Videos of Guga on the internet - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #61
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Videos of Guga on the internet

Wojtek, I haven't downloaded the match yet and don't know if the following link includes the full match, but here is part 1 of 4 uploads from the Kuerten-Kafelnikov match from a very good downloading page

http://www.elrincondeltenis.com/?p=5823#more-5823
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #62
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #63
country flag Ariel

Ariel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond reputeAriel has a reputation beyond repute

Again, thanks Eden.
Ariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #64
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Unfortunately I don't understand a word

Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #65
country flag wee

wee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond reputewee has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot open the clips here. What a pity!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #66
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Another Guga video on FundationKonex, he received an award last Nov 15, Nalby congratulated Guga when himself received his platinium award, Guga was sat close to Sabatini during the ceremony
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #67
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Guga singing

Old 12-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #68
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Old 12-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #69
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Unfortunately I don't understand a word

video 1- best moments-

00:40- intro- Heres Guga. He retired 2 years ago.
1:20- You still feel pain?- Yes, I still feel pain, it limits my disposition, sometimes makes me moody. I take some medicine only for articulation. Time aggravates it. The sensation.
2:20- They are talking about Kaka, but Kaka injury was on the knees.
3:30 - smile on face- Too many compromises this year. No time for surfing, almost no time for playing football, lots of compromises with the Institute Guga Kuerten.
3:50 - I will play with Agassi...she asks: will you make a third surgery to play the seniours tour? Guga: I am making a preparation very similar as when I was a pro. My head is still strong. I can take the challengers, no fear at all I had a lot of stress because of all surgeries and still trying to play in a very high performance, and I still want to play well today, and this is a challenge, a very complex challenge, however this routine of preparation for exhos is good for me. No surgeries are planned, however, for the moment.
06:32- Agassi and Kafelnikov helped me to develop myself as a player. Every time I lost to them I tried to be better to be able to defeat them next time. Playing against Agassi this year was to celeb the 10th anniversary of my number one achievement.
08:20 Guga you won your first tournament as RG in 1997. Did you know at that time what that represented to you? Guga: I wasnt expecting that, however I had a very good support from my coach that helped me to assimilate that result and helped me to this very suddent entrance inside the hurricane, the pro tour best players, but that was my objective, I always knew how to deal with complex situations like that, that was my boys dream to play in the highest level. I had luck to have competent people together with me, the coach, values very close to the cotidian. The way I play is very close to what I am. Some tennis players have to change to play their best tennis inside the court, but I believe I am very spontaneous, I am very soft, so my coach had to work together with me to become more competitive along the years.
Interview: So you can say you are the opposite of Mcenroe, for example? All competitive and sort.
Guga: Yes, perhaps. But I developed my competitivnes along the years.
12:50 Guga says that his goodbye in France was very sweet and emotional.
14:30 Guga says that together with the genetic, the medium he was created helped him to achieve his objectives, like the tennis club he developed himself, the friendship...

Video 2

00:00 Guga continues saying that everything was possible because of the help and the way he was created was very important to the way he was able to hold the fame after winning Roland Garros and having a good mind to not get lost after winning his title and not to get lost into all diversions. He says that everything converge to this effect: we get lost after achieving things too early, but we must run away from this effect and keep trying, ignoring this. Everyhting is possible. Woman has rained to me and to Larri (laugh). But the limit is infinite if you ignore this. One must value the simpler things.
3:00 Gabi tells about Maria Ester Bueno, the only other brazilian that was number one, and asks for Guga if Brazilians results are too little. Guga: Tennis was an elite sport, I think we are getting better in this aspect. I think I helped to bring tennis to the crowd a bit. We still dont have the culture, however, and we are still fighting for this. I am doing some projects. The institute is there to work with the education, to integrate citizens inside our society (he tels about Tiago Fernandes that won the AO jr and trained at the institue Guga Kuerten). They discuss about Argentina, Guga says that argentina was colonized by the english (?) and that every city in the countryside has a good teacher that can teach the kids how to play tennis, and that is not the brasilian`s case.
Brazil needs more knowledge
06:40 Gabi asks if Guga was sad because the president told that tennis is an elites sport. Guga says that he knew about that but that he was not sad, he believes money should be better spent however for the popular projects. The formula wasnt found yet just like in the volley. But kids were interested, some coaches were unprepared. The engineering to develop better players in Brazil is very complex.
10:00 Guga says he is still understanding how his project works, better now than when he was on the circuit. All started when he became number one. 10 years of the institute, then.
11:30- Guga tells about his family. Family was a good thing to him. He learned a lot from them. They talk about Guilherme and his grandma. Guga says he lost his father when he was 8 years old inside the tennis court, but he was strong and he decided to continue, but he likes this. I am not robotic, however, but I can deal with a lot of things, I have a very strong mind.
14:10- How about losing the status? I lost status little by little, but my biggest battle was against me.I wasnt desperate. The final result was not pleasing me. But I didnt play with Nadal. A bit frustrating hehe.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #70
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Saulo!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #71
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

estou muito grato
Old 01-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #72
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Bitte schön

Noch einmal schreibe Ich ein bisschen mal;

Video 3-
00:30- Guga says: I was having less pleasure then obstacles, thats why I needed to stop.
1:45- I have everything locked up in my body to play, but when its about to perform, I can`t. I think, I move, but my body doesnt realizes =/ Its a pity because I could still be playing Guga says he never went to analysis, because he analizes himself a lot.
3:00- Next challenges: to clarify ideas; to make good to another people. He says he is happy when he ake other people happy. Few matches to be played. He says about Bellucci that is the better player and some new kids around 15-18 yo.
6:00 Gabi asks about transiction against stylish versus strenght. Borg bringing strenght to tennis. How would you describe tennis now. Guga:better training now to become a pro player since Borg, now with better serving and tall players tennis requires fast players and complete, it gives no spaces to any kind of deficiences. More control, less errors.
8:25 They say that Navratilova now cant cope with the Williams Sisters. Guga says that theres a big distance between men and women tennis. Guga says its a very complex sport. Then he explains: Tennis requires everything about the performance all days- the men is more prepared than women. He also says that the serve is very hard.
12:00 Guga tells that he is not strong, he is more resistance, with a long body, but low fat % (around 6%)
13:00 Guga says he will prolly marry with Mariana (an he did eh?)- Mari dreamed about marriage while Guga thinks more about family and kids hehe.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #73
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for translating the videos, ILTB. I am also shut out linguistically of any news articles and videos about Guga so this is great to find such a good translation from you. The world is a better place with Guga in it and I wish him, his family, and his institute continued success. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here tennis-wise both on court and off. He's one smart man.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #74
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I have everything locked up in my body to play, but when its about to perform, I can`t. I think, I move, but my body doesnt realizes =/ Its a pity because I could still be playing
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #75
country flag Eden
Friends will be friends

Some stuff from 2004. The quality isn't the best and most of us won't understand a word anyway but it is always such a pleasure to see Guga