~~Interviews, articles of Tomas~~ - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:58 AM   #16
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~Interviews, articles of Tomas~~

Again from the June '07 Australian Tennis Magazine:

He Loves Lucy (still trying to figure out if this is a pun on the I love Lucy show or if it's a typo )

With his pleasant nature, good looks and impressive career, Tomas Berdych is the kind of guy you'd love to take home to Mum...but sorry girls, he's very much taken. For several years Berdych has been in a steady relationship with Lucie Safarova, a top 30 player on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

The couple, who first met as juniors ("I was maybe just 10 or 11 years old" says Berdych), is now one of the highest profile pairings in the game. Berdych says he has no problem with the fact that his relationship is such a public one.

"Always you can find some people that are nice (about it)" he says, before adding that sharing a relationship with another player has some distinct benefits. "I have to say that it's maybe better, that it's an advantage because we know each other and we know what tennis is. You know when you are travelling and you are not at home and you are practicing or whatever."

Berdych and Safarova recently teamed up ti represent the Czech Republic in the Hyundai Hopman Cup and were thrilled when they both achieved fourth-round results at Australian Open 2007. [edit: except Lucie went further and got to the quarters....]

After progressing to the Monte Carlo semi-finals last month, Berdych travelled to Bratislava in the Slovak Republic to support Lucie in Fed Cup. When ATP and WTA Tours take separate paths, Berdych and Safarova remain in close contact.

"Lucie and I text message, make phone calls and now all the time use Skype. It's very good. You can spend so much time on that," Berdych wrote on a blog that appeared on atptennis.com earlier this year. "We go to some tournaments together during the season, like Indian Wells, Miami then all four Grand Slams. We try before some big tournaments like the US Open to go one week before. So I think anyway it can be better, it can be worse. But if it's like this I'm happy."

Tomas

Last edited by Ashie_87 : 05-27-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Ashie_87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #17
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon - Q&A: Tomas Berdych
Eurosport - Tue, 19 Jun

Wimbledon - Tomas Berdych says that Wimbledon is becoming on his favourite venues despite not always having had a love for the grass.

Q Has your triumph at the ATP Halle tournament helped you to forget about the set-back at Roland Garros?
A Certainly, I was very sad after Paris, although I did not want to make a big tragedy out of it. It was simply a minor failure which was perhaps affected by the tiredness I felt after the World Team Cup.

Q What does the Halle triumph mean for you in the context of Wimbledon? Is it a confidence boost?
A Of course, it couldn't have turned out better, so it is has turned out to be the perfect preparation. Now I have a week off before Wimbledon begins.

Q Your girlfriend and fellow tennis player Lucie Safarova is currently playing in the WTA Eastbourne tournament. Do you plan to teach her some new tricks on grass now you have become an expert on the surface?
A Me become a grass court teacher? The guy who has always bemoaned the surface? (Laughing) I don't think that would be a good idea. I still have a lot to learn about how to play on grass myself.

Q Recently you have been very good on it though, what was the problem before?
A I would say that it came down to movement. People had predicated in the past that I would like playing on the grass, but I only agreed with them 50-50. However, the more matches you play on grass, the more your confidence grows, and self-confidence is very important.

Q Wimbledon begins in a couple of days. What are you looking forward to most about the event?
A There are many things to look forward to. Wimbledon has become one of my favourite places, I love it there. It will be competing for the third time and I will be living in a pleasant small guest-house which is a part of Stamford Bridge the home of Chelsea. When you look out the window, you can see one of the stands.

Q Have you bought yourself a Petr Cech jersey in the fan shop?
A I was lucky. I did not have to buy one, Petr gave me one.

Interview from MF Dnes translated by Vasek Kadlec

Source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/190620...s-berdych.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

thank you liebe Eden and of course good luck to Tomas @ Wimbledon
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Q Wimbledon begins in a couple of days. What are you looking forward to most about the event?
A There are many things to look forward to. Wimbledon has become one of my favourite places, I love it there. It will be competing for the third time and I will be living in a pleasant small guest-house which is a part of Stamford Bridge the home of Chelsea. When you look out the window, you can see one of the stands.

Q Have you bought yourself a Petr Cech jersey in the fan shop?
A I was lucky. I did not have to buy one, Petr gave me one.

Czech's native Petr Cech is a football heroe, he is Chelsea FC goalkeeper since mid-2004

Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #20
country flag Lenka

Lenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond reputeLenka has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I like Petr! he's the best goalkeeper ever!!! and i'm very happy that he's alright again after his dangerous injury

Proud supporter of Tomas Berdych!

Good luck also to:
Tommy Robredo Carlos Moya Fernando Verdasco Pablo Andujar

David Ferrer
Lenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Biofile: The Tomas Berdych Interview

By Scoop Malinowski

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The rumbling of the nearby No. 7 train is a distraction for some players, but the sound of the approaching train sounds like a homecoming to Tomas Berdych.

Berdych's father, Martin, is a train engineer and recalls his son hitting the ball in the center of the strings from nearly the first moment he picked up a racquet. Finding the court, however, was another story.

"My father (Martin) told me when I was starting to play tennis I was always hitting the ball — not ever in the court," Berdych said. "But I hit the ball with the racquet not missing the ball. No missing the ball."

Berdych is playing for a positive start at the US Open today as he faces Wayne Odesnik in the opening around. A year ago, Berdych suffered his first career opening-round at Flushing Meadows suffering a straight-sets loss to Sam Querrey.

Height/Weight: 6-foot-5, 200 pounds.

Born on: September 17, 1985 in Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic

Tennis Inspirations: "If I have some heroes in tennis? No I don't have any heroes, not in tennis, not in other kind of sports, nothing. I'm trying to play and be myself."

Hobbies/Leisure Activities: "Yeah, of course my hobbies — if you are in pro tennis you don't have much more time. So if it's chance to go watch some good films, cinema, listening to some music. And I think for a tennis player the best is relaxing."

Early Tennis Memory: "My father (Martin) told me when I was starting to play tennis I was always hitting the ball — not ever in the court [smiles]. But I hit the ball with the racquet not missing the ball. No missing the ball."

Pre-Match Feeling: "Whew. I'm trying to concentrate for my match and feeling — sometimes I'm nervous, sometimes not, depends on which kind of match is it. So some special feeling? No I don't have it."

Favorite Meal: "I like a lot of different meals. But favorite...let's say chicken and some pasta because for tennis you can eat some."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Chocolate."

Favorite Movies: "I like the English name — three movies Lord Of The Rings. They were amazing, it was unbelievable."

Musical Tastes: "I like a lot of the performers like Metallica, U2 and the style like this, not techno."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Win in Paris Bercy (defeated Ljubicic in five sets in 2005). And of course beat Roger Federer at Olympic Games (2004)."

Most Painful Moment: "I don't like to lose any match. So every match that I lose is painful."

Favorite Tournament(s): "Outside the Grand Slams? Dubai. It's a beautiful place. Something different. And it's nice."

Closest Tennis Friends: "Of course your kind of friend is you coach because you are spending a lot of time with your coach. And I think a lot of players in the tennis, you're friends with everybody. But closest friend — I don't have only one friend. But I have a lot of friends with the Czech."

Funniest Player Encountered: "I don't know. I don't have any special just one who is the most funny."

Toughest Competitors: "I have to say Roger. Of course the toughest match was with Roger in Australia because he's the top player of the world and it was the toughest match for me, for this time."

Favorite Vacation Spot: "I haven't been there but I would like to go to Bora Bora."

People Qualities Most Admired: "People has to be funny, fair and not be (like), Okay, you are good, good. And he goes to somebody else and says, Oh, he's bad. And like this."

Source: http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...newsid=6638757
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #22
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Old 10-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #23
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I found an article in Oct/Nov issue Ace Tennis a magazine in the UK so I thought I'd share it with you Tomas fans.

Its called The Decider. Tomas was asked a selection of questions.

Bond or Bourne?

Definitely James Bond because of the tradition of the films and the history. James Bond is still a very young franchise. Maybe in 10 to 15 years Bourne can claim the crown,but Bond still wears it for now.

$200,000 a year for life or 10 minutes on the moon?

I'm scared of heights so I'd probably take the money. Then again, maybe the vast distance between te Earth would mean that my vertigo wouldn't count. Who knows?

Beach or Piste?

I really like to ski. Its my favourite sport. The problem is that it's not easy to find somewhere to go at the end of the season. All of my recent holidays have been beach-based, but I'd much rather be on the slopes.

Xbox or WII?

PlayStation 3 (laughs). I'm a big fan of the racing game Gran Turismo. I think they're releasing a new version of this year,so its going to be long nights of PS3 action for me.

Clay or Grass?

I'd say grass. Right now the grass is getting slower and the bounce is getting higher,which is better for my aggressive style.

Fruit or Chocolate?

Probably chocolate. Czech chocolate is OK,but I prefer Swiss or Ritter Sport - it's German and really very good.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #24
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Di
Old 12-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #25
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Inspiring A New Generation

by James Buddell

Tomas Berdych has amassed a 21-7 overall Davis Cup record since making his debut for the Czech Republic in September 2003.

Tomas Berdych faces the tricky task of helping Czech Republic end Spain's 19-tie unbeaten record on clay in this week's Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.

Fed on tales of how Ivan Lendl, Tomas Smid, Pavel Slozil and the veteran Jan Kodes led the then named Czechoslovakia to a 4-1 victory over Italy at the Sportovní hala in Prague for the 1980 Davis Cup title, Tomas Berdych, aided by team mates Radek Stepanek, Jan Hajek and Lukas Dlouhy, is determined to become a modern day tennis hero and inspire a new generation of Czech players to the sport.

"The Davis Cup has always been a very emotional experience for me.""I remember when the ice hockey players won the 1998 Winter Olympics gold medal [1-0 over Russia] in Nagano, Japan," said Berdych. "Over 100,000 people turned up at the Old Town Square in Prague. Ever since then Radek and I have been pushing ourselves to do a 'Nagano'."

Having beaten France, Argentina and Croatia in the World Group en route to this year's final, arguably the Czech Republic's greatest test awaits them. Unbeaten in 17 home ties, Spain's armada of clay-court talents including Rafael Nadal, Fernando Verdasco, David Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez will be attempting to become the first nation since Sweden in 1998 to retain Dwight Davis' silver-gilt trophy.

"The Davis Cup has always been a very emotional experience for me," said World No. 20 Berdych, who first represented the Czech Republic at Thailand two days after his 18th birthday in September 2003. "I remember playing Davis Cup in the Euro/African Zone II against Morocco three years ago and to have played a World Group semi-final and now be challenging for the famous trophy is unbelievable and a total contrast."

Berdych believes the Czech Republic's inspiration for its run to this year's final can be traced back to September 2007. "We survived in the [World Group] play-off tie against Switzerland, with Roger Federer," admitted Berdych. "With the tie level at 1-1, Radek and I were match point down in the doubles. I was serving a second serve to Roger and fortunately turned it around and we won in five sets [3-6, 5-7, 7-6(7), 6-4, 6-4]. That was the key that has helped Czech Republic reach the final this year. It gave everyone confidence.

"When we get together for Davis Cup, we are like a family spending all day together.""We realised that we were not individuals in the team. Since that win we have not won and lost individually, but have won three points and moved forward to the next tie and challenge.

"When we get together for Davis Cup, we are like a family spending all day together. We meet early each morning and have fun during the week. A good atmosphere is very important."

Preparation and training for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Final have gone to plan, with the members of the Czech Republic team arriving in Barcelona on Saturday. Czech captain and former ATP pro Jaroslav Navratil, Berdych and hitting partner Dusan Lojda even found the time to watch the 'El Clásico', between rivals Barcelona and Real Madrid, at the Nou Camp on Sunday, while Stepanek has been training at his base in Bradenton, Florida.

"Radek is a funny guy, he makes a lot of jokes and he is a really good team player. Lukas is the same. Radek is a tremendous fighter on the court, as evidenced against Ivo Karlovic in a six-hour match [against Croatia in the semi-finals]. It was extremely tough for him, more mentally than physically. If someone hits 50-60 plus aces and forty winners it is tough to survive. He enjoys being in a team and helping the team do well."

Dlouhy, who lifted the Roland Garros and US Open doubles title with Leander Paes this year, is set to be overlooked for the doubles spot in the final. Dlouhy has not represented Czech Republic in a live rubber for almost two years and Berdych believes it won't affect his team mate.

"Lukas is portrayed in the Czech newspapers as a player who doesn't like the fact that as a Grand Slam champion he cannot make the team in the doubles. But Radek and I have played well, winning all seven doubles rubbers, so it is tough. It's great that we have a top doubles player in reserve."

Berdych and 31-year-old Stepanek have been in sparkling form for the Czech Republic this year, both compiling 6-1 records overall in the international men's team competition. As a doubles team, they remain unbeaten (5-0). "It is tough to say if there is a key to our success this year," confessed Berdych. "We have been lucky with team selection to pick a strong line-up tie-after-tie, but as a nation we do not have too many players to choose from.

"We have been lucky with team selection to pick a strong line-up tie-after-tie, but as a nation we do not have too many players to choose from.""Radek and I have tended to play singles and doubles a lot, so it is quite hard to play all of the best-of-five set matches over one weekend. With Radek in the team, it has helped us to win some vital matches. I hope it stays with us this week."

Berdych, who went 9-6 on clay this year and lifted his fifth ATP World Tour title at the BMW Open at Munich in May (d. Youzhny), has also recorded crucial Davis Cup wins over Gilles Simon, Juan Monaco and Marin Cilic this year.

"Personally, I think my best match this year was against Juan Monaco [won 6-4, 2-6, 2-6, 6-3, 6-2], but it was also my worst match from a tennis point of view," confirmed Berdych. "It is easy to say that it is a good match when you win three sets to love, but I was really struggling on the indoor carpet surface. David Nalbandian wasn't in Argentina team, so the Czech Republic was favourites and as a result there was a bit more pressure."

Success on the ATP World Tour has also helped build confidence, but Davis Cup success is very different to lifting a singles trophy. "It is tough to explain," admitted Berdych. "If you win a tournament you are extremely happy, but you are there on the court on your own or maybe with your coach and physio. You often don't have too much time to enjoy the moment before travelling to the next city.

"In the Davis Cup, even if you win the first rubber of a tie you can celebrate it much more with your team mates. It is a completely different feeling."

For Berdych, it is difficult to answer what he craves most: a Grand Slam, World No. 1 or Davis Cup title. "If I am to have one of those titles, I do not mind," he admitted. "They are the biggest achievements in our sport."

While attempts have floundered to reunite members of the 1980 Davis Cup winning-team for this year's final, Berdych and his Czech Republic team mates are more than ready to become modern day heroes.

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEU...s-Berdych.aspx
Old 12-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #26
country flag Ashie_87

Ashie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond reputeAshie_87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
I found an article in Oct/Nov issue Ace Tennis a magazine in the UK so I thought I'd share it with you Tomas fans.

Its called The Decider. Tomas was asked a selection of questions.

Fruit or Chocolate?

Probably chocolate. Czech chocolate is OK,but I prefer Swiss or Ritter Sport - it's German and really very good.
Oh my God Ritter Sport should become a religion I just discovered it when I was on exchange in Germany this year

Tomas
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #27
country flag Davodus

Ashie been a while since I saw you around here Ritter Sport is amaze, I had some in Germany and I became a giant pig and just started eating it non stop
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #28
country flag Ashie_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
Ashie been a while since I saw you around here Ritter Sport is amaze, I had some in Germany and I became a giant pig and just started eating it non stop
Yeah I try to be very good during semester and stay away from here. Not always successful Plus Germany kept my attention very well. I'm a total food snob now. If it's not a marzipan criossant, I won't eat it but you're aussie yeah? Cause Harris Farm sells Ritter Sport!! I found it last week!

Tomas
Old 01-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #29
country flag Davodus

really! I'm gonna go look then
Old 03-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #30
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

March 30, 2010

T. BERDYCH/R. Federer

6-4 6-7 7-6

An interview with:

TOMAS BERDYCH

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What is your feeling about this incredible game?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, well, I mean, every time after the game like that the feeling is great, even if you just saved the one match point and then win in the tiebreak of the third set.
So whatever the match goes, I'm really extremely happy, you know. I had a chance. I was break up in the third set. But with Roger, you have to be always 100% ready. You know, he's fighting until the last point. You know, that is how was it the court.
But anyway, I'm really happy the way I finish it.

Q. The last time you beat him was in 2004, right?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, Olympic Games.

Q. Do you feel like this win is a long time coming?
TOMAS BERDYCH: You know, already the last match before this one we played in Australia I was two sets up, so, you know, if we gonna play for just best of three sets, then I would win the match again. But that one was different, you know, best of five sets and on the Grand Slam.
So, you know, he came strongly back and won that match, and he deserved it and played well. This one was another chance. I was trying to just go for it same as the match in Melbourne, and finally it happened. I think it was the tenth our match against each other; second victory for me.

Q. I think you were smiling after the one shot was called out, the video review.
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, I mean, well, really I was just surprised what I saw on the TV how close the ball was.
You know, it was really important one, and, you know, that just happens. There's no chance to just be sad or whatever, because it was really close call.
But, you know, linesman was right. It was pretty good call for him. I just have to smile after it.

Q. Did you have anyone here watching besides your trainer?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, we have couple of other friends who was here. They were sitting with Group him in the player's box on the other side on the other seats. Couple friends.

Q. Not your parents, right?
TOMAS BERDYCH: No, they're at home.

Q. Did you call them yet?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Not yet.

Q. Roger mentioned that he thought the conditions were very slow tonight because neither of you served a lot of aces; what are your feelings about that?

TOMAS BERDYCH: Well, I was kind of really surprised well, I mean, the conditions were all the day same, you know. It was not that humid as usually here in Miami, and the temperature was not that high as always.
So it was really a cool night. And yeah, the conditions were a little bit different. But I think it's as he said, the conditions were same for both of us. Just depends who is gonna just handle those conditions better.
It was really close just for my side, about one, two points. But the conditions were definitely different than all the other days here.

Q. Tomas, you've had some big wins in your career. Where would you rank this one and the fact that it's Roger at a big tournament and how close it was?
TOMAS BERDYCH: Yeah, definitely, you know, the match like this, to beat the No. 1 player in the world, the best player so far, you know, it's great feeling, you know, just to go through.
But still, it was not a final. There is another match waiting next day, another really tough opponent. You know, just this one was pretty good match for me. Just I need to take all the positive things, you know, all the confidence from this match and just go next go for next match. Be ready for the other one.
Then we can be let's say talking it was good tournament with couple of good wins or something like that. But so far, yeah, extremely happy after that match. But I'm looking forward to next matches.

Q. There are lots of surprises with Murray and Djokovic, and today and you Federer. Did you think something is happening on the tour?
TOMAS BERDYCH: No, I think this just show how the tour is pretty tough, you know, how the players are really strong, and the small difference between all the players.
Just all the credit to all those guys who are top 10. As you can see now, so many other players, even if they are 50, 60, me, 20, can beat the top guys and can go through.
So just show how the tennis right now is so close, and that's it.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote