Paradorn getting treatment - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #1
jirobkk

jirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Paradorn getting treatment

Paradorn getting treatment

[TENNIS] Thai star Paradorn Srichaphan is spending a week in Bangkok having treatment on his injured right wrist before returning to the court to prepare for the Asian Games.

The Thai No 1 is spending about 20-30 minutes a day having ultrasounds and getting treatment at Smitijev Hospital in Bangkok to cure the wrist injury which has bothered him for most of the season.

The good news for the Thai star is that he does not have to have an operation - there were rumours earlier this year that surgery was the only option for the former world No 8.

"The doctor said my condition is not serious. So ultrasounds and treatment should be enough for the time

being,'' said Paradorn, who was advised by his doctor to rest more as he is also recovering from an illness which forced him to pull out of his match against Juan Ignacio Chela of Chile in the Paris Masters Series.

Paradorn has previously

had some therapy for his injured wrist, but was never completely cured because of his commitments to play in tournaments.

"I have to stop training for a week and go for the treatment every day to allow my condition to improve. After that I can pick up a racquet again," he told The Nation.

Paradorn's season is finished and his ranking has dropped to No 53 this week. But in December he will be defending his title in the Asian Games. Four years ago he defeated South Korean Lee Hyung-taik to win the men's singles gold medal.

At this year's games he is likely to only contest the men's singles and might skip the men's team event, despite the fact that Thailand's men's team have a good chance of winning the gold medal.

"I'd love to play the team event, but I have to listen to my body. I don't want to play too much only to injure myself before the new season,'' added Paradorn.

Meanwhile, fifth-seed Danai Udomchoke was put to the test by Noam Okun of Israel before moving into the second round of the US$75,000 (Bt2.8 million) Flea Market Cup Busan Challenger tournament in South Korea yesterday.
Danai, who surged to No 95 in the world rankings this week, won the first set comfortably but struggled in the following two sets before winning 6-2 4-6 7-5. Danai will next play Australian Alexander Peya, who defeated Switzerland's Marco Chiudinelli 6-1 6-1.

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam
The Nation
Jiro's Facebook
Jiro's Multiply Homepage

My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors
Congrats to (Ball)Paradorn, the 2002 Long Island Champion, 2002 Stockholm Champion, 2003 Chennai Champion, 2003 Long Island Champion, 2004 Nottingham Champion and many many more.......
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
country flag spinRDX

spinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paradorn getting treatment

good luck to Pdorn!
spinRDX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #3
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Is he going to play any challengers in December?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
country flag pomnok

pomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond reputepomnok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Is he going to play any challengers in December?
He will play Asian Games 2006 in Doha
pomnok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #5
country flag spinRDX

spinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond reputespinRDX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomnok View Post
He will play Asian Games 2006 in Doha
that's right!

1-15 Dec in Doha games! (single&team)
spinRDX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote