Guga's articles - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2005, 01:07 AM   #136
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga's articles

Good luck Guga!!
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #137
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

So Guga comes back to Stuttgart He has a great history there, I hope he continues this success! Thanks for the positive article Clau!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:22 AM   #138
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Guga gets WC in New Haven.
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #139
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Guga got back from New York and took the weekend to rest in Florianopolis. He started training today for the Davis Cup tie against Uruguay. He said he´s very motivated after the two good matches he played in the US Open. Here´s the article in portuguese: http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/d...lt500u1597.htm

Last edited by shotgun : 09-06-2005 at 12:12 AM.
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #140
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

I found that article on terra.com (babelfish tranaslation). I think it´s interesting because Guga sounds not so optimistic as usual about his physical condition.

Guga says that he does not know if he will be turned to play as before

Gustavo Kuerten affirmed, in interview to the Uruguayan periodical El Country, that he does not know if he will be turned to the same present tennis until that took him to the condition of number 1 of the world. Catarinense, who in this year arrived to say that for return of February of 2006 it waited to reach its apex again, already is not more so optimistical. "I believe that I can come back to play well, but am not 100% insurance of that I will be able to play as before. The problem in the hip hinders me to be better ", affirmed Guga, who is in Montevidéu training for the duel with Uruguay for the Group the 2 of the American Zone of the Davis Cup. The Brazilian, to being questioned on the level of the Swiss Roger Federer and the Spaniard Rafael Nadal, currently the best ones of the world, only said that he wants to be competitive when to face them.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #141
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for me it's the good news that he finally faced reality.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #142
country flag amethyst

amethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond reputeamethyst has a reputation beyond repute

Lee, I agree with you!
Old 09-21-2005, 02:29 AM   #143
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

it's good to be practical.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:46 AM   #144
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Well, for me it's the good news that he finally faced reality.
i don't know if it is good news, sometimes when people finally face reality it can break them and they go thru a real down period. Will this happen to Guga? I have no idea, i hope not, but to me, him facing reality makes his retirement much more likely

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #145
country flag amethyst

On UOL they have a more detailed version of the interview. Sounds to me he´s being more realistic, but not down or thinking about giving up.
Here´s the article (babelfish translation):

Realist, Guga admits that he will not come back to play as before
the international agencies In Montevidéu (Uruguay)
Training in Montevidéu for the confrontation with Uruguay in confrontation that defines the champion of the group 2 of the American Zone of the Davis Cup, Gustavo Kuerten admitted that never form will come back its better technique. Currently occupying 297º place of ranking of entrances of the ATP (Association of the Tenistas Professional), the catarinense affirms that he only wants to be competitive in the future.
according to semester of the passed year, Guga passed for a delicate surgery in the hip. Later, the tenista faced a long process of recovery, being more than six months absent of the professional circuit. "I believe that I have possibilities to come back to play well, but am not 100% insurance of that I will be able to play as before and to get the same results", affirmed Guga in interview to the Uruguayan periodical El Parents. "the problem in the hip hinders me to advance in ranking, to be better. But already I very find me better than I imagined. I have that to analyze the situation of positive form ", he continued the Brazilian.
Questioned if he could face with equality of conditions the Swiss Roger Federer and the Spaniard Rafael Nadal, today the best ones of the world, Guga affirmed that he wants to be competitive against them. "I wait to come back to be in a good level and to be competitive against them", answered the former-number 1 of the world and tricampeão of Roland Garros. On the possibilities to increase its victorious description in the Grand French Slam, Guga if pronounces with the feet in the soil. "It is a magnificent dream. But now I have to worry me about objectives next to me. I have to improve slowly and to think about real things ", he commented.
The end against the Uruguayans is being faced with seriousness for Guga. For the catarinense tenista, the adversaries can be dangerous for acting ahead of its twisted one, in Montevidéu. "We wait a good weekend, with much people attending. We are training sufficient, I feel each better time and the motivation to play a Pantry Davis is always special ", affirmed. "Although the Uruguayans not to have no player very known or enter the best ones in ranking, in the sport everything decide themselves in the hour of the game. Then, we have to be prepared, because they can become dangerous, especially playing in house."
Old 09-22-2005, 12:41 AM   #146
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_one
i don't know if it is good news, sometimes when people finally face reality it can break them and they go thru a real down period. Will this happen to Guga? I have no idea, i hope not, but to me, him facing reality makes his retirement much more likely
I have faith in Guga. With the adversities he faced in his life, his father died suddenly when he's young and a younger brother with serious medical problem. With big family support and probably no-nonsense teaching from Olga and Alice he won't be broken with this.

And thanks for the article, Claudia.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:44 AM   #147
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute

Guga announced today, after the Davis Cup match, that he won´t play any more tournaments this year.

Article in portuguese here: http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/d...t138u24930.htm
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #148
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
Guga announced today, after the Davis Cup match, that he won´t play any more tournaments this year.

Article in portuguese here: http://www2.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/d...t138u24930.htm

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 AM   #149
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

whatever Guga.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:06 AM   #150
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Guga had already said Davis Cup would be his last official tournament of 2005... but will he play the Challengers??? It doesn't seem he will Apparently he turned his ankle I think? Rest your ankle Guga and please be 100% healthy for 2006!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote