~~Interviews, articles of Tomas~~ - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #31
country flag valexie03

valexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~Interviews, articles of Tomas~~

Interesting article about Tomas http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1518518/
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #32
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting article I must say, very interesting. However the conclusion doesn't make any sense to me, the writer is making it seem like Tomas will never become the player he potentially should have been, which is pure BS to me.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #33
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Tenn...Interview.aspx

Tomas
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #34
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting, but honestly I hate that "pundit" style, doesn't even have to be about a player I like. Just this attitude that they know eternal, never-changing truths is enough to have me roll my eyes for half an hour afterwards
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #35
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

He's so cute in that interview
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #36
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, that was super cute!

A few days late, but an article by Steve Tignor after the Fed match: http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...e-breaker.html

Brownie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #37
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Biofile with Tomas Berdych

Published by Scoop Malinowski on April 2, 2010

Status: #16 seed at the Sony Ericsson in Miami is in the semifinals after defeating Federer and Verdasco in three set thrillers.

Ht: 6-5 Wt: 200

DOB: September 17, 1985 in Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic

Tennis Heroes/Inspirations: “If I have some heroes in tennis? No I don’t have any heroes, not in tennis, not in other kind of sports, nothing. I’m trying to play and be myself.”

Hobbies/Leisure Activities: “Yeah, of course my hobbies — if you are in pro tennis you don’t have much more time. So if it’s chance to go watch some good films, cinema, listening to some music. And I think for a tennis player the best is relaxing.”

Early Tennis Memory: “My father (Martin) told me when I was starting to play tennis I was always hitting the ball — not ever in the court [smiles]. But I hit the ball with the racquet not missing the ball. (At least) no missing the ball.”

Pre-Match Feeling: “Whew. I’m trying to concentrate for my match and feeling — sometimes I’m nervous, sometimes not, depends on which kind of match is it. So some special feeling? No I don’t have it.”

Favorite Meal: “I like a lot of different meals. But favorite…let’s say chicken and some pasta because for tennis you can eat some.”

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Chocolate.”

Favorite Movies: “I like the English name — three movies Lord Of The Rings. They were amazing, it was unbelievable.”

Musical Tastes: “I like a lot of the performers like Metallica, U2 and the style like this, not techno.”

Greatest Sports Moment: “Win in Paris Bercy (defeated Ljubicic in five sets in 2005). And of course beat Roger Federer at Olympic Games (2004).”

Most Painful Moment: “I don’t like to lose any match. So every match that I lose is painful.”

Favorite Tournament(s): “Outside the Grand Slams? Dubai. It’s a beautiful place. Something different. And it’s nice.”

Closest Tennis Friends: “Of course your kind of friend is you coach because you are spending a lot of time with your coach. And I think a lot of players in the tennis, you’re friends with everybody. But closest friend — I don’t have only one friend. But I have a lot of friends with the Czech.”

Funniest Player Encountered: “I don’t know. I don’t have any special just one who is the most funny.”

Toughest Competitors: “I have to say Roger. Of course the toughest match was with Roger in Australia because he’s the top player of the world and it was the toughest match for me, for this time.”

Favorite Vacation Spot: “I haven’t been there but I would like to go to Bora Bora.”

On Win Over Federer In Miami 6-4, 6-7(3), 7-6(6): “The match like this, to beat the No. 1 player in the world, the best player so far, you know, it’s great feeling, you know, just to go through. But still, it was not a final. There is another match waiting next day, another really tough opponent…I need to take all the positive things, all the confidence from this match and just go next for next match. Be ready for the other one. Then we can be let’s say talking it was good tournament with couple of good wins or something like that. But so far, yeah, extremely happy after that match. But I’m looking forward to next matches.”

“The last match before this one we played in Australia I was two sets up, so, you know, if we gonna play for just best of three sets, then I would win the match again. But that one was different, you know, best of five sets and at the Grand Slam. So, you know, he came strongly back and won that match, and he deserved it and played well. This one was another chance. I was trying to just go for it same as the match in Melbourne, and finally it happened.”

People Qualities Most Admired: “People has to be funny, fair and not be (like), Okay, you are good, good. And he goes to somebody else and says, Oh, he’s bad. And like this.”

http://thebiofile.com/2010/04/biofil...tomas-berdych/
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #38
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Thanks for posting that Eden!

He likes Metallica. He likes Lord of the Rings.

I think I likes this fellow.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #39
country flag Certinfy

U do like this fellow
Old 04-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #40
country flag Brownie

Brownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond reputeBrownie has a reputation beyond repute

Friday interview: http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Tenn...Interview.aspx

The amazing shot at 62 52(30-30): http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Tenn...-Hot-Shot.aspx

Old 04-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #41
country flag Certinfy

Thanks for those, that shot was just Basically sums up his 2 improvements this year for me, his movement and defense.

Last edited by Certinfy : 04-03-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #42
country flag Brownie

I know!! I thought, "there's no way he's winning this point" and then

Old 04-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #43
country flag Certinfy

Haha, same here.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #44
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

I think his movement is absolutely the same this year, we are just seeing him more. He has, for as long as I've followed him, so around 4 years, been very fast for someone his size. His defensive shots however, have improved.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #45
country flag Certinfy

Good point, but yesterday I remember Sky Sports asking him after the match about his movement and he did say he was trying to improve it or something like that . And yeah his defensive shots have defo improved