Guga's articles - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #151
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga's articles

PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 AM   #152
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Guga initiates training for season 2006

13/10/2005 to 18h04
Florianópolis (SC) - After two weeks of rest, Gustavo Kuerten is in return to the work. In this thursday, in Santa Catarina, the preparation for season 2006. Guga starts if to prepare to compete in the year that comes, with the objective to better dispute the matches of the professional circuit in its physical form and technique.

For this, it initiated the work for the physical part with the preparador Fernando Cao, for then only starting to train in squares, with the Argentine technician Hernan Gumy. "I am starting this period of preparation, that goes well to be pulled and long, but that I know that goes to make the difference when I to start to compete", commented former-number 1 of Brazil. Guga goes to alternate periods of training in Brazil and Argentina.

In this season, the tricampeão of Roland Garros disputed only nine matches of ATP, since its return to squares them in the beginning of April, in the gross sand of Valence, Spain. In 16 departures, it only won six. The catarinense arrived to lose five games followed in the estréia. In the two only matches of Grand Slam that it disputed, it fell in the first round in Roland Garros and it was to the second phase in the Opened one of the United States. It closes the season in 293ª position, currently as number 8 of the country.

Guga also acted in the team of Brazil in the two confrontations for the zonal American the 2 of the Pantry Davises against the Antilhas Dutch, in Florianópolis, and against Uruguay, in Montevidéu, where Brazil guaranteed the classification for zonal the 1 in the year that comes.

GOOOOOOOO GUGAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #153
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

Guga will play an exhibition in Argentina in december (articel from UOL tenisbrasil - babelfish translation):

Guga will dispute friendly match in Argentina as preparation

Gustavo Kuerten will dispute a friendly match as part of preparation for the next season. Of 15 the 18 of December, the Brazilian tenista will play the Argentina Cup, in Buenos Aires, against some of the best tenistas of the world. "I was honored in receiving this invitation to play a match in Argentina, being the only foreigner and in the way of as many players between best it world that they have nowadays", said Guga, that it initiated, last week, the preparation for season 2006, with the technician Hernan Gumy and the physical preparador, Fernando Cao, in Santa Catarina.
It enters the guaranteed Argentines in the match are Gastón Gaudio, Guillermo Coria, David Nalbandian and Mariano Puerta, who are between the 15 best ones of ranking world-wide, Mariano Zabaleta, Agustín Calleri, Squillari Franc, Juan Martin del Filly, Juan Ignacio Chela, Jose Acasuso and Guillermo Cañas, who is suspended for use of doping.
Guga standes out that the competition will have great importance it to pack in the beginning of the next season. Since that he comes recouping of the second surgery the one that was submitted in the hip, he says that 2006 it will be good the year to come back the spoon results.
"Besides being special to play in Buenos Aires, this competition happens in a date where everybody goes to be training strong, finishing the preparation for 2006. To be able to compete with players as these, of the highest bore, very goes to be important." The Brazilian, that in this year gained only three departures in the nine matches of first line that it disputed, has good memories of Buenos Aires. It gained a heading in the Argentine capital, in 2001, but in the gross sand. Of this time, the friendly match will be disputed in squares fast, in the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #154
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! And maybe it's a sign he's willing to play the Aussie Open (could he enter it with his protected ranking or is it no longer valid?)!!
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #155
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad that Guga is retuning to the squares. It seems so odd to have him preparing without Lari. I only wish for him to play pain free so that he again can have joy from tennis.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #156
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/d...t138u25530.htm

Article translated by Babelfish.

Quote:
Complete Guga one month of treinos and already feels effect

10/11/2005 17h39 Buenos Aires (ARG)

Gustavo Kuerten continues training in intense rhythm and if preparing for season 2006. It has one month initiated the long phase of preparation and already he is feeling the difference, after the four first weeks of physical work and of he squares. "I am putting into motion itself better and starting to dispute points of deep of it squares", it counted Guga, that is training in Argentina, where they live its technician Hernan Gumy and the physical preparador Fernando Cao. Beyond the treinos of physical preparation, Guga is also making a specific work of fortalecimento of the hip. "we are giving continuity to the work that I made in São Paulo, that helped me very, and feels that I am stronger and evolving to the few", it detached the tenista, that after the surgery in the right hip, works to search to reperar the form that took it to the tricampeonato in Roland Garros and number 1 of the world. Guga will keep the routine of treinos in the next weeks, having alternated sojourns in Santa Catarina, where it inhabits, and in Argentina. In the next week, the catarinense one disputes the Argentina Pantry, in Buenos Aires, as invited, to the side of Gastón Gaudio, Guillermo Coria, David Nalbandian, Mariano Zabaleta, Agustin Calleri, Mariano Puerta, Squillari Franc, Juan Martin del Filly, Guillermo Cañas, Juan Ignacio Chela and Jose Acasuso. Ídolo in Argentina, Guga was invited by the organizdores of the event to participate of the competition, being the only foreigner to integrate the list of 12 participants.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:51 AM   #157
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Very positive article, thanks Guga really seems to progress well, I feel like he has been out of the ATP tour since ages I can't wait to see the new Guga

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Old 11-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #158
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

From Guga´s official website (babelfish translation, @ all the "funny" tournaments). It seems he will skip AO. For those who haven´t checked Guga´s website lately, there are also new pics from his training and physical preparation.

Guga initiates season 2006 in Viña del Mar

Gustavo Kuerten already defined its initial calendar of season 2006. He starts the year in the world-wide circuit, in day 30 of January, with the dispute of the ATP of Viña del Mar, in Chile. The tricampeão of Roland Garros, that is training five weeks, already in preparation for the next season, chose to come back to compete, in its favourite floor, the gross sand.
Guga will start 2006 in Viña del Mar and has planned to also dispute all the matches of the Funny Latin American (of Chile, the Funny one follows for Argentina, Brazil and Mexico) and the Davis Cup, where Brazil faces Peru. "I am preparing themselves, training hard and making very physical work with the intention to start in Viña and to play all the Pantry and matches Funny Davis, if I will be convoked," I said Guga. "For me they are very important matches, in the gross sand and that to each year they go being stronger. In this year I could not play, but for the year that comes, I am working, making this long daily pay-season, to be able to compete with good expectations." For Guga all the matches of the Funny one are really special. It already played the four ATPs and in all they were champion. In Viña del Mar, was vice in the passed year, but it conquered the heading of the Chilean ATP, in year 2000, when the competition was disputed in Santiago. In Buenos Aires, Guga was champion in 2001, exactly year where it conquered the simple and double heading of in Acapulco. In Brazil, Guga won two times, in 2002 and 2004. Until the beginning of season 2006, Guga will be training in Brazil and Argentina and disputing some matches exhibition, also as preparation form. He already has confirmed the participation in the Argentina Cup, between days 15 and 18 of December, in Buenos Aires.
CALENDAR JAN/FEV 2006 30 JAN/ATP Viña del Mar (Chile) - gross sand
06 FEV/Davis Cup (Peru)
13 FEV/ATP Buenos Aires (Argentina) - gross sand
20 FEV/ATP Brazil Open - Coast of the Sauípe (Brazil) - gross sand
27 FEV/ATP Acapulco (Mexico) - gross sand
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #159
country flag shotgun

Thanks. I think he made a good decision skipping the Australian Open. He never did really well there, anyway. Better save some energy for the South American "gira". Too bad we'll have to wait more 2 months and a half before seeing him in action again.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:50 PM   #160
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

And clay is a lot easier on his hips
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:22 PM   #161
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

funny translation for clay gross sand...
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #162
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin
funny translation for clay gross sand...
Quote:
to play all the Pantry and matches Funny Davis
haha...

I going to miss him...

Anyway... Good luck in the 2006 season!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 01:09 AM   #163
country flag shotgun

Here's the story I was talking about.

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/497100/628084

Quote:
Kuerten can't get Auckland wildcard

Nov 17, 2005

The organisers of January's Heineken Open have had to turn down one of the world's most famous players and a former number one.

Three-times French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten, who's ranking has slipped to 136 in the world, had asked for a wildcard into the Auckland tournament.

But all three wildcards have been handed out to Mark Philippoussis, Mark Nielsen and the New Zealand winner of a round-robin tournament.

Tournament bosses are unsure whether Kuerten will still try to qualify for the event.

Kuerten has played at the Heineken Open twice before, winning it in 2003.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:55 AM   #164
country flag Billabong

Well we won't see Guga on the ATP tour in the near future it seems

Old 11-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #165
country flag shotgun

http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/d...t138u25668.htm

Quote:
Hingis, Kournikova and Guga play challenge in Rio

23/11/2005 to 18h55 Rio De Janeiro (RIO DE JANEIRO) - Astros and stars of the world-wide tennis will be if presenting in Rio De Janeiro, of 4 the 11 of December, in the Challenge Petrobras de Tênis and Handebol. The Swiss Martina Hingis, former-number 1 of the world, the Russian muse Anna Kournikova, and the Argentine Mariano Puerta, vice this year in Roland Garros, is some of the astros that will be if presenting in Rio to the side of Gustavo Kuerten and other Brazilians.

The event will happen in arena with capacity for 4,5 a thousand people in the Beach of Copacabana, Rio De Janeiro, and will have an extensive esportiva, social and cultural programming, with gratuitous entrance for the public.

The week starts with the Challenge Petrobras de Tênis, with the participation of eight tenistas of the world-wide circuit: the Argentine Mariano Puerta (12º of the world), the North American Robby Ginepri (17º), the German Nicolas Kiefer (23º), the Ecuadorian Nicolas Lapentti (78º) and the Brazilians Gustavo Kuerten, tricampeão of Roland Garros in 1997, 2000 and 2001, and the natives of São Paulo Flávio Saretta (110º), Ricardo Mello (112º) and Júlio Silva (163º).

"I am happy in being able to play another time in Rio De Janeiro. The climate of an event in Rio is always contagiante, has much people attending, involving the players in the match and waits that it is as of the last time, with the crowded arena, the staff stimulating me and the event already serving of preparation for my season 2006", declared Guga.

Day 4 of December (sunday) will be dedicated only to the treinos. The competition starts in day 5 (second), with the preliminary phase between six players, divided in two groups. In the Group It they are Kiefer, Saretta and Lapentti, while the B is formed by Ginepri, Mello and Silva. The players if face inside between itself of the group and the champion ones go to the semifinal, in day 8 (fifth), where already they are Puerta and Guga. The adversaries of the two advanced players will be known through drawing. The end will happen in day 9 (sixth).

The games always start to 19h, with the first round, and not before 21h, the second round. Beyond the competition, they are programmed clinical with Maria Esther Bueno, best the tenista Brazilian of all the times, preliminary games with youthful Brazilians and daily social actions.

Hingis and Kournikova come back - In day 10 of December (Saturday), the Carioca public will have the chance to see in squares two of the tenistas most famous of the world: the Russian Anna Kournikova and the Swiss Martina Hingis, detainer of nothing less of the one than 40 simple headings in and 36 of pairs. The two already had been presented in Brazil, in 2000, in São Paulo.

In the sunday, day 11, will be carried through the Challenge Petrobras de Handebol, enters the masculine elections of Brazil and Cuba. The departure will be the estréia of the new technician of the Brazilian election, the Spaniard Juan Oliver, who assumed the position in October. The confrontation will serve as test it Brazil to evaluate its possibilities of conquest of medals in the Games 2007 Pan-Americans, since the Cuban election will be one of its main rivals in the competition.