The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread! - Page 75 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #1111
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread!

Well he lost. Too bad he couldn't win the 2nd set at least.

I think Darren Cahill said during the match that Bernard was planning to play around 24 tournaments this season.
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #1112
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
Well he lost. Too bad he couldn't win the 2nd set at least.

I think Darren Cahill said during the match that Bernard was planning to play around 24 tournaments this season.
yeah he plans to play a full schedule this year and if he does being in the top 100 at the end of the year is not out of the question.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #1113
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Bernard was great. very proud of him.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #1114
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

Post match interview:
Quote:
Q. Looked pretty encouraging. How did it look for you?
BERNARD TOMIC: Great. Played a wonderful match. The experience that I had, it was great today. You know, I played really good in that second set, felt really good. But overall the way I played I'm happy with where my level was and where I need to improve.

Q. What did you learn about what you need to improve specifically?

BERNARD TOMIC: Definitely when I get up 4 Love. That's one (laughter).

But he's a very competitive player. You know, I thought it was over at 4 Love. You know, just shows how much he can come back. Against these guys, especially in the top 10, you can't afford to lose concentration. That's the important part.

You know, physically wise he's a machine. He just wears you down. That's where, you know, I'm going to need to improve on in the next few years. I'm improving on that since the last year and the year before. It's getting better for me physical wise. I think there's a lot more to improve on like that.

The way I'm hitting the ball, I can't say I'm not hitting it good, I'm hitting it really good.

Q. Do you think you've given other players a bit of a blueprint the way you managed to test him?

BERNARD TOMIC: Well, uhm, I don't know about that. These players have seen him a lot. Can't just rate it on my match. I can definitely say the players that play him, the guys that give him a lot of time, that's his weapon. The guys that give him a lot of time are the guys that are not going to do so well against him. He's unbelievable when there's a lot of time around him. The only way to beat him is step up and hit the ball hard, go for your shots.

But rallying wise, if you rally with him a lot, he's going to drain you out. He's too fast, too quick.

Q. Did he say anything to you after?

BERNARD TOMIC: He says, Very good play, keep working hard in the future. That's something I'll take from a player like that. He's a true champion. Very nice to get that advice from him.

Q. What tournaments have you got coming up? Take it as it comes?

BERNARD TOMIC: I don't know. I'll see the schedule. I'm definitely going to go to America and play more of the big tournaments. You know, I don't have a lot to defend now till the middle of the year. I can get my ranking up. Always worried me defending my points down in Australia because I always have like 130 points to defend. That's going to be my biggest task. I've defended a fair few. I can focus on building my points up and ranking until the end of the year.

Q. Is top hundred a goal this year?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah. I think absolutely, if I play well, you know, I'll definitely be in the top hundred. If I'm healthy during the year and I play a lot of tournaments, there's no doubt about it, I can break the top hundred.

Q. In hindsight, should you have played more last year?

BERNARD TOMIC: Yeah, I should have. You know, I spent a lot of time in Europe, for two and a half months. I think I played the wrong tournaments. That's why when I came back to Australia, it was tough for me to go back to Europe again, back to America. I gave a lot of time between Wimbledon and the US Open where I didn't play any tournaments. That gap, I'll play more tournaments. That's what I need. I know where my level is at now. It's just getting my points to get in the top hundred.

Q. Before the match you were waiting in the corridor for Rafa to come out. Was that quite difficult to be waiting around?

BERNARD TOMIC: No, no problem. He has his thing. Didn't really bother me.

Q. There's been a lot of hype about you this week, particularly the last couple of days. What have you done to chill out, take your mind off it?

BERNARD TOMIC: Uhm, well, you know, I tried to sleep last night. I couldn't till about 1. It was very hard for me. But I've been relaxing in my hotel. This is a very big match for me. As much relaxing as I could have got, I needed it.

I'm happy the way I played again. You know, I've learnt a lot.
Pictures:

Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #1115
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic-Chardy.Australian.Open.2011.1st (10 parts)

was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #1116
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

how will his ranking grow after the AO?=)

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 AM   #1117
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
how will his ranking grow after the AO?=)
Another 45 points, so he'll move up to around 182 from 199. I expect in one of the next three challengers he'll win, to defend the points he got in Burnie last year, and probably pick up some more in the other 2.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #1118
country flag RogerGas

RogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond reputeRogerGas has a reputation beyond repute

What's the next tour in his schedule?
RogerGas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #1119
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerGas View Post
What's the next tour in his schedule?
He's scheduled to play Caloundra, but I would imagine he wants to play Burnie too, to try and defend those points.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #1120
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

he should play burnie, yeah =S

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #1121
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #1122
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

And I'd like to add I really like Tomic, I was impressed when I seen him play Rafa. I've liked him for a while , but at that point I hadn't seen his game and now I have I like him even more. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for him.
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #1123
country flag Givenchy

Bernard will be playing the Burnie challenger, he got a WC:

http://burnieinternational.com.au/in...yers&Itemid=45
Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #1124
country flag Givenchy

Burnie draw:

[5] Lukas ROSOL (CZE) vs QUALIFIER
Ivo KLEC (SVK) vs QUALIFIER
Samuel GROTH (AUS) vs [WC] Bernard TOMIC (AUS)
Matthew EBDEN (AUS) vs [3] Grega ZEMLJA (SLO)
Old 01-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #1125
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic-Lopez.Australian.Open.2011.2nd.incomplete (5 parts)

Nadal-Tomic.Australian.Open.2011.3rd (14 parts)

were added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote