Scoring Thread - lets sit around and twiddle our thumbs - Page 290 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #4336
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoring Thread - Roland Garros

worst case scenario. dunno what to say... pure sadness.
rica87 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #4337
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's better to lose in a match where at least he played some great tennis (at the end) than lose in three to Gonzo? (trying to be positive here )

Honestly I couldn't see him winning R3 anyway.

People still can't believe this is gonna be his last year, can they? All the commentators I heard are like 'probably his last year', 'this might have been the last match we've seen of Marat',.. etc

DENIAL
???
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #4338
country flag Remy

Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff View Post
i was hoping that fate will repay him for all these nasty losses but not today
I know I was so hoping today would be the day..
Remy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #4339
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle View Post
Maybe it's better to lose in a match where at least he played some great tennis (at the end) than lose in three to Gonzo? (trying to be positive here )

Honestly I couldn't see him winning R3 anyway.

People still can't believe this is gonna be his last year, can they? All the commentators I heard are like 'probably his last year', 'this might have been the last match we've seen of Marat',.. etc

DENIAL
???
He almost definitely would have lost to Gonzo in 3, but of course it would have been better had he won today...

Anyway, I think it's still better at least that he did not lose this match in three sets, with the French crowd booing him: anyway, I have to have a few more grey hairs after this match

And to be fair, I think Ouanna sort of deserved to win this match: he had way more occassions than marat in the last set and he did lead by two sets to love afterall, and and...I have more to say but will stop here - the match is finished anyway.
yarina is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #4340
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Ulla, I agree

Maybe I have low expectations these days. But Marat played and tried to win, despite not being his day on court.
I stopped watching after the second set - just couldn't take it anymore. I am proud that he didn't lose 6-2 6-1 6-2, and I am happy to see him running and trying.

I really hope the fate will repay him at Wimbledon. His efforts deserve gratification.
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #4341
country flag wei_yoshi

wei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond reputewei_yoshi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post

Anyway, I think it's still better at least that he did not lose this match in three sets, with the French crowd booing him
wei_yoshi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #4342
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

Ruddy oaf made me HOPE !

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #4343
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarina View Post
He almost definitely would have lost to Gonzo in 3, but of course it would have been better had he won today...

Anyway, I think it's still better at least that he did not lose this match in three sets, with the French crowd booing him:
anyway, I have to have a few more grey hairs after this match

And to be fair, I think Ouanna sort of deserved to win this match: he had way more occassions than marat in the last set and he did lead by two sets to love afterall, and and...I have more to say but will stop here - the match is finished anyway.
So true. After the second set, with his balls going all over the picture, the crowd booing him, and his bad stats regarding the 2 sets down start, I thought that was the worst way to say goodbye to RG
I was so glad to see he wasn't giving up. He fought, and he showed he really wanted it. It's been such a long time since we last saw him hold his fists like that!!!!!!!!!! I loved it, I'm sad (and I have to admit one or two tears may have dropped when I saw him wave at the crowd and disappear in the tunnel) but I'm also so proud of him. Thank you so much Marat for what you've done today

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #4344
country flag MaruVzla

MaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond reputeMaruVzla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
I was so glad to see he wasn't giving up. He fought, and he showed he really wanted it. It's been such a long time since we last saw him hold his fists like that!!!!!!!!!! I loved it, I'm sad (and I have to admit one or two tears may have dropped when I saw him wave at the crowd and disappear in the tunnel) but I'm also so proud of him.
The livestream decided to switch to football, So I didn't get the last few minutes of the match, I hope that makes it to youtube.
well I wanted to see him in another match but I was glad to see him fight.
To be a Marat fan...
MaruVzla is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #4345
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
So true. After the second set, with his balls going all over the picture, the crowd booing him, and his bad stats regarding the 2 sets down start, I thought that was the worst way to say goodbye to RG
I was so glad to see he wasn't giving up. He fought, and he showed he really wanted it. It's been such a long time since we last saw him hold his fists like that!!!!!!!!!! I loved it, I'm sad (and I have to admit one or two tears may have dropped when I saw him wave at the crowd and disappear in the tunnel) but I'm also so proud of him. Thank you so much Marat for what you've done today
well said! the fist pumps and the grunting were amazing! I loved how he pushed himself! that was a hell of a match! to lose 8-10 in the 5th is painful but I'm proud of him aswell. I cannot believe that this was his last Roland Garros...
rica87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #4346
country flag Remy

Remy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond reputeRemy has a reputation beyond repute

I loved it when he kissed the net at some point during the 5th set.. and yea haven't seen him so pumped up in a long time..loved it.
Remy is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #4347
country flag Diana_rom

Diana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond reputeDiana_rom has a reputation beyond repute

The score shows he really wanted to win,but at the end of the day it's still a game,we all knew he wasn't gone get too far,his tennis style doesen't suit Roland Garros's surface.I still have the hope to see him in Roland Garroswatching Dinara in the final
Diana_rom is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #4348
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaruVzla View Post
The livestream decided to switch to football, So I didn't get the last few minutes of the match, I hope that makes it to youtube.
well I wanted to see him in another match but I was glad to see him fight.
To be a Marat fan...
Keep an eye on t3nnis.tv, I'm pretty sure there'll be a torrent of this epic match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
well said! the fist pumps and the grunting were amazing! I loved how he pushed himself! that was a hell of a match! to lose 8-10 in the 5th is painful but I'm proud of him aswell. I cannot believe that this was his last Roland Garros...
I know! I was almost thinking we'd never see those again, or at least not so many, not with this intensity. He really went for it. That's what makes the defeat even more painful actually. But I prefer him to leave this way than losing in 3 with the crowd booing etc; this would have made me mad, not proud.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM   #4349
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_rom View Post
The score shows he really wanted to win,but at the end of the day it's still a game,we all knew he wasn't gone get too far,his tennis style doesen't suit Roland Garros's surface.
He partly grew up playing on clay, and some of his past results proved you wrong already
Quote:
I still have the hope to see him in Roland Garroswatching Dinara in the final
not gonna happen. Even if she makes it to the final, he knows he wouldn't help her at all sitting in the box. And since she asked her mother to leave the box last year, just imagine what it'd be with her big brother, winner of 2 GS titles, and who she admires so much... she doesn't need extra pressure, I think she's demanding enough with herself the way it is.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #4350
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Marat takes pride in giving the crowd an entertaining match, anyway. He has said it so many times that win or lose, he wants to please the crowd and give them what they paid for... her certainly achieved that goal. I can't get those chest pumps out of my head, it was glorious to see him like that, and tells me that he has a fire still under that cute little ass...