What racket should I choose? Help! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
country flag henrikaugust

henrikaugust is on a distinguished road
Default What racket should I choose? Help!

Hello, I am a 19 year old male who's looking to buy a new racket. I'm 1,76m tall and 68 kg. I use a lot of spin in both my one-handed backhand and my forehand. I have a good upperbody strength, and I like to hit hard top spin winners from the baseline. I am by no means a pro, but I have had some coaching and I play once a week. Currently I'm using the Tecnifibre T-Fight 305 Vo2Max which weighs 305 grams, 95 sq in head and has an 18x19 string pattern. It's a great racket, though I would like to be able to generate some more spin and power. I've been looking at the Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph and it seems really good. In your opinion would this racket be a good fit for me or should I go for something like the Wilson Juice 100S or the Prince Tour 100 (16x18)?
henrikaugust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 03:19 AM   #2
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What racket should I choose? Help!

Dunno m8 you just gotta demo racquets

Roddick - Federer - Isner - Sock - Harrison - Tsonga - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Janowicz
Tennis embarrassments: Nadal - Ferrer - Fognini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:24 AM   #3
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

You most likely be able to handle the Autograph. If you want a racket with more spin switch to a 16x19 racket. If you can find the Technifibre 315 LTD it would probably be your best option. You can the adjust it with lead tape to make it perfect for you.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:05 AM   #4
country flag Tight Lines

Tight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond repute

If you like spin, then you should definitely try an open pattern racket, either 16x18, 19 or 20. Mine is a Prince Response 97 Classic with a 16x20 pattern.

Harry
Old 03-07-2015, 05:32 AM   #5
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else used the Wilson Four BLX? I just got one, 100" head, it's pretty good but I DESPISE the standard grip that came with it so I need to change it, it's like rubber/leather or something, it's sticky. The racket itself is pretty good. I'm nowhere near a tennis club that does stringing so I just persevere with the tension that it comes with.

I was using the old BLX with the square frame but only 95", and the sweet spot gave a bit more pop, but this one has a bigger sweetspot and gives me a little more spin, but obviously the strings on my old racket had loosened a fair bit.

EDIT: I love the colours It's like the racket Clijsters should have played with @ AO '03

I just wish the 'W' was blue aswell, or black

NADAL - BORG - MURRAY
SAFIN - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - BROWN - NALBANDIAN - WAWRINKA
KOKKINAKIS - MATOSEVIC - MITCHELL - GROTH - PEERS

HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN
SCHNYDER - HANTUCHOVA - SCHETT - MAURESMO - CLIJSTERS
RADWANSKA - PLISKOVA - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - JANKOVIC

Last edited by Dmitry Verdasco : 03-07-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote