Main cause of Murrays subpar 2014? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Main cause of Murrays subpar 2014?

Loss of motivation (basqueing in Wimbledon 2013 glory) 8 15.38%
Recovering from back Surgery 23 44.23%
Coaching 4 7.69%
Combination of all 3 17 32.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2014, 04:20 AM   #1
country flag Mentalmidget

Mentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond reputeMentalmidget has a reputation beyond repute
Default Main cause of Murrays subpar 2014?

What do you think?

I think the initial mistake was rushing back for the AO and not training and getting in match shape and being dead on his feet after 2 sets from January-May but also a lack of motivation to play and try his hardest in all events, Murray has got into a pattern in the last 2 years where he thinks he can just turn up at slams and play his best tennis and it has worked to some extent but he needs to start putting that effort in every week like he used to.

He played poorly against Dimitrov but his good performance in slams from 2012-2014 have only coated over his lack of effort in other tournaments when he seems disinterested sometimes, his appetite for slams only when he hadn't won one and had lost in 4 finals was understandable but now he's won 2 he needs to get back to grinding away week to week.

I would hope that his drop in ranking and brutal loss at Wimbledon inspires him to play properly in Torono/Cincy especially, i don't want to see another half arsed effort there before the USO.

Official asterisk judge of the illegitimate tournament win. *

Last edited by Mentalmidget : 07-03-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Mentalmidget is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #2
country flag DustMan

DustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond reputeDustMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Main cause of Murrays subpar 2014?

People can play tennis better than he can, and he loses to these people
DustMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #3
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

Back surgery. Next.

"It’s not just the athletic artistry that compels interest in tennis at the professional level. It’s also what this level requires -- what it’s taken for the one-hundredth-ranked player in the world to get there, what it takes to stay, what it would take to rise even higher against other men who’ve paid the same price number one hundred has paid." -- David Foster Wallace
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:15 AM   #4
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry Z. View Post
Back surgery. Next.
I wonder if it's as simple as that. He claims he feels 100% and he's had enough matches to get back into form.

I think the loss of Lendl has been the biggest factor that's affected all aspects of his game. In fact he appears to have regressed to the the pre-Lendl Ray in all his petulant and inconsistent glory.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #5
country flag Allegretto

Allegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond reputeAllegretto has a reputation beyond repute

Being arrogant enough to kick Lendl to the kerb, assuming he'd sucked all the knowledge out of his head and didn't need him any more. Replacing him with a worthless WTA mug for publicity purposes was the final nail in the coffin.
Allegretto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #6
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a combination of 2 and 3 (but not 1). He may have returned from back surgery too soon, then lost matches, then the coaching situation (at a point when he really could've used some help), then lost matches and it's snowballed to what happened today.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #7
country flag beotiger

beotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond reputebeotiger has a reputation beyond repute

What? It only seems subpar because Murphy's 2013 accomplishments were beyond rational human comprehension.
beotiger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #8
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

He skipped FO last year because of injury but was still able to get into form in a short time for wimbly and play like a beast. He's a mental mess because Whisperer Lendl cannot be found. Can't imagine the absolute culture shock he's experiencing now because of her needing to "rearrange" everything. They believe they do that so well.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 07-03-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #9
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

I guess life under Lendl is tough regime, he wants to get away from him as well. Its slack life under Mauresmo, Murray dislike to be worked.

He only starts to play tennis on breakpoints which is too late.
Houstonko is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #10
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

lack of talent

Pay your respects to the vultures....

Did you know: the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel?

Commiserations to the Fedturds
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #11
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
lack of talent
This

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
country flag mikkemus23

mikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond reputemikkemus23 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it`s a case of losing Lendl/back injury/being too satisfied after Wimby win, which together led to this situastion. He`ll have to dig deep to find his motivation to work as hard as he can at all times again.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
country flag TheRealNumberOne

TheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheRealNumberOne has a reputation beyond repute

His absence of talent and tennis capabilities exposed.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

He's already overachieved. Pushers shouldn't win slams.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
country flag 6-1 6-3 6-0
Banned!

6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute6-1 6-3 6-0 has a reputation beyond repute

Rafael Nadal mentally crushed andy murray at Rome 2014 and then hammered the nail into the coffin at Roland Garros. andy murray didn't even face a break point during their last meeting due to Rafael Nadal's sublime serving (76% first serves in for the match and won 91% behind it), and won almost twice as many points as andy murray in the match to go on to lead andy murray 15-5 in the h2h (and 7-2 in the slam h2h). That eats away at you. Didn't surprise me to see andy murray lose to grigor dimitrov. Losing to Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros in either one-sided defeats or 5th set losses can destroy a player's career (robin soderling is practically dead, roger federer is no longer a threat at most slams, dj hasn't won a slam since Roland Garros 2013, andy murray lost at his newfound pet slam).
6-1 6-3 6-0 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote