Schedule 2007 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM   #91
country flag rubsch

rubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond reputerubsch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schedule 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
So no, Rubsch, I don't agree with that post of yours where you said he won't have any more fans after he finally comes back
I bet there are enough fans who are sick of waiting and who won't wait any longer... Luckily there are fans like us (I won't give him up Deea ) who are waiting and waiting and waiting...
All I wanted to say is that I am frustrated and others too and a lot of the others aren't fans anymore.
However...

Roger Federer-Richard Gasquet-Lleyton Hewitt
rubsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 08:25 PM   #92
country flag marcosz1985

marcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm one of those who are very very frustated... i dont understand what is happening to him...is it difficult to believe that he always has and injury when tournaments are closer... althoug everything i'll wait until he returns but i have such a strange sensation because 3 years ago he was one of three best palyer in clay all around the world and now it seems he's frighten to enter a tennis court... i saw guillermo play for the first time when he was 15 and, from always, he was such a natural competitorand now ¿....?
sory, my english is not so good
bye
marcosz1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #93
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, damn, damn....

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #94
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosz1985 View Post
i'm one of those who are very very frustated... i dont understand what is happening to him...is it difficult to believe that he always has and injury when tournaments are closer... althoug everything i'll wait until he returns but i have such a strange sensation because 3 years ago he was one of three best palyer in clay all around the world and now it seems he's frighten to enter a tennis court... i saw guillermo play for the first time when he was 15 and, from always, he was such a natural competitorand now ¿....?
sory, my english is not so good
bye
Are you implying that Guille is a...coward? ....nah, I don't think he's afraid. Well, maybe just a little bit, but I don't think fear is the biggest thing that's keeping him from playing. I actually hadn't thought that he might be uhm, "lying" about being injured because let's face it, he was known to be injury-prone back before Perlas (FIRE JORGE), and second, he wouldn't lie about stuff like that. ok maybe he would, but I'm naive enough to believe he wouldn't. Anyway, I believe he still has desire and well, that's all I can say.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:09 AM   #95
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl View Post
Are you implying that Guille is a...coward? ....nah, I don't think he's afraid. Well, maybe just a little bit, but I don't think fear is the biggest thing that's keeping him from playing. I actually hadn't thought that he might be uhm, "lying" about being injured because let's face it, he was known to be injury-prone back before Perlas (FIRE JORGE), and second, he wouldn't lie about stuff like that. ok maybe he would, but I'm naive enough to believe he wouldn't. Anyway, I believe he still has desire and well, that's all I can say.
well.....fear as we experience it, just in our regular lives, can be quite intense but usually we all have the resolve to believe in the bigger picture & ourselves & rise above it. Its a different universe of pressure having everybody around the world watching your every move, holding their breath as you serve, hoping they wont laugh if you miss, and then all the papers writing about you & forming public opinion ...and the 'public' is just everyone, everywhere you go, because they ALL know who you are, even though you dont know who they are...

this is a place where any non-machine can be shaken to a place that makes them vulnerable.

so who knows if it is fear, or if he doesnt feel right yet, or if it is an injury... but none of this would make him a coward.

its just a unique pressure....especially in argentina where the people on the street are CRAZY with IDOL-WORSHIP that is very desperate in nature.If you're going to be famous, you probably want to be famous where the public doesnt make you a god for every little victory and ridiculed for every little set back.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #96
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea View Post
OKay, finally some official news and from Guille himself! He has good news and bad news...The good news is that he denied all those stupid rumours that he's gonna retire from tennis. He said he's really working hard for his comeback and he mentioned that he has trained with some of the guys from Argentina's DC team, such as Canas (That's good imo, 'cause training with a great players is indeed useful )

The bad news is that he won't be returning on the 30th in Ostrava , even if he already had everything ready. After one training last week in which he says he played sets (I don't know what he means by that ) he started feeling pain in the abdomen but thought it will go away. But when he resumed training at the beggining of this week it started hurting more so he went to the doctors who unfortunately discovered another tear in one of his abdominal muscles, right next to the old one and he has to stop training for a couple of days. He also said that before he comes back he wants to have 5 weeks of intensive training in the gym, so that the story won't repeat itself (I think that maybe he's trying to point out that he hasn't done enough gym training and this is what could have caused the tear )

In the ending he says that he also would have liked to been able to come back sooner but unfortunately that is not possble, so he has to keep waiting...and he sends hugs to all of us.

In my view...even though this is another set-back to the so long awaited comeback, I'd rather see him back fully healthy and in no risk of getting another injury because of rushing into things. I know this is frustrating for all of us but I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be for HIM. Even if he does miss on RG this year I don't care as long as he comes back healthy and truly ready for the competition at the top of the game. He can do great things at RG next year, our boy is young, we just have to stick with him. So no, Rubsch, I don't agree with that post of yours where you said he won't have any more fans after he finally comes back
Great post Andreea, agree with it all. Even if it is mainly bad news.

I really hope that when he does come back he has sorted out the major issues.

As for people stopping being fans, well, sure some people will, but Guillermo doesn't owe us anything. He is doing what he thinks is best for his career.

I just hope to see him kicking ass on court again .
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #97
country flag marcosz1985

marcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond reputemarcosz1985 has a reputation beyond repute

i never said he was a coward! y really admire guille but something extrange is happening becuase it is not normal so many injurys and that he cannot play since september!
marcosz1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #98

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosz1985 View Post
i never said he was a coward! y really admire guille but something extrange is happening becuase it is not normal so many injurys and that he cannot play since september!
No, sorry. I was just joking ^_^; I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to say you were calling him a coward. But, refer to Daze's post. It makes great points about fear and what not, especially in Guille's situation, which is (in my opinion) unique.

Thanks Andrea for that extended translation. You're right about the implication that he needs to build more muscle. In that case I will end my "FIRE JORGE" campaigne; it never really gained any speed :\
Let's also not forget that Guille is a perfectionist and he never wants to do anything half-assed; it HAS to be done right. So, as long as it's taking him, we can trust that it is for the best.
Also if he loses fans, they well be the bandwagon fans. The long-time fans will still be here, the faithful fans will be here, and when he comes back he'll have new fans

Old 04-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #99
country flag Nedved Rosicky

Nedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond reputeNedved Rosicky has a reputation beyond repute

hi , i'm a new fan of Latino tennis, also cares about Coria's situation. I saw his name on the entry list of AMS Hamburg, is that only a list in advance?? because i read those messages about his injury. seems he probably can't catch up this tournament.
Nedved Rosicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #100

Hmm well, he said he will take a few days off for his injury, which isn't as bad as the last tear. So if we estimate him starting back his training on say...wednesday, add to that 5 weeks of weight training...most likely he will miss all the clay Masters, and the French Open

Welcome

Old 04-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #101
country flag daze11

Quote:
Hmm well, he said he will take a few days off for his injury, which isn't as bad as the last tear. So if we estimate him starting back his training on say...wednesday, add to that 5 weeks of weight training...most likely he will miss all the clay Masters, and the French Open

Welcome
but what about his unseeded french open victory??

Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #102

Oh damnit I forgot. Well!...with that huge ranking drop, he won't be able to get in anyway

Old 04-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #103
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh damnit I forgot. Well!...with that huge ranking drop, he won't be able to get in anyway
Wild Card