The "Bye bye Davis Cup, we will miss you..." 2007 DC Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #46
country flag mariana.ml

mariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond reputemariana.ml has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "We are going to lose our Cup in Chile! WOOT!" 2007 DC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
oh, pleaese. They kept on asking about DC and Kolya didn't want to talk about it so he just said something, the first that came to mind. It's the same as with his 'nobody cares' statement. You read too much into it.
I guess I did read too much onto it...Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
I hope Kolya didn't mean it to come across that way (if, of course, he actually said it) but I have to say when I first read the comment that's what I thought!
I hope he didn't mean it, too.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #47
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
we're going to win the playoffs in september!!!!!!

It's da "optipenny"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagarota View Post
Considering the number of injuries and the players' shortage, I'd make an exception and allow girls in this DC tie.
The audience would be ecstatic!
Marat and Sharpy for doubles!
Marat and pouf.........The girl would get a tennisball served, top speed, by Marat, in her mouth at the first grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Tarpi can ask me to play dubs with Marat anyday
As we will be there anyway
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #48
country flag ClubFed

ClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond reputeClubFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir View Post

Marat and pouf.........The girl would get a tennisball served, top speed, by Marat, in her mouth at the first grunt
That would shut her up.

Well, since Russi isn't gonna win anyway, I hope it turns into the ehibition-like atmoshpere of the Hopman Cup championship. .....Although I can't really see Marat shoving tennis balls up his chest. Who knows, he might come up with something funnier.

"Tennis players are such hoes. It's embarassing." -MarieS
ClubFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #49
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

no no noooo.....they can't tank. they have to *cough*try*cough* to win. marat lost enough money paying fines in aussieland ya know anymore fines and his grandkids wouldn't even have that apartment/house.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #50
country flag *Viva Chile*

*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute*Viva Chile* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
no no noooo.....they can't tank. they have to *cough*try*cough* to win. marat lost enough money paying fines in aussieland ya know anymore fines and his grandkids wouldn't even have that apartment/house.
Hi to all!!
Considering Marat is arriving at Chile in January 28th and Marcelo Rios withdrew from Viña del Mar tournament... there's a posibility that tournament officials offers the WC originally gift at Rios to Marat (and obviously the good amount of $$$$$$$$ of guarantees that they were going to pay at him), and officials don't want to give the WC to another chilean player... I think is not a bad idea, if he acepts, Marat doesn't need to take too seriously before DC match, 2 matches for training on clay are assured, and some more money isn't bad.

What do you think? it's just an HIPPOtethical situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Take that you bitch. In your face. And to top it off her son, Novak went out in the 3rd round, has been leapfrogged by Murray in the rankings and is only a little bit ahead off Juan Martin In yo face, biatch.
*Viva Chile* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 AM   #51
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Why not? Might help him getting more comfortable with the clay courts before the tie. Dima was also supposed to play in Vina but he had to withdraw because of his wrist. Maybe Marat can take over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #52
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, VivaChile, it's definitely possible Marat would take the WC to Vina del Mar if they offer it.
Is Rios injured?
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #53
country flag chiyako

chiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond reputechiyako has a reputation beyond repute

Russia still have more chance to win than Italy to get finally to win the playoffs. We might be so lucky to meet again Spain!

"I still have to give back to tennis, for what tennis gave to me!" - MARAT

FORZA AZZURRI!!! Everywhere...Anyhwere I'm with you!
chiyako is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #54
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he's not out. He wasn't going to play.

for some reason.

They might actually win, if there's a miracle. And i believe in miracles.

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #55
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

I've read that Korolev's reason is more or less the same as Kolay's and Misha's...
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #56
country flag Lossi

Lossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vass View Post
for some reason.

They might actually win, if there's a miracle. And i believe in miracles.
...Vass, is that you?

Are you sick, do you have a fever? Or is that sleep deprivation talking?

kirkicica: Where is the turn on button on Nole?
Mila:
Jess: I know where!
Jess:
kirkicica: Would someone click it please?
Jess: Oh gladly.
kirkicica: Not THAT one.
Lossi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #57
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to be more mad about, that others dicided to take care of themselves (which I support) ot that Marat decided to play
Old 01-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #58
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've read that Korolev's reason is more or less the same as Kolay's and Misha's...
I heard he is injured...he wouldn't have withdrawn from Vina del Mar without a reason right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #59
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
I heard he is injured...he wouldn't have withdrawn from Vina del Mar without a reason right?
the reasons can be different but this it irrelevant anyway
Old 01-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #60
country flag Lossi

Lossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond reputeLossi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know what to be more mad about, that others dicided to take care of themselves (which I support) ot that Marat decided to play
After thinking about it, I guess I can see both sides. I don't think either side is wrong, but the fact that there are players on either side opens the debate

If no one wanted to play because they wanted to look after themselves, we'd probably accept that. If they all decided to play, again I think we'd accept that.

Maybe this will help Marat, he's playing American tournaments after DC and you never know, it could give him some rhythm before playing Indian Wells and Miami

kirkicica: Where is the turn on button on Nole?
Mila:
Jess: I know where!
Jess:
kirkicica: Would someone click it please?
Jess: Oh gladly.
kirkicica: Not THAT one.
Lossi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote