Something for us.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2004, 03:29 AM   #1
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something for us....

OK, there's a question on GM forum that I want to ask here.
Why do you like David? You can probably say more over here than over on GM because, as you have read, that thread is severely wrecked by someone who chooses to have a conversation about racquets. Not that it's not a discussion-worthy topic, but seriously now....

I'll go first. I like him because he is a very intelligent player, and puts his heart into every match. He doesn't quit; it's not over until the very last point is played. And, yes, I like him for other things too.

You can mention those "other things" too.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2004, 12:18 PM   #2
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something for us....

Well, let's see...I like it because of his confidence, he never gives up, his style of playing tennis, his good mood:every time I see him on tv he's with a smile on his face. There are other things too, but I totally agree with you when you say that never stops playing at his best until the last point has been played. If I think of something else I'll add it
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did post an answer on the GM thread (before it got wrecked!), but in answer to why I like David........well, like you've said already - he's a fighter and always gives 100% on court. I also love that he is very humble and hasn't forgotten his family, his old friends or his roots back in Cordoba. He shows a lot of respect to everyone, and he always has time and patience for his fans - no matter where he is or who they are. Also, whenever I've met him or seen him around, he always has a smile on his face - always happy and laughing. Maybe the time I really "fell in love" with him was watching him once at a tournament talking with a young guy who was obviously "mentally challenged" in some way - abut 20 years old but with a mental age of maybe 7 or 8. David was so sweet and gentle and patient with him - not because the cameras were rolling or anything, but just because that's the kind of guy he is. What he does is always from the heart and not just to impress the media or "look good" on TV.

As for the other things - well - I could write a book about them - but guess I'll stick with the smile, the blue eyes, the accent, the gorgeous body etc

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:51 PM   #4
luckystar

luckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond reputeluckystar has a reputation beyond repute

*clap clap for Rosie*
luckystar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie, that sounds great.
All the more reason to love him.

Even though you gotta throw your eyebrows up at some of the recent fashion choices Dave has made, at least he has enough daring to try it. I like that-taking risks.

Yes, I do like his smile (I LOOOOOOOOVE his smile) and his eyes. I think we all do.

He's gone from ho-hum to babelicious in, what, one year. When I saw him at the US Open, I was like DAMN-as in "Damn, you look good. Give me some of what you got." That kind of DAMN.....

Last edited by sigmagirl91 : 03-14-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #6
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Something for us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
Rosie, that sounds great.
All the more reason to love him.

Even though you gotta throw your eyebrows up at some of the recent fashion choices Dave has made, at least he has enough daring to try it. I like that-taking risks.

Yes, I do like his smile (I LOOOOOOOOVE his smile) and his eyes. I think we all do.

He's gone from ho-hum to babelicious in, what, one year. When I saw him at the US Open, I was like DAMN-as in "Damn, you look good. Give me some of what you got." That kind of DAMN.....
Oh yes - I know that kind of DAMN very, very well!!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #7
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

That kind of DAMN is quite powerful, isn't it?

Dare I mention that it could make you cross-eyed, knock-kneed, and pigeon-toed? And it could make you slur your speech and get this stupid grin on your face that says, "come here, sugar"?

Last edited by sigmagirl91 : 03-14-2004 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #8
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO!!!! You guys are too funny!!! But you're right!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Yes, we ARE right.....LOL!!!
Of course, we don't have to let the REST of the board know. They already do. Just a matter of time BEFORE they come over here, and want to put in their 2 cents.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #10
country flag jazz_girl

So true...
Old 03-14-2004, 08:41 PM   #11
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
That kind of DAMN is quite powerful, isn't it?

Dare I mention that it could make you cross-eyed, knock-kneed, and pigeon-toed? And it could make you slur your speech and get this stupid grin on your face that says, "come here, sugar"?
And there I was thinking my slurred speech came from this gin and tonic I'm drinking - and all the time, it was David's fault!!! Mind you - it's always a man's fault somewhere I find

Old 03-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #12
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

And here we were thinking David didn't know. Who knew?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #13
country flag MisterQ

MisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond reputeMisterQ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys/gals. Thought this quote from Andy Roddicks interview might interest you.

Q.* Are there many players you would pay to see?
ANDY RODDICK:* Sure, absolutely.

Q.* Who?
ANDY RODDICK:* I'd probably pay to see a lot of guys.* You know, definitely Andre still.* He's still -- every time I watch him, I feel like I'm eight years old again.* I'd pay to see Fed.* I love seeing the way Nalbandian works against guys, kind of gets in their grill a little bit.* There's a lot of guys.* I'd play to see a lot of match-ups, as well.
MisterQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 06:19 AM   #14
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Hi guys/gals. Thought this quote from Andy Roddicks interview might interest you.

Q.* Are there many players you would pay to see?
ANDY RODDICK:* Sure, absolutely.

Q.* Who?
ANDY RODDICK:* I'd probably pay to see a lot of guys.* You know, definitely Andre still.* He's still -- every time I watch him, I feel like I'm eight years old again.* I'd pay to see Fed.* I love seeing the way Nalbandian works against guys, kind of gets in their grill a little bit.* There's a lot of guys.* I'd play to see a lot of match-ups, as well.
Hey - thanks for sharing that with us MisterQ - and thanks to Andy too

Old 03-15-2004, 10:47 AM   #15
country flag jazz_girl

Thanks a lot MisterQ for this!!! Wow, am I supposed to like Andy now? Thanks a lot And for your comments!
J.