The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Bernard Tomic Cheering Thread!

Making a thread on Bernard Tomic as he makes his junior Grand Slam debut at the 2007 aussie open.

Congrats Bernard, he has made major strides in the last two years. Some beleive he is ahead of Lleyton Hewitt at the same age.

I suspect him to turn pro in the next two years and be playing Davis Cup not long after.

Tomic Bio:

Birth Date: 21/10/1992
Birth Place: Stuttgart, Germany
Residence: Gold Coast, Australia
Nationality: Australia
Weight: 55kg
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)
Favourite Surface: Grass
Coach: -
Age Started Tennis: 7
Personal Interests: Soccer, table tennis, basketball

Last edited by Matchu : 01-19-2007 at 04:52 AM.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Bernard Tomic" Cheering Thread!

Just thought a couple of you might want to know what he looks like so heres some pics

Bernard with fellow Queenslander Pat Rafter
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Matchu for starting this thread, i read an article about Bernard from my local tennis magazine...
his parents come from Germany

he is cute.
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
country flag Matchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19 View Post
Thanks Matchu for starting this thread, i read an article about Bernard from my local tennis magazine...
his parents come from Germany

he is cute.
lol as does he, he was born in Stuttgart but I don't start thinking he will play for Germany, He wants to play Davis Cup for Australia he has said and wants to be the youngest ever to play for Aussie.

And as I'm aware he also has Croatian roots.

I'm very anxicous to see how he handles a Junior Grand Slam.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I once played Bernard when he was 9 and i was 11. I lost 6-2. Even then, Bernard knew exactly what to do with the ball, was extremely consistent and had a great court presence. I tip him to make the ATP Top 10 (at least)!!
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 AM   #6
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
lol as does he, he was born in Stuttgart but I don't start thinking he will play for Germany, He wants to play Davis Cup for Australia he has said and wants to be the youngest ever to play for Aussie.

And as I'm aware he also has Croatian roots.

I'm very anxicous to see how he handles a Junior Grand Slam.
Yep, He moved to Australia when he was a little baby, so no doubt he will play for Aussie, and Glad he looks so cute and kind, nicer than Mr.C'mon.
He has Croatian roots?

I am looking forward to see him play in the court and some day against Llyton.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #7
country flag Cindy19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
I once played Bernard when he was 9 and i was 11. I lost 6-2. Even then, Bernard knew exactly what to do with the ball, was extremely consistent and had a great court presence. I tip him to make the ATP Top 10 (at least)!!
What about you? are you still playing tennis?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
country flag Matchu

Bernard played a warm up tournament in Melbourne a couple of days ago,
defeated Peerakit Siributwong of Thailand 6-3 6-3, but was defeated at the hands of the world number 12 Matteo Trevisan of Italy 6-4 6-3.

Thats a good result coming into a Grand Slam against a top 20 player.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:11 AM   #9
country flag Cindy19

Not sure, i heard his parents were teacher.
Is he also good at clay?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
country flag Matchu

Quote:
Not sure, i heard his parents were teacher.
Is he also good at clay?
He has entered four ITF 18/u clay tournaments and gotten into the second round in three and third round in one. He definetly plays better on hard than clay but says his favorite surface is grass.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:28 AM   #11
country flag Cindy19

Hey You know him a lot.

I just read an article about him, i can not find the magainze recently, when i found it i will take a pic for it, but it is in Chinese.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #12
country flag Matchu

Quote:
Hey You know him a lot.

I just read an article about him, i can not find the magainze recently, when i found it i will take a pic for it, but it is in Chinese.
I've been following his career for a while now about 2 years as we both live in the Gold Coast. I entered a tournament a couple of years ago and Bernard was the number 1 seed and won the final 6-0 6-0.

Anyway that would be great if you could put some pics up of the magazine article, maybe we could get a Chinese person on this forum to translate for us.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #13
country flag Cindy19

Here is the pix

well, I am Chinese
Old 01-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #14
country flag Matchu

Quote:
Here is the pix

well, I am Chinese
sorry I thought you were German from your flag being germany, would you mind translating I would love to know what the chinese think of him it's great to see him getting exposure overseas.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #15
country flag Cindy19

Ok, but you have to stand my English and it costs time to do that