the 3rd set.

But he had a conversation with Pascal Maria in the beginning of the 2nd set and the commentator said that Marat wanted this line judge to be replaced and that Maria agreed on this. But they didn't change him, so I'm not quite sure if he really asked for it or if it was just the commentator guessing...I thought he was "just" complaining. But I might be mistaken.
The linesmen Marat (and also Jesse Levine) complained about and that Pascal Maria said he would replace at the beginning of the second set was the one on the serve line. A couple of serves were miscalled and even Pascal Maria overrulled one. So he did change that linesman. The one from the tie-break call was on the far outer line. And Jesse Levine kept asking for the balls back when a ball was called out on several different lines just to check if there was chalk on it. It seems the whole linesman team was not very good and both players couldn't trust the calls.
Meliana is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #4390
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoring Thread - This used to be Wimby

at the thread title, RIP Wimby...
amdany is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #4391
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-...dish-open.html

heja Marat!
rica87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #4392
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
for the link ...

Vamos, Marat!
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #4393
country flag AnnieNik

It's over

6-3 7-6 (8-6). My view is that he couldn't get accustomed to the court in the first. He was stable in the second, but had some UE and the BH was shaky.
In the tie-break at 6-6 he pointed to the crowd - was Peter there?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #4394
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

Marat's goodbye is a bloomin' monologue Suave as ever Guess he wants to win his first match at Bastad as a vet

AnnieNik- Marat said he 'choked a little bit' at the end

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #4395
country flag wei_yoshi

wei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
It's over

6-3 7-6 (8-6). was stable in the second, but had some UE and the BH was shaky.
yup.. he loss at quite a few easy points..
i rushed back and started to watch 5:5 second set...
actually Marat did had a few good point, esp his first point in tie break.. but a lot of easy missing..
so..

is that it's the 1st after match interview inside the court in this year..even he lost?
it's quite surprise to see..
when he was asked 'what memory in your tennis life' (sort of)..
his answer, 'not many to win,..but lot of losses..'
wei_yoshi is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread