NFL - Conference Championships - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
bad gambler

Cool NFL - Conference Championships

Early odds:

Code:
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS	+2	
CHICAGO BEARS	        -2	

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS	+3
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS	-3
I definitely overrated the Bears against the Seahawks, but they are laying points to the Saints? I'm shocked.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL - Conference Championships

home field advantage bg.

but seriously the nfc doenst matter, get your New England to win the super bowl bet in now so you will have some value instead of laying a td in the sb!

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMaster View Post
home field advantage bg.
Home field advantage? What advantage?

Divisional playoffs, road team were a perfect 4-0 ATS

I had them to make the superbowl and nothing has changed, Vegas can shove those points, Saints ML for me
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree, Saints win this game, just saying home field advantage warents a few points in every sport, Good Luck Saints should roll the Bears

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
bad gambler

And if Colts can't beat the Pats, Manning will never make it to the big one in his career
Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
country flag mercurial

mercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond reputemercurial has a reputation beyond repute

Home field advantage automatically warrants 3 points.

Combine this with the fact that dome teams are 11-37 in outdoor playoff games, and early forecasts predicting possible snow showers, and Chicago are 8-1 at home this season, the one loss coming in a nothing game against the Pack. So this probably adds another 2 to the line.

If this were played on neutral ground I'd probably expect to see NO as 4 or 5 point favourites, and therefore see this one as a PK or Chicago as 1 point favourites.

Chicago opened at -3 at most places, before coming in to 1-1.5 favourites, and are beginning to be pushed out toward -2 or -2.5.

After this morning's game I was in line to take the Saints SU, but indecision and the aforementioned line movements have so far left me without a bet. Rex sucks, clearly, but got it done today. Can the Saints blitz well enough to ruin him? No, in my opinion. I though the Bears' defensive line was fairly good when it counted today, and I am not sure how Brees, Bush, McAllister and co will cope if Soldier Field gets true January weather.

I see Average Joe Public jumping all over the Saints this week, so I will wait to see if Chicago approach -1 or even PK later in the week. Leaning toward the Bears.
mercurial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
And if Colts can't beat the Pats, Manning will never make it to the big one in his career
Totally agree
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #8
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
Home field advantage automatically warrants 3 points.

Combine this with the fact that dome teams are 11-37 in outdoor playoff games, and early forecasts predicting possible snow showers, and Chicago are 8-1 at home this season, the one loss coming in a nothing game against the Pack. So this probably adds another 2 to the line.

If this were played on neutral ground I'd probably expect to see NO as 4 or 5 point favourites, and therefore see this one as a PK or Chicago as 1 point favourites.

Chicago opened at -3 at most places, before coming in to 1-1.5 favourites, and are beginning to be pushed out toward -2 or -2.5.
Yeah I should have clarified when I said I was suprised to see Bears laying points. I also work off a 3 point home ground advantage, so if you take the Saints as being saying a FG favourite in a neutral venue, at worst I expected this to be a straight pk'em game. Mind you there is a week still to go for that to happen so the line may correct itself in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
After this morning's game I was in line to take the Saints SU, but indecision and the aforementioned line movements have so far left me without a bet. Rex sucks, clearly, but got it done today. Can the Saints blitz well enough to ruin him? No, in my opinion. I though the Bears' defensive line was fairly good when it counted today, and I am not sure how Brees, Bush, McAllister and co will cope if Soldier Field gets true January weather.

I see Average Joe Public jumping all over the Saints this week, so I will wait to see if Chicago approach -1 or even PK later in the week. Leaning toward the Bears.
Bears were horribly exposed today against a banged up Seahawks OL and WR corp yet they were able to move the ball at will, Rexy proved again why he is clearly the worst QB of all the teams that were in the post season. Continually getting rushed and was a turnover waiting to happen. I had money on the Bears and cringed everytime the pill was in his hands.

Hasselbeck also had his way against the Bears secondary today.

IMO Bears better hope for a snowstorm come Sunday
Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
country flag flmmkrz

flmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond repute

I like the bears and Indy this weekend

While the legend that is Brady continues to grow they got lucky to get past an inexperienced chargers team, they were the 2nd best team on the field to me yesterday. Indys battle tested and Sanders has given the defense some swagger. Go figure the year that everyone wanted to count the colts out as superbowl contenders is the year they're gonna win it imo.

Re: the bears. Where yesterday much of the public saw the bears exposed I think the opposite. Hawks came in almost daring them to continue throwing deep as they were playing cloud coverage most of the day and hoping Rex would shoot himself in the foot and for the most part he played smart football. Hawks have serious playmakers at linebacker in JP, Hill and Lofa so he was seeing blitzes all game long and the chances for him to self destruct were there but props to him he did enough to get the w. While the saints are healthier they don't have anything on defense that is going to scare the bears. The secondary for the saints is prolly the same calibre as the back ups seattle trotted onto the field and their linebackers can't compare. The bears offense will have time to throw and when Rex has time he tends to be on point, Saints are also terrible against the run so the jones/benson combo should find itself very useful again. On offense I believe the saints will have trouble. Especially if Horn isn't ready to go. The bears are big strong and tackle incredibly well. Bush will get nowhere on these guys hes not big or physical enough and he gets a lot of yards off missed tackles and his escapability the bears just wrap up too well. Of the 2 Deuce should have more running room as the hawks exposed the weakness in the inside running game but with Brown the strength of the saints running game is off left tackle so its not an ideal running situation for the saints. Not having the crowd and the dome like conditions will hurt them as well. Like I believed for the chargers last weekend, the saints aren't ready to win yet, they're a bit away from that and a few players on defense away from it. Nice story but they're overmatched here in my opinion.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #10
country flag Nitefaery

Nitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond reputeNitefaery has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Indy and Chicago, as does Vegas. The lines are pretty much where they should be. Chicago -2 and Indy -3. To me you can't count anyone out here. The saints are playing incredible this year and the patriots are always in contention. The colts have weaknesses that the pats will exploit. Chicago can handle the saints offense but I think the saints can handle the bears offense as well. It's all up in the air here really but I do like the NE/IND Over 47.
Nitefaery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:21 AM   #11
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Get on Dungy n the Boys,SuperBowl here they come!!!
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 AM   #12
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #13
bad gambler

Two for me this weekend:

Saints to beat Bears - $2.20

Colts to cover -3 v Pats - $1.91
(biggest post season play for me)

good luck

Last edited by bad gambler : 01-21-2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Odds change
Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #14
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

Saints with the football points for me

Leaning on the Colts as well
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #15
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
Agree, this is probably the year for them to rest a few demons of the past

Rush defense has been unreal these payoffs so far, been the big difference
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote