Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2004, 02:55 AM   #1
country flag rassklovn

rassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to behold
Default Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells

Here is the link
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...5&section=news

Ferrero withdraws from Indian Wells tournament
Fri 12 March, 2004 02:22

INDIAN WELLS, California, March 11 (Reuters) - Second seed Juan Carlos Ferrero has withdrawn from the Pacific Life Open with chicken pox.

The Spaniard will be replaced in the draw by lucky loser Jeff Salezenstaein.

"I found out yesterday that I had the chicken pox," Ferrero said on Thursday. "Sometimes things happen and you can't do anything about it. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to playing here."
rassklovn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 03:04 AM   #2
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells

OH no!!! not another one! Get well soon JC !!!

Hhhhmmm after Hewitt in AO 2002, now Ferrero...

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:05 AM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Said it before and I'll say it again. hopefully he doesn't get too sick and have to be hospitalized or anything and that he'll be ok by Miami. I just can't believe he wasn't vaccinated if he hadn't had the pox by now!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:06 AM   #4
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Now the tournament loses its second seed... I hope JC will stay healthy after that, he's been very unlucky with injuries this year!

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 03-12-2004, 03:11 AM   #5
country flag rassklovn

rassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to beholdrassklovn is a splendid one to behold

Look at this way, at least Ferrero will have to rest his body and he might actually be fresh the next time he plays, so he won't complain about injuries.

No Nalbandian, Ivanisevic or Ferrero to all of them get well as soon as possible.
rassklovn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:14 AM   #6
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Well hopefully Juan Carlos can take this:

"A much better case for treatment of chicken pox can be made for adults. There is a "cure" for chicken pox in the form of the drug acyclovir. The drug kills the virus, one of the very few drugs in use that actually kills any virus. It works and it is a very safe drug. It can shorten the period of illness of chicken pox from 7 down to 5 days, and reduce the number of skin lesions. More importantly it can prevent the severe complications which sometime occur in adults. Acyclovir is expensive. Clear instructions for its use need to be given by the prescriber for it to be effective, and these must be strictly followed."

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 03-12-2004, 03:19 AM   #7
country flag Billabong

Default Re: Re: Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk18bsb
Well hopefully Juan Carlos can take this:

"A much better case for treatment of chicken pox can be made for adults. There is a "cure" for chicken pox in the form of the drug acyclovir. The drug kills the virus, one of the very few drugs in use that actually kills any virus. It works and it is a very safe drug. It can shorten the period of illness of chicken pox from 7 down to 5 days, and reduce the number of skin lesions. More importantly it can prevent the severe complications which sometime occur in adults. Acyclovir is expensive. Clear instructions for its use need to be given by the prescriber for it to be effective, and these must be strictly followed."
I hope he'll take it!

Old 03-12-2004, 03:32 AM   #8
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

He better warn the ATP that he is taking this drug to get over an illness as you never know something within it maybe on the banned list.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:35 AM   #9
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Ferrero Withdraws From Indian Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
He better warn the ATP that he is taking this drug to get over an illness as you never know something within it maybe on the banned list.
No, it still won't work. He has to check with his doctors, pharmacutical companies, etc to make sure there are no ban susbstance in the drug, etc etc. According to ATP, it's HIS responsiblity.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:37 AM   #10
country flag Billabong

Oh God I hadn't thought about it, thanks for the info guys! I hope he chooses the best possible way to heal it!

Old 03-12-2004, 03:37 AM   #11
country flag Deboogle!.

I was merely sharing the info that there is such a drug out there. Who knows if he'll actually take it or not but especially in light of what's going on with the ATP and the players I'm sure he'd be 10000000% careful first

Old 03-12-2004, 03:39 AM   #12
country flag Yonge

Yonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond reputeYonge has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if he's gonna get sick, it better happen now than during the clay court season. Get well soon Juanqui please.
Yonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #13
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Then again he is a top player the ATP wouldn't ban him anyway, but at the same time they know where to find the list of the banned substances and any medication taken should be looked at thoroughly.

He just needs to rest and yes that may mean missing Miami, which might be a good thing in the end. He needs to improve his conditioning, and at the very least he can come back better from it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:43 AM   #14
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Poor delicate JCF. Hope he gets well soon. Too bad he can't travel back home to be with his family.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:48 AM   #15
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

crap anothet one bites the dust. hope he gets better, was looking forward to *maybe* seeing him on television again

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote