Pure Drive/ Pure Strike String Combo - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
country flag jhuntley93

jhuntley93 is on a distinguished road
Default Pure Drive/ Pure Strike String Combo

Hi guys looking for some advice on which strings to get for my babolat pure strike tour and pure drive. on the pure strike i've still got the but it has lost all play ability as i have to hammer the ball to get any kind of power or distance on it.
factory strings (xcel) so looking for an upgrade for summer tournaments and on the pure drive i currently have luxilon 4g
on the pure drive i have previously had luxlion alu power rough which i loved ( but it only lasted about 2 months before the string snapped although that may be to do with my stringer rather than the string because my friends had strings snap quickly with him too.) and hurricane feel which i also enjoyed as i couldn't seem to miss the ball long! Also herd good stuff about the pro hurricane tour

my play style is to be consistent moving the other player from side to side but i do tend to like to go for winners as well

im actually thinking a hybrid of the alu power/rpm blast or pro hurricane on the mains with hurricane feel on the crosses could be a good combo
also thinking of the pro hurricane mains and prince synthetic gut with duraflex in crosses

any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by jhuntley93 : 04-27-2015 at 03:48 PM.
jhuntley93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
country flag Tight Lines

Tight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pure Drive/ Pure Strike String Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuntley93 View Post
Hi guys looking for some advice on which strings to get for my babolat pure strike tour and pure drive. on the pure strike i've still got the but it has lost all play ability as i have to hammer the ball to get any kind of power or distance on it.
factory strings (xcel) so looking for an upgrade for summer tournaments and on the pure drive i currently have luxilon 4g
on the pure drive i have previously had luxlion alu power rough which i loved ( but it only lasted about 2 months before the string snapped although that may be to do with my stringer rather than the string because my friends had strings snap quickly with him too.) and hurricane feel which i also enjoyed as i couldn't seem to miss the ball long! Also herd good stuff about the pro hurricane tour

my play style is to be consistent moving the other player from side to side but i do tend to like to go for winners as well

im actually thinking a hybrid of the alu power/rpm blast or pro hurricane on the mains with hurricane feel on the crosses could be a good combo
also thinking of the pro hurricane mains and prince synthetic gut with duraflex in crosses

any advice is much appreciated!

IMO, poly on poly is not a good idea. What are you trying to achieve by doing that? As for poly with syn gut cross, I have tried it. It looks nice with different colors and all, but I just didn't like it after a while. My son (on his pure strike tour) doesn't like the poly/syn gut combo either.

So, I strung it with a cheap Volkl Cyclone yellow poly 50/51. It looks really nice and plays well. Luxilon Big Banger (ice blue) is also a very popular poly for your rackets. Why ice blue? It' a nice color

Harry
Old 05-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
country flag jhuntley93

thanks, went with the pro hurricane tour full bed on the pure drive at 59lb and on the pure strike im getting a rpm blast vs hybrid
Old 05-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
country flag Tight Lines

Tight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond reputeTight Lines has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuntley93 View Post
thanks, went with the pro hurricane tour full bed on the pure drive at 59lb and on the pure strike im getting a rpm blast vs hybrid
IMO, no one should string a poly with more than 55 lbs tension as it is just a really stiff string, especially on a stiff racket like the Pure Drive. You are inviting elbow trouble when you do that. JMHO from someone who suffered from tennis elbow partly due to the stiff poly string on an APD stick.

Harry
Old 05-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
country flag jhuntley93

last couple of restrings ive had alu power rough, 4g and hurricane feel at 57 but i recently had a hit woith a friends racket who get it restrung really tight and enjoyed being able to hammer the ball and not worry about it going long so though i'd give it a go. ive not had any elbow problem before, im 22 and relativly fit