Tim over Andy 6-7, 7-6, 6-3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Dynasty

Dynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these partsDynasty is infamous around these parts
Talking Tim over Andy 6-7, 7-6, 6-3

Congrats Tim!!
Dynasty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #2
Nobody's Perfecc

Nobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond reputeNobody's Perfecc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim over Andy 6-7, 7-6, 6-3

Well done, Tim!

I was going to make a topic out of this but, does anyone else find Patrick McEnroe's "dropper/slicer/cutter" thing grating to the ears? Seriously, whenever he does that I check to see if my ears are bleeding.
Nobody's Perfecc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
ace4lleykim

ace4lleykim will become famous soon enough

that was a great match... beautiful drop shots... whew
ace4lleykim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #4
shaoyu

shaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond repute

I start to appreciate Tim's fine attacking all court game (not to mention the volley part)! Great job and now it's up to Roger to make our dream final come true!
shaoyu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #5
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

even had fuckin matchpoint way to go Andy now Tim better not flake out in the semis now.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:55 PM   #6
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Tim over Andy 6-7, 7-6, 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
even had fuckin matchpoint way to go Andy now Tim better not flake out in the semis now.
Why? You don't think that Labadze-Agassi would be an AWESOME final?

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #7
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

oh for sure, i'd tape that match and never leave it out of my sight rebecca

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #8
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I'd add it to my collection of Agassi-Labadze classics

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:09 AM   #9
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Great match, and it really summed up Henman's strengths and weaknesses. You could say he was lucky to scrape through after again saving a matchpoint, but frankly he was the better player throughout and could have won in two comfortable sets had he taken all his chances, he was up a break in both the first two sets. But what impressed me was how he put it all behind him, responded to being matchpoint down with three good first serves, and then didn't allow Roddick a point on his serve in the breaker - that's the second 7-1 tiebreak he's won against him.

Roddick eventually handed the break over with that tame smash, but I thought the point that really summed the match up and decided it all was that terrific return winner from Henman to get to 0-40. And he was brilliant around the net, I think the crowd really were appreciative of a great performance when they applauded him at the end. Roddick, as the presenters on Sky pointed out, has to rethink his tactics because despite it working so successfully against Safin he barely serve-volleyed at all against Henman, and it cost him on a couple of big points where he could have knocked away the volley.

I want that Federer-Henman final now, and if Henman continues his dominance over Federer... all the better! Especially since he's already lost one final here at IW. Who would have thought that the one player whom both Roddick and Federer fans are united in worrying about when he faces their favourite would be Henman?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:15 AM   #10
country flag undomiele

undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute

Henman finally has pulled all his eggs into one basket. The way he emotionally handled this game --much calmer and cooler than in the old days-- has definitely paid off. Im sure federer is quaking in his sneakers!

Last edited by undomiele : 03-20-2004 at 12:56 AM.
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:20 AM   #11
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Timbo

This title is his.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 AM   #12
country flag undomiele

undomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond reputeundomiele has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the commentator was saying that in every tournament roddick and henman met so far, the winner of the two ended up taking the title. Its certainly possible now --especially if Feds makes it to the final. Go Tim!
undomiele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #13
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by undomiele
Yeah the commentator was saying that in every tournament roddick and henman met so far, the winner of the two ended up taking the title. Its certainly possible now --especially if Feds makes it to the final. Go Tim!
Yup that is true...
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #14
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

I am very impressed. Tim's play at the net is just fantastic. In fact I thought he played most things at very high standard and had mixed up his game more rather than just serves and volley all the time. I thought he was great in Paris but today even better. But I almost thought this is gonna be a match when he will come out as the loser despite playing great after his inability to hold on to the lead in 1st 2 sets. But he actually proved me wrong, really well done.

And Andy does deserves his credit for bringing Tim to play his best to beat him. As disappointed as he must be, he gave a very warm handshake to Tim at the net and said few good words too. Great match!

If Fed managed to go pass Andre tomorrow, I hope he gets to see a bit of Tim's performance today.
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:35 AM   #15
asotgod

asotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond reputeasotgod has a reputation beyond repute

Federer need not quake or get worried. He will get Tim this time. He will silence all oppositions once he passes Agassi. So, there is no need to get worried at all. As a fan of Roger, I am happy I will be able to get to watch him play live against Henman and see what exactly the problem is. But, I am positive Federer will handle him much better this time and deal with him.
asotgod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote