Roy Keane ........ footballer or madman??? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-17-2002, 09:51 PM   #16
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

what a jerk!

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2002, 10:07 PM   #17
country flag Goonergal
Splish, Splosh

Goonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergal has a reputation beyond repute

Blame me over Haaland comments, says Keane ghostwriter

LONDON (Reuters) - The ghostwriter of Roy Keane's autobiography has said the Manchester United midfielder did not make the controversial comments about deliberately injuring Norwegian Alf Inge Haaland, the Observer reported.

Eamonn Dunphy told the newspaper he had used "artistic license" and "paraphrased" Keane's quoted remarks about his acrimonious feud with the Manchester City midfielder.

Keane faces possible legal action from Haaland and City after saying in a newspaper serialisation of his book that he had intentionally fouled Haaland in a revenge attack during a Manchester derby in April 2001.

Dunphy's comments come a day after the English Football Association (FA) said it would not hesitate to punish the United skipper if the governing body decided he had brought the game into disrepute.

"We thought it would be a nice football book, that it would be no problem," Dunphy was quoted as saying in the newspaper.

"But there is the passage about Haaland. I am as much responsible for that, as a writer, rather than Roy," added Dunphy, himself a former Manchester United player.

"There is artistic license. I should take the rap. But he won't let me. Fair play to him. No whingeing. No screaming.

"No, 'I didn't say that; he made it up.' But I was paraphrasing. Still no whining. But we are talking about a man here."

Dunphy said fellow Irishman Keane and United manager Alex Ferguson had both read his manuscript before the serialisation began last week. Ferguson said last week that his captain did not have a case to answer.

ARTISTIC LICENCE

Asked if the intent of Keane's challenge on Haaland was clear from his autobiography leading sports lawyer Nick Bitel told Saturday's Guardian newspaper: "I suspect Keane would argue there was a bit of artistic licence in the editing of the book.

"The book was ghost-written, so that might give Keane an edge in claiming it was not what he said. He could argue that those were not his exact words or that they were taken out of context. The book alone is not going to prove Haaland's case."

In announcing on Friday that they planned to take legal action City said on their website:

"Following discussions at Maine Road between the football club, Alfie and his legal advisers, it has been agreed to jointly instruct a leading firm of solicitors regarding the circumstances surrounding Roy Keane's tackle on April 21 2001".

"This action has been taken with a view to commencing legal proceedings against Roy Keane and his employers Manchester United Football Club."

Since the tackle on Haaland, for which Keane was sent off, the 29-year-old Norwegian has suffered knee ligament problems and has made only a handful of appearances for his club.

British newspapers reported on Saturday that Haaland would fly to Colorado in the U.S. on Sunday for knee surgery.

The comments about Haaland have thrust Keane back into the limelight at the start of the new premier league season just two months after his controversial exit from the World Cup.

Keane was sent home after a furious row with Ireland manager Mick McCarthy in the build-up to the tournament and refused to apologise.

Old 08-19-2002, 12:10 AM   #18
country flag Martin

Martin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond reputeMartin has a reputation beyond repute

If that other guy wants to take the blame then that's complete crap, I mean he's not telling Keane to say these things in his book, Keane is the one that's doing it.

I think they are starting to panic now. I just hope the FA and Man City really do something about this.

Roger Federer - 2009 French Open Champion - The quartet is complete - 16 Grand Slams and counting
Martin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 01:17 AM   #19
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

Ssssshhh, Keane rocks!
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:19 AM   #20
Scott Storm

Scott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond reputeScott Storm has a reputation beyond repute

First off I have a lot of respect for Roy as a player, I never really liked him as a man until this summer when he held his ground and stuck to his guns (much respect Roy!)

Bad tackle's happen in football and anybody who has played the game knows that quite a lot are deliberate and with only the luck of the draw seperating them from being career ending.

Martin - It is obvious that you do not know of the living legend that is EAMONN DUNPHY this guy is the coolest guy on Irish terrestrial Television / Radio / Print media. Dunphy is held up as a national icon by many including myself.

One tale of Dunphy's exploits is from this summer when he showed up drunk as a skunk to be a pundit for a world up game and start's cursing like a hero, you should have heard the slating he gave the unfortuanate striker that missed a good chance.
He of course was then sacked for the remaining duration of the wc but has joyfully since returned to our screens.

Oh yeah! in case of anybody mistaking me for a man u fan.

Man U suck!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:01 PM   #21
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

bad tackles to happen but one admits he deliberately did it for revenge.
then its another matter

I would get him for GBH as well
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:13 AM   #22
The Crow

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Of course tackling is inherent to the sport, but it's the tackling for revenge thing that should get him banned (at least). I don't see the difference between this and someone beating someone else up out of revenge (outside a football field).
The Crow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote