***2007 Australian Open Thread*** - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #61
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***2007 Australian Open Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
The speculations of her environment (and of the local press in Belgium) are that there are serious marital problems with Pierre-Yves
That's too bad. Even though she's not my fav I'd still rather see her win it than Sharapova. Hopefully Kim shows up interested.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #62
FedFan

FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
The point is we are discussing Roger's preparation and his subsequent participation at the AO not Mirka's weight. If you want to do that, go ahead and create another thread. You can go into excruciating detail about Mirka in that thread if you want. For example, there is a thread about Roger's feet and it seems to be a very popular thread. How would you feel if that thread merged with this thread? Anyway, I don't want to discuss this anymore.
The point is YOU are discussing Roger's AO preparation. Nothing against your honourable intention, but as you can see here it is not always possible to follow the theme of a thread.

What have Mirkalands and Fergies postings for example to do with the subject of the thread? They are talking about Henin Hardenne, aren't they? Why don't you complain about them?

Once again I want to insist: If there are pro-Mirka-comments, no problem. If there is only one critical voice you can be sure to be attacked from several sides.

I don't want a Mirka-bashing thread. There is no need for it, because I will be free enough to give my opinion about here, whenever I want.
FedFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 AM   #63
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
The point is YOU are discussing Roger's AO preparation. Nothing against your honourable intention, but as you can see here it is not always possible to follow the theme of a thread.

What have Mirkalands and Fergies postings for example to do with the subject of the thread? They are talking about Henin Hardenne, aren't they? Why don't you complain about them?

Once again I want to insist: If there are pro-Mirka-comments, no problem. If there is only one critical voice you can be sure to be attacked from several sides.

I don't want a Mirka-bashing thread. There is no need for it, because I will be free enough to give my opinion about here, whenever I want.
Um I clearly stated my post about Justine was OT. But it still was relavent to the AO. There is no rule that the posts in this thread can only be about Roger and his preparation/results at AO. Of course it's Roger's forum so most of the posts will be about him. But come back once the draw is announced and there will be plenty of posts about other players in the draw. Especially one certain player if he gets an easy draw.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 AM   #64
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkaland View Post
Um I clearly stated my post about Justine was OT. But it still was relavent to the AO. There is no rule that the posts in this thread can only be about Roger and his preparation/results at AO. Of course it's Roger's forum so most of the posts will be about him. But come back once the draw is announced and there will be plenty of posts about other players in the draw. Especially one certain player if he gets an easy draw.
Atleast it will be about tennis.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #65
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Roger and Marat at RLA.

Last edited by nobama : 01-05-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #66
country flag Oriental_Rain

Oriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond reputeOriental_Rain has a reputation beyond repute

@JHH issue, its ashame the no.1 will not be playing AO. Now Sharapova has a chance winning it gives me more reason to hate her

anyway, looking forward for Roger

vždy budú lepší aj horší ľudia ako ty

Proud Passenger of Federer Express Seat no.80

Oriental_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:16 AM   #67
country flag MissMoJo

MissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How excited was he to have another hitting partner ?
He looks relaxed and fit Can't wait to see him in action again
Old 01-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #68
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is back, so I'm back too

I am in Melbourne right now, and if you are interested, I opened a thread in rf.com posting all my reports from Melbourne Live.

Here is it

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/fanzo...uTopicID=17859
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #69
country flag DONADANG

DONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond reputeDONADANG has a reputation beyond repute

^^^

Brilliant report!

I don't know what to make of his comments regarding the speed and bounce.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #70
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully I see Rogi train tomorow.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #71
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
Roger is back, so I'm back too

I am in Melbourne right now, and if you are interested, I opened a thread in rf.com posting all my reports from Melbourne Live.

Here is it

Cant you post it here.....Im not a member at that forum..
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #72
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

This is take by my Good Friend in AO.
She also post other in Roger's site.

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #73
country flag ExpectedWinner

ExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond reputeExpectedWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
The point is YOU are discussing Roger's AO preparation.
I don't want a Mirka-bashing thread.
There is no need for it, because I will be free enough to give my opinion about here, whenever I want.
The point is you don't have any desire to keep the garbage away from real tennis threads. Open the "say whatever you want thread" and somebody like me will never glance at it. It's enough that the GM turned into the never ending gay festival= Boredom+ Waste of time.

And I feel like I opened that can of worms. But If Mirka was 90-60-90, I still wouldn't want her as a hitting partner. She can continue her coaching though.
ExpectedWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #74
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer primed for open

By Jackie Epstein
January 07, 2007 12:00

Tony Roche says Roger Federer is primed to defend his Australian Open crown / The Sunday Telegraph

ROGER Federer's coach Tony Roche says the world no.1 is primed for an Australian Open assault after starting preparations early at Melbourne Park this year.
The Swiss master usually plays in Doha before hitting town but he chose to bypass the tournament in favour of more practice time at Rod Laver Arena.
Yesterday he looked fresh after two sessions and will spend more time on court today ahead of the AAMI Classic which begins on Wednesday at Kooyong.
"This year he got here earlier and I think it's a good thing,'' Roche said yesterday.
"It could be a very hot Open and the weather over in Doha has been very cold and windy apparently, so the conditions haven't been very good.
"Roger had a long year last year. Every week he's in the finals and didn't finish until a week after the Masters. I wasn't too concerned that he didn't play a tournament. He's got Kooyong coming up to get his matches in, whereas last year he had the injury and he probably needed to play Doha. I'm not concerned, I think it's good that he's here actually.''
Roche said Federer was two sets away from completing a perfect year in 2006 and is intent on defending his title.
The main dangers would include the usual suspects but also some talented up and comers.
"Obviously (Andy) Roddick and (Rafael) Nadal are tough,'' Roche said.
"I don't know if Lleyton's fit, (Marat) Safin could have a good year this year. A few of the young ones are there and it'll be interesting to see who breaks through with (Novak) Djokovic, (Andy) Murray and (Richard) Gasquet.
"They're the young guns coming along and you've got seven tough matches so you've got to be in shape ready to go to play five sets in the heat. That's what we're trying to get ready for.''
Roche said Federer could get better and was working hard to fine-tune his game.
"You're always looking to improve because you know the other guys are working twice as hard to bridge the gap,'' he said.
"You've got to stay one step in front of those guys. We're just overall fine-tuning his game and making sure he's ready once Monday starts.
"He's relaxed and there's so much pressure on the guy but he's able to handle it really well.''
Source: http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegra...001023,00.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #75
country flag The_Beast

The_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Beast has a reputation beyond repute

Go Roger.I am sure that you have the real chance to win The Grand Slam
The_Beast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote